Stash Week: Face & Cheeks

Hi guys! Stash Week continues today with Face & Cheeks. By face and cheek products, I mean blush, highlighter and bronzer. I’ll be featuring what I consider my “base” makeup (you know, all the boring stuff that actually makes everything work like foundation and eye primer and brow powder, etc) another day. I think my face and cheek products are the smallest category of my stash, but it’s definitely a well-loved and what I like to call a “well-edited” collection. Hope you enjoy looking. =)

(The first picture in each set showing packaging is captioned with what the products’ official names are. The second picture showing the contents is captioned with what I usually refer to each product as on this blog. Click on the name of each linked item in the paragraph text to see it in a look I did previously. And remember, all pictures are enlarge-able!)

Paul & Joe Disney Blush 002 Flower, MAC Mineralize Blush in Nuance, Laura Mercier Mineral Cheek Tint in Apricot
Laura Mercier Cheek Color in Nectar, Second Skin Cheek Color in Orange Blossom, and Rose Bloom

So, I think I have a rather surprisingly small collection of blush considering that I love blush so much. If I could only wear one item of makeup, I think it’d actually be blush!! (Though mascara and eyebrow powder are close contenders.) I love all of my blushes – that’s why they’re all still here after my recent purge & reorganizing – but if I had to choose a favorite I’d probably say LM Nectar. It gives me such a beautiful, natural lit-from-within glow even though it’s matte!! The differences in my peachy blushes are less subtle on the face than in the pan here (at least I think so). Nuance is the most apricot/gold and has the most noticeable shimmer. Nectar is a very nude peach on my skin. Orange Blossom is a good deal pinker than either Nuance or Nectar and sheerer, as well. Apricot is in a totally different ball-game, much pinker than Nectar, and I would describe it as a very light coral. It’s matte but also shares the same lit-from-within glow Nectar does. Rose Bloom is a gorgeous medium pink with the same finely milled lit-from-within glow. P&J 002 Flower is subtly shimmer and a good deal warmer and brighter than Rose Bloom.

MAC Nuance, LM Nectar, LM Orange Blossom
P&J Disney 002 Flower, LM Apricot and LM Rose Bloom

I’m actually definitely in the midst of growing my blush collection right now, and especially focusing on pink, coral and berry blushes. As you guys can see, I’m definitely well covered in the peach/peachy-pink category but the P&J Disney 002 and LM Rose Bloom are my only real pinks and even then 002 Flower is definitely on the warm peachy side. I’m thinking some NARS, yea? Any recs for me? :D

MAC High-light Powder in Golden Nectar, MAC for Hello Kitty Beauty Powder in Tahitian Sand,
Paul & Joe Pressed Powder 04 Mauve
Tsumori Chisato for Shu Uemura Duo Highlighter in Golden Snow, Sephora Highlighting Bronzing Powder,
Cargo Plantlove 100% Natural Origins Blush in Peony (deluxe sample)

And here are all my all-over face powders. I only have one bronzer!! I don’t even reach for Golden Nectar very much anymore, which makes me a little sad and a little confused because I used to love my bronzer. I think I grew a little disillusioned since I found out BE Warmth was breaking me out and I’ve never found something I liked as much as it. The rest of my powders are largely highlighters. MAC HK Tahitian Sand is the most subtle and gives the most gorgeous all-over soft-glow. The Tsumori Chisato highlighter is next, where it’s more noticeably glowy. This one is probably my favorite for everyday. I sweep a little all over my face and then concentrate a bit of the gold on my cheeks. The P&J 04 is the most noticeable and I usually reserve it for special events since it is easy to overapply for daytime. The Sephora and Cargo I use exclusively as cheekbone highlighters because they are really shimmery, in fact a little frosty, and not quite as fine-milled as the others.

MAC Golden Nectar, MAC HK Tahitian Sand, P&J 04
the Tsumori Chisato highlighter, Sephora Highlighting Bronzer, Cargo Plantlove Peony

I want to say I’m set on highlighters for now… but I am always really attracted to highlighting powders for some reason. I had a good number more than this a few months ago before I decided to pare down my stash. Still, any must-have shimmer powders? Or good bronzer recommendations for an NC30?

Hope you enjoyed looking! I’ll continue with lippies tomorrow! :D

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

31 Responses to “Stash Week: Face & Cheeks”

1. These all look so pretty! The Tsumori Chisato packaging always makes me smile. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing the lippies.
    .-= Makeupmorsels´s last blog ..My Stash =-.

Thanks! I do adore the Tsumori Chisato packaging. It always makes me smile too. :D

Makeupmorsels responds:

oh also, forgot to say before I took some pictures of my stash and put them up :) haven’t moved it yet but soon!
    .-= Makeupmorsels´s last blog ..My Stash =-.

2. HT says:

Blush and lipstick are my favorites, though if I had to choose just one I’d say blush. I love that P&J Disney blush. I’m dying to try it!

Yay! Blush is awesome!! Though man… I love lipstick so much too lol. I think I just love everything about equally teeheehee. Good luck finding the P&J blush!! There are still a few up for swap out there. I was really lucky to find mine!

nice collection! i’m the total opposite because I have way too much pinky colors and not enough peachy ones :) i recommend trying out cargo, nars, and supposedly illamasqua is suppose to be really good too! I also really like asian brand blushes like ones from majolica and canmake. For a cheap sheer shimmer bronzer I’m actually loving the bonnebell glimmer bronzer one right now, it gives my face a nice warmth color during winter.

I think I would pick blush too if I had to only wear one thing!
    .-= amynaree´s last blog ..My Current Loves and Obsessions =-.

Thanks! And LOL. I don’t know what attracts me to pinks so much!! I finally gave up Dainty as I just didn’t like the finish on my cheeks even though everyone seemed to like it a lot better than Nuance (back when those were my only two blushes). I think peachy ones just look more natural on me?

And dude! I was so, so tempted to get a few Cargo BeachBlushes, but now they’re all sold out! I am really interested in NARS though, and Canmake actually since they’re so cute. And ooooh. I’ve never really looked at BonneBell makeup but that sounds so cute! Thanks!

4. I’m loving your series!

For NARs blushes, check out Sin or Dolce Vita :-)
    I’m sad — I have lost my MAC Golden Nectar and I can’t for the life of me figure out where it would have gone. aargh. LOL.

Thanks! It’s a fun series. I hope I see more of my blogger ladies showing off their stashes too! *wink wink*

Sin and Dolce Vita seem to be universally loved. I’ll have to swatch them again. I’ve currently got my eye on Taos and Outlaw, but I admit I’ve never tried any of them on so I have no idea what they actually look like on skin lol.

And awwww. I hope you find it! I don’t reach for it often, but I do love it. The finish is super gorgeous.

I LOVE BLUSH! I’ve never tried anything from Laura Mercier, the brand is a wee bit overpriced here unfortunately. I think you’ve got a good collection there, you’re almost set for life rofl…except you need a NARS blush! I think Sin would be a great berry for you so you should consider it, I’ll put up swatches when I have the time. I feel a lil mean for ignoring my NARS blushes but they’re so pretty I can’t bear to use them x_x
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..Make yer own cheap furikake! =-.

Dude… I *adore* Laura Mercier. You’ll see tomorrow too. It really sucks that they’re overpriced where you are but it seems like different brands are sooooo overpriced outside their main markets. It makes me really sad. ;_;

And LOL. I know! That’s what everyone keeps saying – I need a NARS blush LOL. I actually really adore the LM ones though. They are seriously like, perfect. Decently pigmented so I don’t have to layer, but not so pigmented I have to be careful – so easy to use, and sooooo silky. But I will have to try a NARS blush before I can make my final conclusion (and… I am eyeing a few Diors too). I’d love to see a swatch or FOTD of you wearing Sin!! You & everyone else keep raving about it but it’s a little uninspiring in the pan (or maybe it’s just those stupid yellow Sephora lights). =P

6. Diane says:

Great collection Catherine! I’ve never owned any Laura Mercier blushes and now you’re making me want to try the Nectar and the Orange Blossom one. Love the P&J Flower blush, one of my favorites, too cute!
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..Blush Collection Request =-.

Thanks!! Ohhhhh, you should totally try some of the Laura Merciers – they’re so wearable! I really think they are fantastic. I’ve sort of quietly collected a ton of them without really having done a review. I’m planning on writing a more in-depth review on them soon, but I think they are just perfect. I should have mentioned though – Nectar is actually one in her old blush formula which was discontinued. If you want to find it there are still several up for swap on MUA though. I’ve actually considered swapping for a backup multiple times because I love it so much lol. Orange Blossom is gorgeous too. It’s probably my favorite layering blush and it looks good on top of just about anything. =)

& yay P&J Disney blushes. I am so jealous of your Bambi!! I feel so incredibly lucky to have swapped for Flower but I’m still kicking myself at not buying both when I had the chance!!

7. victoria says:

great stash! i love the hello kitty mac collectio ntoo bad i missed out. i don’t wanna buy from e-bay though-expensive! *dies* and the Tsumori Chisato packaging-ADORABLE!! i love lil’ kitties(:

Thanks! Awww, yea. MAC for Hello Kitty was the first real MAC launch I was super excited for since I just got into makeup the Christmas before. Have you tried swapping on MUA or do you have a CCO nearby? I hear every now and then some MAC HK pops up. And hehehe, I do love my Tsumori Chisato for Shu. ♥

8. Lorelle says:

I loove your blushes! I really love liners and blushes, yet I don’t own a single blush! Except for a lip butter that doubles as a cheek tint, but I don’t count that one. :3 I just swatch a bunch of blushes in store and admire up close and personal. xD I’ve been eyeing the Mac blush in Melba lately and the Cargo blushes look very convincing to me!
    .-= Lorelle´s last blog ..Guess I left my world in somebody’s hands. ! =-.

Thanks! And oh dude!!! You gotta get yourself some blush!! Have you tried MAC Blushbaby or Sincere? Sincere was actually my first blush (unfortunately it seems I’m slightly allergic to their formula so I swapped it away) but it’s a lovely color that I think looks very natural on a lot of skintones. Blushbaby is super popular too. You should totally try and get one of the Cargo blushes if you can though! My local Sephora totally sold out before I could get any, lol. I’ve been eyeing the BeachBlushes forever!

9. freshelle says:

the p&J disney blush is soo cute && cargo definitely makes great blushes! never tried LM blushes, but this post is definitely tempting me to try! haha
    .-= freshelle´s last blog ..Sasa and Surprise Package =-.

Hehe, thanks! And aaaah. I am so sad I didn’t get to check out the Cargo blushes before they sold out! I’ve been secretly eyeing the BeachBlushes for forever! I simply adore my LM blushes though. I’ll do a full review on them soon I promise! :D

10. OMG I loved this post! I have a confession.. I too am addicted to blushes!! I have more blushes than I do anything else (not even my eye shadows or lippies come close). And I really like peach-coloured blushes too. I really like the looks of the MAC Tahitian Sand as well as the LM Nectar. Thanks so much for sharing!! :D xx
    .-= Anita (*swtexcape*)´s last blog ..My Favourite Hair Fixer Uppers for Drab Hair.. to FAB Hair =-.

Hehehe, thanks! And OMG I would love to see your collection!!!!! Pretty please???

I totally adore my peach blushes. I am just really attracted to peaches lol. I have to convince myself not to buy more of them every time I go makeup shopping. LM Nectar is really pretty and I wear it a lot. MAC Tahitian Sand honestly doesn’t have much color at all, but it gives you just this beautiful soft-focus effect like airbrushing. The first time I put it on I was really unimpressed with it (I basically just bought it for the compact mirror LOL) until I walked back in front of the mirror and I seriously did a double-take because it made my skin look so flawless!

you have some awesome blush and face/cheek products :) a few of which I’ve been lemming too! I think if u want to try NARS, start w/ orgasm, i’ve been using that lately on the side of my cheeks (not on apples) and it looked really nice! for bronzer i rec laguna (from NARS), it’s my fav bronzer color so far because all the others i’ve tried were too red/brown on me, but laguna is just right…I duno what I am in MAC though…I am guessing NC30 or 35ish? I should get that figured out soon huh? cuz most ppl seem to refer to skintones by mac colors. :)

I read on ur tweet about how busy ur day has been :( hope you get some rest tonight hun!! *hug hug*
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..[Catching Up] Hauls! =-.

Thanks! LOL. I really want to try NARS but I feel like I shouldn’t start with Orgasm because I already have so many colors like it! LM Orange Blossom is supposed to be almost exactly like it actually and I’ve heard a lot of people say they actually like Orange Blossom better since the shimmer is much more subtle. I’ll definitely check out Laguna though… and who knows, maybe I’ll take a look at the Orgasm/Laguna duo. =) And hahaha, it just seems that so many bloggers and people on MUA use MAC’s foundation range as the benchmark by which all other brands are compared that it’s kind of become standard, you know?

& thank you! I think I’m going to put off my last application ’till tomorrow. I’m pooped and my shoulders are killing me from being hunched over the computer for like 20+ hours straight. Ugh. ;_;

12. adin says:

Nice blog collection…..Obviously I’m a blush addict as I have been requesting a blush post from your previous posts….I only have one Laura Mercier blush & it was the one with a bronzer with it..but I broke it without even having to try it yet..I try fixing it but still it’s not the same…cuz’ I have to mixed both colors….sad…well enough of my tragic blush story…hehe….P&J blush will always be in my wishlist….though I know it’s a limited edition….BTW, How do u use your tahitian sand? like do u just use it to highlight cheekbones or all over your face???def…try Nars Orgasm….

Thanks! LOL. I’d love to see your blush collection!

Aww, so sorry to hear about your LM blush. I’ve been eyeing that one actually. The coral part looks so pretty. Good luck finding the P&J – you gotta keep up the hope!!

Tahitian Sand actually has barely any color to it at all. It’s not noticeable on my skin though I guess some super pale ladies can actually use it as a light blush. Mostly, I apply it all over with a skunk brush since it gives this really beautiful soft-focus effect. The first time I tried it I was totally unimpressed (I basically bought it because I wanted the HK compact LOL) but then when I walked back in front of the mirror I totally did a double-take because I noticed it made my skin look sooooooo flawless!

adin/nic responds:

I’ll surely make a post about it…If I get the chance to….though it’s nothing fancy…

yeah , I know so sad….but I still have it…& used it a few times & it still works but I think I put too much alcohol on it cuz’ it’s a bit hard..not powdery anymore but I can still get some colors…hehe

I own a tahitian sand but haven’t tried it yet…been on my stash for a long time & it’s still on the box…so I was just wondering how to use it…thanks for the info…gonna try it….

13. What a FANTASTIC collection! You have me droooooooling! Thanks for sharing!
    .-= Jamilla Camel´s last blog ..Saving Your Hands in Winter =-.

Heeheehee, thanks!! I’d love to see your collection too Jamilla!!! :D :D :D

14. Cat, I love your genius way of displaying your collection! I have a small blush collection too and hope to expand…hehe. You have a fabulous collection of face & cheek products! Looking forward to your lippie stash, babe. :D

Awww, thank you! I just… kinda put everything out on my vanity and snapped pictures. Oooh, I’d love to see your blush collection too! What products are you looking to add to it? If you haven’t tried the LM blushes yet, I do highly recommend them! :D

i do love my laura mercier shimmer bloc blush :D it’s very pretty to look at. man, i need to look into getting matte blushes!
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Rimmel 002 and Kate/MM comparison =-.