MAC Pigments Swap, Swatches & FOTDs

Swap with stilaaddiction on MUA

Hi guys! Today I’ve got a post on some MAC pigments I recently got in swap from stilaaddiction on MUA. (I’m belletrist9 on that site.) Sincere thanks to her for her kindness and patience, especially since I wasn’t even home to receive her package for like a week and a half! She was so nice to send me a holiday greeting card and two skincare samples in addition to the pigments I swapped for.

Aren’t they gorgeous!? They’re *really* generous samples! I don’t really have any conception of how much a 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon is when it comes to piggies, but I’m pretty sure these will last me just about forever! Kind of funny, because once Ilyana suggested that I would really like Blonde’s Gold, I actually went on MUA and tried to swap for a sample of it, in addition to some pigments that I’ve wanted for quite a while now, like Sweet Sienna and Circa Plum. And I was successful! So I now have two jars of Blonde’s Gold! LOL. But it’s so pretty I’m happy to have more of it hehe. The pigment pictures on the right are actually more accurate, I think, color-wise than the swatches below.

Swatches: Sunnydaze, Sweet Sienna, Circa Plum, Blonde’s Gold, Mauvement, Golden Olive, Kitchmas, Blonde’s Gold (last two from Ilyana’s swap)

I apologize for the poor quality of the swatches, but I thought I’d still post them since it shows the difference in finish in the pigments. They are quite washed out though, so I’d refer to the picture of the jars above for color accuracy. Mauvement and Kitchmas are the grainiest and have the most fallout. Sweet Sienna is the most matte, relatively speaking. Sunnydaze is by far the most shimmery and it gets everywhere. The first time I wore it I was quite embarrassed because it got all over between my eyes and it’s so noticeable because it’s so reflective LOL. Circa Plum and Blonde’s Gold are also shimmery, but less multidimensional than Sunnydaze and they have less fallout. Golden Olive is just freaking gorgeous, probably the smoothest out of all of them.

And here are three FOTDs I’ve done with these pigments so far:

Eyes: MAC Sunnydaze, Blonde’s Gold & Museum Bronze, UD Bourbon; Cheeks: LM Rose Bloom; Lips: Tsumori Chisato for Shu Uemura Venus Pink
Eyes: MAC Golden Olive & Vintage Gold, UD Stash; Cheeks: MAC Nuance; Lips: Tsumori Chisato for Shu Uemura Jupiter Brown
Eyes: MAC Circa Plum & Sweet Sienna, UD Fishnet, Prestige Granite; Cheeks: LM Rose Bloom; Lips: Tsumori Chisato for Shu Uemura Venus Pink

I’m just in love with Blonde’s Gold, Circa Plum and Golden Olive. Sunnydaze is a good bit lighter than I thought it would be and I dunno, I wouldn’t call Sweet Sienna a taupe? Maybe I’m just not wearing it with the right colors to bring out it’s taupiness LOL.

Do you have any MAC pigments? Or any loose shadows? Which ones are your favorites?

Tags: , , , , , ,

44 Responses to “MAC Pigments Swap, Swatches & FOTDs”

I hate using pigments b/c it is so messy sometimes and sometimes a bit too pigmented than what I want. But I’ve heard great things about Sweet Sienna and Blonde’s Gold. Circa plum looks great too! I love your last look the most! Definitely my kinda a look.
    .-= ndoodles´s last blog ..New Years Resolution? =-.

Hehehe, the last look is totally my favorite as well. :D

I actually have a pretty large collection of EDM loose mineral shadow samples that I never really use anymore since they were so messy… but now that I’ve gotten back into MAC pigments, I actually don’t even really mind anymore. I don’t know if it’s that I’ve gotten better at it or what, but I barely have any problems with making a mess now. I think one of the big things that really helps is that my sample jars don’t have sifters on them like the EDM ones do. I’m convinced those are the devil! T_T;

2. ect says:

Great fotds! I really love purple on you too!<
    .-= ect´s last blog ..Smoky Purple EOTD/FOTD – Testing out swap products! =-.

3. ect says:

Oops, the rest of my comment didn’t go thru :P I’ve never tried pigments before ^^; I had some loose eyeshadows… I liked them but not the mess XP
    .-= ect´s last blog ..Smoky Purple EOTD/FOTD – Testing out swap products! =-.

Hehe, thanks! Purple is definitely one of my favorite colors. :D

And yeaaaa, I totally hated the mess when I had some loose eyeshadows but oddly enough I don’t have the same issues with MAC pigments practically at all. For some reason they don’t get all stuck on the tops of the rims and all over the threads of the jars like my loose shadows did. Maybe it’s that infernal sifter that traps the powder up higher?? Hmmmm…

4. sizbelle says:

you make me lemming for blonde gold now.. i wana try their pigment!!! You really take great effort in getting pic of your FOTD esp you posted 3 at a go.

rite, Jill Stuart blush was one of my 1st purchase.. i’m still looking forward to try out their stuffs..
    .-= sizbelle´s last blog ..Swatches: New addition Jill Stuart Eye Jelly #10 & #05 =-.

Hehehe, Blonde’s Gold is really pretty. It’s actually kind of similar to UD Half Baked I think, but a little softer. I really like the MAC pigments I have. I know their formula is kind of hit or miss, but the hits are really nice.

And LOL thanks. :D I spent about 10-20 minutes on my makeup every day and if I’m not ridiculously late I always try to take a few quick shots with my camera before heading out. They’re not great pictures, but I think it’s about as good as my poor little point-and-shoot can manage. =)

And heehee. The packaging on the JS blushes is just soooooo gorgeous! I think I’m going to get a NARS blush or two first though… since I like my bring colors lol.

Ohh… all colors look so fresh and vibrant! I love the second FOTD (with green pigment) the most!
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..… first post for 2010 : quick update + blog sale! =-.

Thanks Jess! I really love greens but I don’t wear them as much as I should. I’m always wearing purple and brown/taupe LOL.

6. So shimmery and pretty! I still like the purple one most! :) I think I have like one or two piggies I bought a long time ago and are feeling neglected right now. :P
    .-= Shop N’ Chomp´s last blog ..Sin City, Part 3 =-.

Thanks! I think I still like purple the best too LOL. But green/gold will forever hold a special place in my heart and neutrals are so nice and easy for everyday.

And LOL. You should try wearing them again! I’ve already decided that I’m going to dig out my EDM loose shadows and give them another chance in the next week or so. They were my first eyeshadows and I probably haven’t worn them in a year! O_O!

great swap! circa plum is so pretty! i only have a few mac pigments but melon and naked are 2 of my favs! i really want to try more pigments but there are so many !

Thanks! And ooooh, I LOVE Melon!! I’ve heard really good things about Naked but I haven’t managed to get a sample yet. And LOL I totally agree!! There are just too many!!

8. I love the pigments! shimmers galore! blonde’s gold is really pretty, and i have a thing for shimmery greens too. and your FOTDS are always so natural and pretty

Hehehe, that’s definitely one of my favorite things about the piggies – such glorious shimmers! & thank you. :D

Makeupmorsels responds:

honestly i don’t actually own any pigments lol. i buy mac pigments as presents for my friends sometimes though, because a lot of them are really vibrant and pretty. and it’s fun to play with them in the stores :) when i walk out my hands look like a preschooler’s
    .-= Makeupmorsels´s last blog ..1 Minute Makeup =-.

Aww, really? I actually quite love pigments, but I only have two full jars since I think a sample is MORE than enough for me to use for a lifetime. It is a whole lot of fun to play with them in stores though teehee. But I don’t even use my whole jars by themselves. I decanted into sample jars because they’re just soooo much easier to work with lol.
    .-= Catherine´s last blog ..MAC Pigments Swap, Swatches & FOTDs =-.

pretty!!!! so many fun pigments to play with :) I have yet to try MAC pigments!!! Now you just made me really want to get my hands on some!!
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..Physician’s Formula Plump Potion & an awesome giveaway! =-.

They really are so much fun to play with! Hehehehehe. :D :D :D

Holy crap. SWEET SIENNA. That’s the one pigment that has escaped me for many many years omg, I truly regret not getting it when it got released. Ah well.

Anyway LOL two jars of Blonde’s Gold hun!! If you ever run out, tell me and I’ll send you another piggie sample.

Hrm my fave pigments are Copperized, Melon, Teal and Blonde’s Gold ;D
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..The ultimate LUSH battle: Angels on Bare Skin vs Dark Angels =-.

LOL. I know, it’s so hard to swap for too!! People treat it like their firstborn or something LOL. I got really lucky this time. And sadly… I am kind of underwhelmed by it LOL…

& awww, teehee thanks! I doubt I’ll ever run out of any of these though. =)

11. OMG Great Swap! That’s awesome, everything looks great and you look awesome with it on! :)

And, I have tagged you for an award! You can check it out at my blog here: http://musicalhouses.blogspot.com/2010/01/first-award-7-things-tag-haute-mess.html
    .-= Musicalhouses´s last blog ..First Award: 7 Things Tag (Haute Mess) =-.

Hehe thanks!

And awww, thank you! :D

Sweet Siena is such a pretty colour! I like pigments when they are nicely pressed. Even then there’s still some flying all over the place -.-

The Tsuya Tsuya set did clump a little. That was the best that I could do even after combing my lashes =(
    .-= Blair´s last blog ..Tsuya Tsuya Angel Eyes Set =-.

Thanks! I think Sweet Sienna was so hyped up for me that it was actually a little underwhelming… but I’m hoping I’ll figure out some more ways to use it in the next few weeks. Actually, now that I think about it it’d probably make a gorgeous soft smokey eye color… And LOL. I think I’m just too lazy to press my piggies so I keep making excuses not to do it. I guess in the end I really don’t mind using them out of the small pigment jars. I have enough practice I don’t really make a mess anymore. :D

hehehe looks like your hair is getting a bit longer :)
    Love your pigments, I haven’t been using much pigments lately and I envy you to be able to play makeup! I just dont’ have the time recently :)

My hair is getting longer! I’m actually due for a cut on Sunday but the friend I usually go to hair appointments with is currently having car troubles so we’re putting it off for the time being lol.

& thank you. :D I just make 15 minutes every morning to do my makeup and I try to use a new combination every day. It helps me get centered and feel ready for taking on the rest of my day. =)

14. SUGARTOPPING says:

omg such nice things<3!
    you look gorgeous. i love the purple on you the best tho :)
    .-= SUGARTOPPING´s last blog ..second glance =-.

Hehe, thank you! :D And purple’s my favorite too hehehe. It seems to be just about everyone’s favorite – including my SO’s. :D

15. Anita C. says:

Nice swatches!! I like the purple on you best.. really makes your eyes “pop” for lack of a better word :D Great swap you got there :) xx

Thanks! Purple’s totally my favorite too. :D

16. Sarah says:

Ooh these all look so pretty! I have never had a pigment but I think I am missing out big time!!
    You look so beautiful!! Love the last look with the hint of purple so pretty!
    P.S. I have an award for you on my blog :)
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..Awards and Tags… =-.

Thank you! :D I really like pigments and I think they’re a LOT of fun to play with. I think the key is decanting them into smaller sample jars though, b/c the big jars are a little unwieldy and the full pigment jars are just a little ridiculous to work with (I totally understand how some people spill or get it all over the place). MAC’s are a bit hit or miss with the texture, but the hits are really hits!

And awwww, ty! :D

WOW! i love those pigments :) how pretty! i got some in my holiday swap and figured i don’t really know how to apply them, hahaa. i love the THREE fotd’s.. strawberry mochi is absolutely fantastic :)
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Merry Christmas! =-.

Heyyyyyy!!! And LOL. Just like regular eyeshadows? I just dip my brush into the piggie or brush around what’s on the lid and then apply to my lids like regular eyeshadows… except I’m a little more careful to stay “in the lines” with piggies since they’re usually a whole lot more shimmery and don’t blend out as matte-ly as pressed shadows. & hehe, thanks! :D

even though i’ve just recently gotten into MAC over the past year or so, I’ve never owned a pigment, lol. The shades you got look so pretty!

Thanks! Ooh, you should totally check them out! I think buying or swapping for samples is best though, since I can’t really imagine anyone actually using up a whole pigment ever LOL.

19. Vicki says:

Hey my dear! happy ny!! Love your new website :)
    Love these colours!! so glittery!
    .-= Vicki´s last blog ..FrostBITE… =-.

20. HT says:

Ack! I forgot about your new blog site. I’m so behind! I was sitting here like, wow… I haven’t seen anything of Catherine’s in a while. hahaha

I really like that first pic of you! the one with Sunnydaze, Museum Bronze, and Blonde’s Gold. So pretty and natural looking. I’ll have to check out that LM blush, too. It’s so pretty!

I do have actually quite a large pigment collection but since I’m usually so rushed in the mornings I hardly ever get to use them. :\ I guess that’s my biggest con about them, that they take time to use properly.

LOL, no worries hon. :D

& thank you! That’s definitely one of my favorite neutral combinations. & hehehe, Rose Bloom is my only pink blush right now, but it’s sooo pretty!! Glad you like it too. :D

And awww, I agree. Pigments do take time to use properly… but I try to pull them out every once in a while since they’re so pretty…

21. yumeko says:

i love buying pigments but i never get round to using them
    maybe i should press them XD

btw are u replying to all your comments here?
    so i know to check back haha
    .-= yumeko´s last blog ..Agnès b. le pain grillé & Random Beauty buys =-.

Heeheehee. Sometimes I think I should press mine too but I’m so lazy and I’m pretty sure some of them don’t have enough to press… and then I’d have to find a way to store them too LOL.

22. I used some loose pigments last month and it gets messy everytime you open the container but the glitter is really pretty *shrugs* maybe I just need to learn to use them better lol. I like the green ones on you a lot!
    .-= Pop Champagne´s last blog ..Champagne Style: "A Reality Show Nobody" Inspired =-.

I am sort of divided on loose eyeshadows. I really like most of my MAC pigments since they seem to behave better but my EDM loose shadows are such a PITA!! I think part of the problem is they come in cheap sample containers or the sifters help increase the amount of pigment that gets jammed near the lid because those jars are always overflowing and have powder all over the threads of the jar, etc.