Stash Week: Organization

Hi guys! Sorry for the brief absence – I’ve been feeling under the weather lately. But I’ve got a really exciting week of posts planned! Today at Strawberry Mochi we’re kicking off Stash Week! I’ll be showing off my entire makeup and nail polish stashes, and my tea stash as well! I just took and edited almost all the pictures yesterday.

My Vanity: Brushes, Face, Cheeks, Eyes Small Bookshelf: Lips, Backup, Nails

So first up, I just wanted to post my makeup organization/setup. I have a small vanity, which I positively adore, and a small bookshelf to hold all of my makeup, hair stuff and jewelry. Interestingly enough, the vanity was a Craigslist find and the bookshelf was given to me at the end of my freshman year by a roommate who didn’t want to lug it all the way back to NorCal LOL. These two pieces sit right next to my desk (which is not pictured, but on the other side of the bookshelf) in the bedroom. I like it a lot better than when I used to keep my makeup in the dressing area of the bathroom since the humidity from the shower doesn’t hinder my makeup application anymore and I get a good bit of natural light from the bedroom window. It’s also a *great* place for taking FOTDs because of that window, so it’s really easy for me to snap a few pictures right after I’ve done my makeup every day. :D

The Vanity Drawer: Face, Cheeks, Eye

And here’s all the stuff that I keep in my actual vanity drawer. It’s actually quite a bit smaller than the bathroom drawer my makeup used to live in before I got the vanity (back in May?)… but it works out ok.

I think I’ll be posting my nail polish collection next? That’s the only vote so far from Lulu when I asked on Twitter yesterday LOL. Comment and let me know what you’d like to see next! :D

Tags: ,

41 Responses to “Stash Week: Organization”

You are so organized! and I really adore your vanity! This is a good idea, I should snap pictures of my vanity and collection for posting too :p This is something interesting I noticed from ur vanity top…I also have my stuff stashed almost the same way as you…skincare in a plastic container on the left, then perfume, then brushes jars…w/ pretty blushes in between (for me it’s my JS blush cuz I can’t find any PJ Disney collection blushes…*cry*!)!!! In fact, the plastic container for skincare looks like mine! Is it from Daiso? That’s where I got mine :p

Hehehe, thank you! It definitely doesn’t always look like this. I usually try to clean up our apartment 1x a week though, and I always do my vanity first b/c it’s the most fun LOL. And ooooooh – I would love to see pictures of your vanity and collection!!! :D :D :D

And YES! I got like, all of my containers and separators at Daiso! :D

your vanity table is so cute! I don’t even have a table but hope to get one this year! Everything looks so neat and organized, my drawer cart (where I keep all my make up) looks like a tornado hit it!
    .-= amynaree´s last blog ..Love Package from Juli of Sanctuary Jewelry =-.

Hehe, thank you! It’s definitely not always like this, but I do love organizing my makeup area. It’s way more fun than cleaning/organizing anything else in the apartment LOL. Hope you find the perfect table for you! I can’t wait to see it! :D

3. blu3 says:

love your makeup area! i want a vanity table but don’t have space at my current place yet. yours is so organized! my stuff is everywhere now ever since moving, and I still haven’t figured out a permanent storage solution for them.
    .-= blu3´s last blog ..Flower Girl video =-.

Aww, thank you! And duuuuuude, I bet you could work something out! SO and I used to think there wasn’t enough room for me to have a smaller desk/for him to move his desk to the living room/for a reading space/for my vanity/etc and we actually made all of it happen!! It does require a bit of ingenuity and a lot of furniture moving, but it was so worth it! My vanity is like… barely a foot and a half by two feet.

Good luck with your organizing! :D

4. Jen says:

ahhh, I have that same vanity!!! <3<3<3
    .-= Jen´s last blog ..Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder Review =-.

ORLY?! It’s really cute, ne? I think it’s a tad on the small side… sometimes I wish I had a little more elbow-room so-to-speak, but it’s quite functional and pretty too. =)

5. innerchild says:

Your vanity is so cute, esp the mirror; so vintage. I hope to get my own vanity table soon for the apartment. I keep my makeup in a traincase, [almost] everything seems to fit in there haha I have a really small makeup collection. Your makeup is so organized and neat! :D

Aww, thank you. =) Originally I was just gonna be happy to find a small desk and mirror, but I really lucked out! I still think it’s a little small… but it’s basically all we had space for LOL.

6. Diane says:

Love your set up, my makeup collection is so unorganized right now it’s driving me crazy! Haha. Can’t wait to see your stash!
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Current Favorite Non MAC Blushes =-.

Hehe, thanks!! It’s definitely not always like this LOL. But whenever I clean I always organize my makeup first because it’s the most fun. :D

wow, I love how you organize your stuffs, I love the vanity mirror! :)
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..Nail Art Tutorial: "Dainty Taro" Nails =-.

Hehehe, thanks, Nikki. =) I was really lucky the mirror came with the vanity.

8. Eva says:

i love your vanity table its just the right size mine is huge
    .-= Eva´s last blog ..Christmas Gifts/Hauls =-.

Heeheehee, thanks! I actually think it’s a little too small! I would have loved if I could have gotten one twice the size, since I do find it a little awkwardly small sometimes… but we’re just so tight on space in our apt, this was the biggest one I could find that was still small enough, if that makes any sense.

9. Annie says:

whoa, you are soo organized….
    .-= Annie´s last blog ..Happy Holidays! =-.

LOL. Thank you! Whenever I feel compelled to start cleaning, I always clean my vanity and shelves first because it’s fun, unlike doing laundry or dishes LOL. Plus, the vanity’s so small I can’t really use it unless it’s all nice and organized. =)

10. My vote is for the tea stash! I love your vanity, I really want one like it because right now my makeup is just sitting on the bathroom counter, and the lighting’s not so great.
    .-= Makeupmorsels´s last blog ..Neutral Daytime EOTD =-.

Heeheehee. I have yet to take pictures though! I should have this morning but I’m procrastinating on organizing it! I have to find a small stool so I can even reach the back of the top shelf in the cupboard!

Re: the vanity, have you tried looking on Craigslist? I paid $30 for mine, mostly because I needed a very small one, but there are often a bunch of small desks and mirrors that people are trying to get rid of. I reallllly wanted one because the lighting in bathrooms is always pretty bad, I think, and I had the WORST problem getting even foundation application when my SO was using the shower!! The humidity made everything so sticky! D:

Makeupmorsels responds:

haha well no rush, I’m just really interested in seeing all the tea you have. It sounds intense :P

No, I haven’t looked there, but actually come to think of it I’ve got a small built in desk in my room that would make a nice vanity. I’ve just never used it because there’s probably eons of dust and junk piled up there (and I’m especially scared to look inside the drawers). But it’s facing a window, so it’d be a nice spot. I should get around to cleaning it someday. I really need one of those lighted prop-up mirros, though, because my current mirror is so far away from the edge of the counter I can’t really see what I’m doing :(
    .-= Makeupmorsels´s last blog ..Neutral Daytime EOTD =-.

11. PetSugar says:

lol yes yes post your nail polish stash. i should post my cuuute stationary and sticker stashesss
    .-= PetSugar´s last blog ..Photographer Chai Mungcal – "Now Turn Your Head to the Cute" =-.

Hehehehe, ok. I think we have a winner for tomorrow’s post.

And OMG. I would love to see your stationery and sticker stashes!!!! I have a pretty large stationery stash myself but it’s sooooo unorganized right now. ;_;

12. adin says:

I love your vanity…I wish I have my own vanity….unlike right now that I have to share it with my hubby…though I get to use most space but still….and you’re so organized…please do post your nail polish collection….

xo,
    Nic

Thanks! Yea, SO and I share our bathroom vanity & it was always a pain to try and do my makeup there in the morning in addition to regular things like teeth brushing and such (though mostly b/c of lighting & humidity from the shower – we had so many arguments over closing the bathroom door, etc LOL).

13. ect says:

I love itttt! You’re so organized! That vanity is super cute too<3 Makes me want to re-organize my mess XD
    .-= ect´s last blog ..Classes tomorrow… =-.

LOL. And you did!!

Everything’s so neatly organized!!! I like your vanity! I can’t wait for the post where you post your stash up ;D

Ahh, don’t worry about it, I’m a wimp with falsies and liquid liners too hahaa~
    .-= Blair´s last blog ..Dolly Wink =-.

Hehehe thank you! :D

YES to the nail polish collection, you know I want to see em colors girlll! XD~

Anyway omg you are so good at organizing your make-up! I’m completely hopeless, Cat. As hard as I try to place everything back where they belong, everything just gets jumbled up in a week or so. Btw I am completely and utterly in love with your vanity! I’m amused that it was from Craigslist lmao, good find!
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..SILK WHITIA Masks Sale! =-.

Ok, ok, nail polish first! LOL.

And hahahaha – at least my OCD comes in handy SOMEWHERE right? My stuff totally gets jumbled around throughout the week too! I just try and put everything back by Sunday night so I have freshly washed brushes and everything in its place to start off Monday with. I’m a little crazy lol…

16. Mona says:

seriously you’re so neat!!

Thanks!

17. you got so much nail polish! and hehe i spot the eki pouch :D ohh yes lets see your nail collection!
    .-= Pop Champagne´s last blog ..Taylor Momsen looking hot in Cosmopolitan =-.

I do have a whole ton of polish lol. That’s not even all of it!

You are so organized!!! I’m VERY jealous! I’ve been having to DIG through the pile of stuff in my drawer! ARGH need to get those tiny organizer thingies.
    .-= ndoodles´s last blog ..Speak up. Shy Ronnie, speak up. =-.

Hehehe, thanks! And aww, you need to get yourself some drawer dividers or something. I was cheap and just used some random cardboard boxes I had and then got a few extra plastic ones at Daiso but it totally makes a HUGE difference in how neatly you can organize a drawer!

Ok wth this is so strange, I actually commented on this entry last night but now the comment’s not showing up at all D: That’s so strange!

YES to the nail polishes! You know I want to see em girlll! XD

Anyway, omg you are so neat and organized! I actually liked how you arranged everything, I think I’ve kinda given up on organizing my stash lol because it’s going to get jumbled up and messy within a week of cleaning-up :/ I am in love with your vanity, it is gorgeous and I’m terribly amused that you found it on Craigslist of all places lol.

And ooh I see the lil pink pigment container I gave you in the drawer ;)

I hope you’re feeling better hun? Sorry I’ve not been talking to you these days, I’ve been so busy! Talk to you soon <3
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..SILK WHITIA Masks Sale! =-.

20. Hope you feel better soon, Cat! *hugs* You have such a beautiful vanity. I soo want one someday. Plus your stuff is so organized. :) Would love to see your skincare stash next!

Awww, you’re so sweet Lisa! Thanks!! I hope you get your own vanity soon!!

And oooh hehehe. I didn’t even think to take pictures of my skincare stash… that will be a WIP. =)

hehee, i remember when you finally got your vanity! glad to see it’s being put to good use :)
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Rimmel 002 and Kate/MM comparison =-.