NOTD: OPI Senorita Rose-alita & Another MAC Spiced Chocolate FOTD

Orly Bonder, 2 coats OPI Senorita Rose-alita, Seche Vite

Hi all, today I finally bring you a picture of my NOTW lol. It’s probably the simplest one I’ve done in quite a long time. So… originally I really wanted to wear P&J 02, but unfortunately that one is quite sheer and took 5-6 coats to get rid of my visible nail line (VNL – you know, the white part of the nail) and just refused to dry. I think it’s meant to be worn sheer (it really is so beautiful) so I’ll just have to find a nice opaque neutral to wear it over. So instead, I decided to do something nice and easy out of my untrieds and picked OPI’s Senorita Rose-alita which I received in swap a few weeks ago. It’s a lovely medium rose pink with gorgeous gold shimmer. I like it so much in fact, that I’m wearing it on my toes right now too. :D

Eyes: MAC Spiced Chocolate Quad, UD Half Baked, Bourbon; Cheeks: Laura Mercier Nectar, Orange Blossom; Lips: Laura Mercier Baked Earth Stickgloss

And I wasn’t going to post this today (I wasn’t even planning on doing a FOTD today since I haven’t left the apartment LOL) but I just loved it so much I decided to anyway. Here is my second MAC Spiced Chocolate FOTD. I found Temptalia‘s Autumn Delights look using the Spiced Chocolate Quad yesterday when I was looking up release info for the Cult of Cherry Collection and liked it so much I just had to try it out myself. My compliments to Christine, because as you guys know, I rarely ever, ever like a look enough to copy it. In fact, this is the second time I’ve ever done it in my little over a year of wearing eye makeup.

I tweaked her look just a tad by using UD Half Baked along the tearduct and on top of where she used Nanogold on the lid since I love gold and because Nanogold just blends like crap. So, that would be UD Baked on the inner 1/3 of the lid, Brash on the outer 2/3, and Sweet Chestnut in the crease and outer lower lashline. I also added a bit of Spiced Chocolate in the outer corner and on top of Sweet Chestnut on the lower lashline to deepen the look a little. My eyes aren’t as deep set as Christine‘s so I really need the extra definition.

On my cheeks I’m wearing LM Nectar and Orange Blossom blushes, and on my lips I’m wearing LM Baked Earth stickgloss. I actually tried out Rosewater and Poppy first, but they were too pink and too red respectively. Baked Earth is just right though.

I think this might just be my favorite FOTD ever! At least I can’t think of one I like better than this one at the moment. I’m probably going to wear it again tomorrow when I’m actually going to class LOL. What about you guys, do you have a favorite FOTD of your own?

Tags: , , , , ,

33 Responses to “NOTD: OPI Senorita Rose-alita & Another MAC Spiced Chocolate FOTD”

Cat you look so sweet!! I think pinks are a really good look on you.
    I actually think your FOTD matches your NOTD too lol, I love OPI’s Senorita Rose-alita..actually I just love anything with pink and gold in it but still…I LOVE THAT POLISH!

And dude, you’ve got killer writing skills to be able to write 1 post a day. Hopefully I get to take my photos later in the day when I get back home :/
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..The ultimate LUSH battle: Angels on Bare Skin vs Dark Angels =-.

Aww, thank you! I’m actually super happy I’ve finally found a way to wear warm pinks and now I totally want to buy more pink (cooler and brighter pink) shadows to see if I can get those to work LOL. I think the gold helps a lot here though. It looked a little weird when it was just Nanogold by itself hahaha.

& DUDE I totally thought that too! I was like ooooh pink and gold! :D :D :D

& HAHAHA. No no no, you have mad writing skillz. I just blabber. =P

2. you look so pretty and glowy! i love your nail color, the gold shimmery undertones remind me of apples! yum yum
    .-= Makeupmorsels´s last blog ..Happiness Comes In Bottles =-.

Thanks! I think warm neutrals are the key to a glowy look for me. =)

& teeheehee, I never thought about it that way but now that I look at my nails you’re totally right! They do really remind me of apples. :D

Makeupmorsels responds:

LOL i find a way to relate everything to food, especially when I’m writing a really boring paper and it’s approaching midnight.
    .-= Makeupmorsels´s last blog ..Happiness Comes In Bottles =-.

3. innerchild says:

Your nails are so lovely! Such a nice color. And I like your FOTD, so pretty, the neutral color would be perfect for daytime. I don’t have a favorite FOTD myself, I do remember doing All About Eve + off-black liner every-friggin day for 3 months lol I’m so lazy :D
    .-= innerchild´s last blog ..Maquia January 2010 features Best Cosmetics of 2009 =-.

Thank you. :D I love pinks and golds together, so it’s actually not that surprising that I’d like the NOTD or FOTD so much LOL. I just never thought I could make a red/pink eyeshadow work so well!

And LOL. No worries – I totally get like that too. I think I once wore MAC Cocomotion with Museum Bronze in the crease for a few weeks last quarter b/c I was just so busy and stressed out. But I have such a nice collection of color shadows I always feel bad for neglecting them after a while lol.

4. ect says:

Pretty fotd! These colors look great on you :DD I don’t think I have a fav fotd since mostly I use the same look every day XD
    .-= ect´s last blog ..EOTD/FOTD – Testing out new products! & Your thoughts on… =-.

Thanks! :D Hehehe, I can definitely get stuck in a rut too… but then I feel guilty about neglecting all my pretty color shadows. I love neutrals too though. I think I wore MAC Cocomotion for about 50% of last quarter.

5. I can definitely see why it’s your fave FOTD b/c it looks sooo pretty on you! *^_^* Hee hee…love the name of that OPI polish. They have the best names.
    .-= Shop N’ Chomp´s last blog ..Sin City, Part 3 =-.

Aww thank you! :D

And yea! OPI totally has the best names! :D

your nail color looks gorgeous! the photos are really good :)

Thank you! :D

That looks so pretty on you :D LOVE the color combination. I am too impatient to wear 5-6 coats of nail polish. This is why my nail polish looks horrible on right now – I just can’t sit still and let them dry.
    .-= ndoodles´s last blog ..New Years Resolution? =-.

Aww thank you! I really love this color combination too! I was so surprised that a red/pink would look so pretty. :D

And hahaha. I don’t think it’s so much the time it takes the polish to dry more that the layers of this one just never would have. Do you use a quick-dry topcoat? I use Seche Vite or Poshe’s quick-dry topcoats as the last layer on wet nail polish and my polish usually dries completely within 5 minutes, even when I layer on a ton of polishes like in my New Year’s Eve NOTD. I’m not sure why the P&J one just didn’t want to work this time. =/

love the nail color and your fotd is really pretty and romantic!!
    .-= amynaree´s last blog ..Love Package, Swap, Hauls =-.

Thank you! I totally want to try out wearing more pink eyeshadows now. :D

9. Lina says:

Oooh pretty! Looks like a more subdued version of D&G Rose Nail Polish! That look is really flattering on you!
    .-= Lina´s last blog ..Guerlain Cherry Blossom, Beatrix & Blondie for Spring 2010 =-.

I totally thought of you and D&G’s Rose when I put it on!! It’s not quite as blingy… but it is quite nice nonetheless. The gold shimmer shows up a lot more in person than in the picture too. & thank you. :D

10. Anita C. says:

Catherine!!! This look is SUPER pretty on you that I cannot resist commenting. Reds & pinks really suit you :D You pull them off so well! Great job <3 xx

Aww thank you! :D

this is a really pretty FOTD :) love all the warm tones you used! it reminds me of one of my favorite FOTDs where I used a cranberry and shimmery brown shadows…hmm..perhaps I’ll take the challenge of trying to recreate it over the weekend! i swear i never have the energy during the week to do more than a swipe of Soba and some black liner on my lids for work now =T
    .-= mayaari´s last blog ..Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick =-.

Thank you! Ooooh, I would totally love to see that FOTD from you!! :D :D :D

And LOL. I totally feel you. I did this again today for going to class and I feel like it was a little more complicated than I’d like to do on a regular weekday. I’m totally guilty of wearing Cocomotion with Museum Bronze in the crease for weeks on end too. But… eventually all the pretty color shadows guilt me into wearing them again LOL.

12. I like how your lip color matches your eyeshadow colors perfectly in this look. That nail color is also really fun and flirty. Great post!

Thanks! I tried two other lipsticks before settling on this one. Sometimes there’s just that perfect color, you know? :D

13. Miumiu says:

the eyeshadow looks real pretty on you ~

Thanks hon!

14. PetSugar says:

wow i really like it!! it reminds me of the softness in those ulzzang tutorials i posted. it could sit right there with them! very very pretty. I think I’ll try it. I’m thinking of throwing some FOTD’s onto my blog some day.. some day when I become photogenic lol (never).
    .-= PetSugar´s last blog ..anemoon – Camel Becomes Lantern Light Becomes Towel =-.

Aww, thank you!! :D :D :D

And I bet you’re more photogenic than you think! =P It does take some practice to take FOTD pictures, but practice makes perfect! I’d love to see some FOTDs from you! :D

15. Sarah says:

Ooh I love your FOTD you look just gorgeous- so soft and beautiful :) Really matches your nails, this is such a pretty colour too!!!!!!
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Movie Makeup- Inspired by Moulin Rouge… =-.

Aww thank you! I really love this combination. :D

WOW! what an awesome fotd ;) and the nail color is gorgeous too! even for ME, a non-pink-person :P
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Merry Christmas! =-.

Hahaha, YAY! Thank you! :D