Stash Week: Eyes

By popular vote, Stash Week continues with eye stuff today! So, here’s all my eyeshadows, loose and pressed, and liners. I only have one mascara, so I took a picture of that with what I call my “base” stuff.

Pressed Eyeshadows: Single, Doubles & Palettes

Hahaha, that’s right. I only have one single pressed eyeshadow. I love eyeshadow palettes, and I like eyeshadow palettes that are small in size. The UD Deluxe palette is honestly a little bit of a pain for me to store. I kind of wish it were the size of the Kat von D for Sephora palettes which are quite efficient in their use of space. Anyway, they are (clockwise from the very bottom left): Paul & Joe Face Color N 058, Joe Fresh Gold Rush, L’Oreal H.I.P. Sassy Duo, The Body Shop Shimmer Cubes 06, Indulge matte brights, Majolica Majorca BR742, MAC Spiced Chocolate, Shu Uemura Fleur de Source, MAC for Hello Kitty Lucky Tom, Urban Decay Deluxe, Urban Decay Get Baked, Kat von D for Sephora Beethoven, and Kat von D for Sephora Ludwig.

Eyeliners: Pencil & Felt-Tip

And here are all my liners. After wearing eyeliner for a little over a year, I still haven’t really graduated from only wearing pencil liners. They’re the easiest to use, and in my opinion, still really the only ones I need. I only ever line the outer 1/2 of my bottom lashline because my upper lids are so uneven and I am too lazy to figure out some way to make it work. From top to bottom: Prestige WP Surf, Granite, Suede, Payday, Becca Line & Illuminate Madagascar, Urban Decay Stash, Bourbon, and Joe Fresh Felt Tip Liquid Liner.

Eyeshadows: Loose Mineral

I admit this isn’t the greatest picture ever, it was more of an afterthought, but this is my collection of Everyday Minerals loose eyeshadow samples. There are a few loose blushes and foundation samples and correctors still in there as well, the later two of which I use to adjust my foundation shade with.

Eyeshadows: MAC Pigments

And lastly, here are all of my MAC Pigments. Most of them are already labeled there. The vials belong to the MAC Holiday 2009 5 Haute Hijinks set. The unlabeled containers contain (top to bottom, left to right) Blonde’s Gold, Kitschmas, Melon, Mutiny and Cocomotion. I’ve also done looks with Vintage Gold, Circa Plum, Sunnydaze, Sweet Sienna and Golden Olive.

Thanks for looking! I guess I’ll do cheeks next, and then lips?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

30 Responses to “Stash Week: Eyes”

love your collection! i sort of want to get more palettes, haha, they’re so much easier to store. the KvD palettes look super pretty! can’t wait to see the rest of your collection :3

Thanks! I definitely think palettes are where it’s at. I think I used to have a couple single shadows (besides that Joe Fresh one which I use as my default brow highlight) and I just never used them! I even use different colors from different palettes in the same look but if it’s not in a palette I’ll just forget about it. I think my OCD also likes all the colors together LOL. I think the KvD palettes are AWESOME. Have you seen the new one?? It just popped up on Sephora but it’s not available for sale yet. I can’t wait to swatch it teehee.

2. pretty! The Urban Decay palette has gorgeous colors, but I agree that it would be even better if they streamlined the packaging. I’m thinking of getting more Prestige Liners, what’s your favorite out of the bunch? (besides Granite, since I already have that)
    .-= Makeupmorsels´s last blog ..Moving Day =-.

Thanks! Yea. I have a lot of beef with the UD Deluxe packaging. The fuzzy velvet drives me kind of mad too b/c everything sticks to it. ;_;

Oh I looooove the Prestige liners. I wish they had more of a color selection though! And LOL. Granite is totally my all-time favorite liner. You can totally tell too because it’s just *that* much shorter than the others. I also really love Surf for any blue/purple/smoky looks. Payday is ok. It doesn’t last on me quite as long as the others and for green/gold looks I actually prefer UD Stash most of the time. And… don’t get Suede. It’s so boring I just never reach for it. I think Charcoal Brown would have been a better choice for me but I think that’s pretty much identical to UD Bourbon (mine came in the Get Baked palette) so there’s no reason for me to get it now.

great collection!! i wish ud palettes were more small and compact too! but they are still awesome nonetheless

right now i’m getting into pigments so they are slowly growing!! i really need to find a good storage for them :) thanks for sharing
    .-= amynaree´s last blog ..Review: Revlon PhotoReady Foundation and Makeup Remover Towelettes =-.

Thanks! & ITA!

If you figure out a good way to store your pigments let me know! I’m still trying to figure out what to do with mine LOL.

wow..that’s a nice stash! I have been neglecting my pigments lately, actually I’ve been neglecting eye makeup overall lately! I guess I’m more enjoying makeup on other people than myself :)
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..Contest Alert: Kotex Luxe No Compromise! =-.

Thanks! Aww, you should use your eyeshadows! How is it going though? I’d love to see some updates on your work! :D

Man I should totally do an eyeshadow stash post some time too. The Shu Uemura palette you have is extremely pretty! I love the first two colors especially ;D

Anyway YAY EYELINERS, I can’t get enough of them. I’ve not tried Prestige yet though, we don’t have it here but I’ve seen some in Melbourne so that would probably one of the first few purchases I’ll make when I move there eventually ;D
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..SILK WHITIA Masks Sale! =-.

Dude, you totally should!! & thanks! I really love that one – it was a total steal at 40% off when I got it too. I wanted the Rose one too but it was already sold out by then. ;_; Here’s a whole set of FOTDs I did with the Fleur de Source palette though: http://www.strawberrymochi.com/2009/10/31/a-few-fleur-de-source-fotds/

And hehehe. I actually feel like I have a large collection of eyeliners for someone who only ever uses them on the outer 1/3 of her bottom lashline. You should totally try the Prestige ones though! They’re awesome. I’m not sure whether or not the WP ones I have are discontinued or not… but the new Total Intensity ones are supposed to be totally awesome too. Granite is still my favorite eyeliner of all time though.

6. Eva says:

ooooh awesome stash!! i loooove eye makeup!! i really want KvD and UD palettes they look really pretty
    .-= Eva´s last blog ..Imomoko order + more =-.

Thanks! Hehe, I think eye makeup is probably my favorite too. :D And duuuuude, get yourself some KvD palettes! They are just freaking awesome. Sadly, tbh I’m not nearly as impressed with the UD palettes as I thought I would be. I think maybe they were a little too hyped up for me. A few of the brights really don’t last on my lid nearly as well as I thought they should, even with my normal base & everything… I’ll be reviewing both the UD palettes early next week.

7. Denysia says:

Cool collection! I like how everything is in order! I only put my eyeshadow palettes, single eyeshadows and other items together! :D
    .-= Denysia´s last blog ..Weekend fun with shopping! =-.

Thanks! And lol. My OCD is useful for something. =D

8. Wow, you have a sweet collection Cat! That is a lot of loose mineral e/s you got there. =)
    .-= Shop N’ Chomp´s last blog ..Pressies + Hauls =-.

Thanks!! And yeaaaa… I actually started out with the loose mineral eyeshadow. It’s sad too, because I probably haven’t touched them really since I got my first pressed eyeshadows and UDPP. I’ve been meaning to dig them out again but these stupid jars are just sooooo messy. I wanted to press them over Winter Break but I never got a change. Definitely have to get on that!

9. Nic says:

wow…u have a lot of loose e/s…I don’t have a single one….I guess I need to get more e/s cuz’ I don’t have a decent palette…I really want the MAC Spiced Chocolate…BTW, I can’t wait for your cheeks post…

I do have a ridiculous amount of loose eyeshadow. My first eyeshadows were actually a huge sampler of the EDMs, which I still have and then I just sort of collected a few every time I made another order for foundation or brushes or stuff. Sadly, I probably haven’t touched them since before LAST January!! I really ought to give them another go, especially since I have proper bases and brushes and all that now LOL. I only recently got into MAC pigments and discovered I really like loose shadows. Not everyone does though.

And OMG. I wanted Spiced Chocolate for aaaaages. I am really lucky to have found it. Good luck on your search!!

Love your collection :) it’s got all the essentials, and ur shadow collection is nice and concise! I need to get more palettes in the future because they take way less space — eyeing on the UD alice in wonderland one right now :p
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..[Catching Up] Hauls! =-.

Hehe, thanks!! I like to think so too!! Maybe my perspective has been warped by spending too much time on MakeupAlley, but I rather view myself as having a small-to-medium stash? I think I have a well-edited collection. I don’t have a ton of stuff, but I use almost everything I have (I’m planning on digging out my loose shadows again, I admit haven’t tried the Indulge palette just yet, and I hang onto the MAC Lucky Tom Palette and the P&J duo for their collectible value) and I have a lot of very versatile items.

And ooooooooh. If you get it, please swatch it?! I won’t be getting it because I think I already have all the interesting colors (or close enough) from it from the Deluxe and Get Baked palettes… but I do admit I was so sorely tempted. It looks soooooo pretty!

Lulu responds:

sure thing :) I def. want to consider getting one because I’ve never had an UD palette before at all! (and have never used their shadows), and since this one looked so pretty, I think it could be a start for me :)
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..[Catching Up] Hauls! =-.

11. elle says:

cant wait for ya cheeks & lips stash! gr8 post, i wanna do this too! then i’ll print it out and paste them on the walls/mirror to plan what colors, before i take the whole stash out and make a mess on me table lol!

xoxo elle

Oh please do!!!! I hope I see a whole ton more stash posts on everyone’s blogs after this! I think it’s so fun to see what everyone else has and uses. :D

And you know what? That’s a great idea!! In fact, I should really get on making that inspiration board I didn’t get a chance to make over winter break…!

12. cha says:

hi! your eye stash is so nice!! :) i haven’t tried any mac pigments yet but they look so promising :)
    i’ll stay tuned for more stash pictures. xoxoxo

Aww, thank you. :D

I’ve only recently gotten into MAC pigments and they are really hit-or-miss texture-wise, but the hits are realllly hits! :D

13. evie says:

i love your stash posts!!! and all the palettes looks good!!!!

ooh for me i’m still hovering between liquid and pencil i’m not sure which is nicer! XD
    .-= evie´s last blog ..a short update~ =-.

Thanks! I do love my palettes. :D

Oooh, which liquid ones do you like? I haven’t tried any yet! Too chicken lol….

14. jojoba says:

You have some very nice eye shadows, especiallty Kat Von D’s! SMART! :P

Thank you! They’re some of my favorite but I haven’t worn them recently. Will definitely have to remedy that in the next few days. I think they’re so much nicer than the UD shadows, to be honest!!

15. I love UD shadows but the palettes are so bulky I don’t buy them. The exception is the Book of Shadows because it’s cardboard and I tore all the shadows out and put magnets on them and now they are in a mac palette! Your stash is pretty awesome though. I’m the same as you about liners. I only have 2 liquid ones – a black and a bright teal, and a couple of gel pots.
    .-= scarlettholly´s last blog ..Elf Haul Part 1: The Brushes =-.