Strawberry Mochi Launch!

Hey guys, welcome to the brand new Strawberry Mochi! I’m so excited to introduce you all to the new blog! If you came on over from Pretty Shiny Things, thank you! If you’re here for the first time and confused, I’m Catherine, formerly of Pretty Shiny Things. I’ve been “beauty-blogging” for ~10 months now, and decided recently to get a domain name and move from Blogger to WordPress. I won’t bore you with details, but obviously, I chose strawberrymochi.com and have just finished porting all my old blog entries to the new site!

If you were subscribed to my old blog at Pretty Shiny Things, I would be so appreciative if you could follow my blog here instead! I am definitely keeping my Blogger account in order to keep up with all you ladies (especially since I do love the Blogger Dashboard for reading blogs) but Pretty Shiny Things will no longer be updated after this point.

Strawberry Mochi is still very much a work-in-progress and I will be working on writing up my pages, fixing all my tags and categories and re-adding my blogroll over the next few weeks, but I am so happy to welcome you all here! Strawberry Mochi already has some cool new features including threaded commenting and CommentLuv and I’m working to add even more stuff in the future. If you have any suggestions on how I can improve Strawberry Mochi, please let me know! Plus – you guys all know how behind I am – I’ve got about 43 posts of material already planned, so definitely stay tuned!

Here’s a sneak peak at what’s to come!

The packages and holiday cards I came home to! There were even more in the leasing office/at the PO too! My first Christmas gift of the year! My first Coach bag – courtesy of my fabulous Aunt Kimmy!
Silk Whitia Whitening and Moisturizing Mask from Jess of Ohh Pretty! SO’s Christmas Present: Zoe Chicco Bow Ring in Sterling Silver, and showing off my new bunny studs too. =)
The Christmas card I sent to my Grandpa in Taiwan Holiday Greetings on the fridge! I’ve gotten more since I took this picture too!
My last NOTD: Sinful Secret Admirer + $OPI Worth My Weight + Sinful UFO. A FOTD with UD Get Baked Palette.

Exciting no? I’m also planning on doing a Stash Inventory early next week (including nail polish and tea) and then a slew of skincare reviews that I’m terribly behind on!

If you used to be on my blogroll and I haven’t added you yet, please feel free to shoot me an email! (And I fully realize, at this point that I have only added like… 5 links. I am still working on it, I promise! ;D) If you weren’t on my old blogroll but would still like to exchange links, please shoot me an email as well! Thanks guys and stay tuned!

Tags: ,

34 Responses to “Strawberry Mochi Launch!”

1. Jen says:

Cute site, made me smile. ISN”T SELF HOSTING SO MUCH NICER.

Jen responds:

You can delete this if you want if I’m ruining your launch. :)

QUESTION: PST OR EST? I DON’T WANNA STAY UP UNTIL 3 AM. ;_____;

LMAO. Um. No, this is fine. I’m probably editing and then forward-dating this entry as the launch entry. And ah… you know honestly, I hadn’t thought that far ahead yet. ^^;;

2. Yay for the new domain! I’m following you here too!! Happy New Year!
    .-= K / bihadadiaries´s last blog ..Coach! =-.

Yay, thanks so much K! :D

3. Great new site. I came from Pretty Shiny Things XD Congratz on the new site with domain. Love the cute name and layout. Hope to see all the posts you have planned! Looks great. And wow, your blogroll looks so organized =D

I have a giveaway coming very soon.

Hi Lisa, thanks so much for coming on through! Glad to see you here, and of course I’ll check out your blog. =)

Oh, congratulations Catherine for launching strawberry mochi! I really love the name, hehe…
    I’ve been thinking of a self hosted blog myself, but haven’t found enough time to work on it yet.
    Maybe you can give me some useful tips? ;)

Thanks so much for the congratulations Jess!! I love the name too hahaha. I’ll explain how I chose it sometime soon, I think. And of course I’d be happy to help you out! This is actually the … 3rd or 4th self-hosted blog I’ve had, I think?! I’ve been blogging for a really long time hahahaha. WordPress has gotten so much more complicated since I first used it, but in many ways it’s sooooooooo much easier now too! Feel free to email me anytime! :D

Jess responds:

Thanks Catherine for offering me your help!
    I’ll coe back to this sometime, when I have more time!
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..Merry Christmas! =-.

Sure thing, Jess, anytime! :D

Yay congrats Cat :) so exciting! New website for the new year!! Lookig forward to your new posts! <3

oops, I think my first comment didn’t get posted. Congrats Cat on the new site! So exciting, new website for the new year! I’ll look forward to your future posts! <3

Hahaha, I think there was probably a blip there. Thanks so much Lulu! :D

This is looking smashing hun! Congratulations on the new domain + website, what a way to ring in the new year!
    Can’t wait to read the many, many posts you were talking to me about rofl!
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..How to impress your BFF (who has everything) on his birthday =-.

Thanks again for all your help Ilyana!!! Love you! :D

8. evie says:

woots for the new site! looking forward to those posts!..

.-= evie´s last blog ..I got some konad! =-.

Thank you! :D

9. Cat, congrats on your new supa dupa lovely site!! :D Wow, you received so many goodies. Your new Coach bag is so cute!

Happy New Year, sweets!!!

Thank you!! And teeheehee. I can’t wait to blog about all of it! I just have so much photo-editing to do first LOL….

Congrats on your new site! Happy New Year Catherine! looking forward to your new posts :)
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..10 Beauty Facts =-.

Thank you! :D Happy New Year to you too! :D

11. Anita C. says:

Congrats on the new site Catherine!! :D
    I love the new name you chose.
    Definitely looking forward to seeing all your new updates.
    Happy New Year! :) xx

Thank you hon! And hehe, I’ll explain the name sometime soon. :D

12. Diane says:

Hey Cat!

Congrats on the new site, I love it! Followed you here. =)

Wow, I really like your new set up, makes me want to change over and self host my site too. I might pick your brain about this later.

Congrats again! Happy New Year! XOXO
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..What I received for Christmas! =-.

Thank you! :D I do have to say, I am pretty proud of my setup as well. And totally!! I’d be happy to help out and answer questions, etc. WordPress has changed a LOT since I first used it (like… I swear almost 8 years ago… I feel so old LOL!!!!), but I think it’s actually so much easier to use now than it used to be. Feel free to email me anytime! :D

13. Lina says:

Amazing site!!! Love the new name – I’d actually love to hear how/why you picked it :) Very very cute!!!!

Thank you so much Lina! I will definitely have a post on how I chose the name soon. =)

14. geisharock says:

Love the nails! Cute name for the new blog too :) xoxo
    .-= geisharock´s last blog ..Smoky grungy eyes =-.

Thank you! :D :D :D

congrats!!!!!!! ^______^ i can’t believe it actually has happened! hahaa. woo hoo!
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Merry Christmas! =-.

THANK YOU SARAH!!!! Man, it must have been MONTHS ago I was talking to you about this hahahahaha. But yay! :D :D :D

16. May says:

Hi Catherine! Yay for new domain! I love your new blog and looking forward to your future post:) Just follow<3
    .-= May´s last blog ..Happy New Year! =-.

Thanks May!! :D