NOTW: Paul & Joe #27

Paul & Joe #27, two coats

Hi guys – here’s last week’s NOTD. I received P&J 27 recently from my swap with Ilyana. I actually wanted to wear this for NYE, but then decided it wasn’t quite blingy enough. It’s a really pretty bronze-gold with silver sparkles. In real life the sparkles are not as apparent. P&J nailpolishes are really interesting in that they smell heavily of powder and flowers. I wouldn’t necessarily say that it’s an enjoyable fragrance, but I guess it’s a nice touch. The formula is nice and smooth and opaque in two coats. What I found notable about the formula is that it’s almost rubbery while it dries instead of sludgy like most polishes. Unfortunately, even with Orly Bonder and SV, this chipped pretty badly on me by Thursday so I took it off then. I think I might be wearing this for my graduate school interviews next month though. It’s interesting enough for me to like wearing it, but it’s also subtle and understated.

Hope everyone’s having a fantastic weekend! SO and I are going out to watch Sherlock Holmes tonight! :D

Tags:

38 Responses to “NOTW: Paul & Joe #27”

Oooh that’s pretty! It’s a pity it chipped though! Did you try a top coat?

Wow, a nail polish that smells like flowers and powder. I *love* P&J’s loose powder because it smells like flowers and powder. xD

Good luck with graduate interview prep! Hope your shoulder troubles are better now! Maybe you should swim? Apparently it’s really good for back/shoulders/neck?

Hope you enjoyed Sherlock Holmes!

Thanks! Yea, I wore Seche Vite on top of it, just like always… but I’m thinking I might layer topcoats next time. I didn’t think much of it at first, but I’m pretty sure the reason my regular manis (especially the ones with the gems) last longer is because I usually do a coat of glitter and then seal the gems or sequins with a regular top coat before Seche Vite.

It really does smell like flowers and powder!! I almost caved on the P&J loose powder recently but I didn’t end up getting it because I still have so much of my EDM powder. I love the packaging though – it looks so amazing!

& thank you!! The shoulders (yes both of them T_T; – I actually get muscle spasms frequently in the left shoulder, but at least it doesn’t swell up like a sprain, and it usually only lasts a day or two) are still acting up throughout the day but I’m hoping it’ll be all the way gone soon. I’ve thought about taking up swimming many many times, but I never seem to get around to it… lol. I decided to start running a couple weeks ago since that helps build up the back and shoulder muscles too, but then my cold interrupted. Hoping to get back to it soon… =/

& I loved the movie! A little contrived at times, but overall very entertaining. :D

It’s such a pretty subtle colour! It’s a pity that it doesn’t last long on your nails =(
    .-= Blair´s last blog ..Maybelline Color Sensational Pink Please =-.

Thanks! I know… ;_; I’m going to try it with a different top coat next time and see if it helps.

3. Denysia says:

I have one paul & joe nail polish. I wear it when I go to work, because they don’t allow us to have nail polish at work, and the color is so subtle, you can barely see it, unless you look closely.
    .-= Denysia´s last blog ..Maybelline Eyestudio application =-.

Ooh, which one is that? I have 02 and it’s also very, very subtle. I have to find a nice cream to wear it over though, since I don’t like my visible nail line showing.

4. Eva says:

pretty nails!! let me know what you think of sherlock holmes…i didn’t really get it…probably cause i wasn’t really paying full attention lol!
    .-= Eva´s last blog ..Lancome Eye Pencil Review =-.

Thanks!

& awww LOL. I loved it! I admit it was a bit contrived at points, but overall I found it very entertaining. I can’t wait until the next one’s out. :D

5. Kayla says:

I don’t normally wear nail polish but I would probably wear this one, my kind of sparkle.

PS. You have literally perfect nails; I’m jealous. Do want.

It is a fun one. & aww, thanks!

Very pretty color! Gosh I am starting to really like P&J stuff now, I know we’ve said this a million times already, but can’t for for the soft surroundings stuff to get to us!!! :) And this NP bottle is just too adorable!

Hope the movie was good :)
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..[Catching Up] Presents & Prizes! =-.

Thanks! I only have a few P&J items but I really enjoy them. I so wish there were a place that carries the line near me so I can go play with everything! I hate buying blind, but the packaging is so darned cute and I’ve only heard raves.

& thanks! I really enjoyed the movie. :D

7. Diane says:

Love this color, I think it’s “blingy” haha =)

Have you heard P&J is releasing 4 new nail polish colors this spring!
    .-= Diane´s last blog ..CHANEL Poudre Cristalline Powder =-.

Hehehe, thanks! I admit I’m a little obsessed with sparkly nail polish.

And ooh, I actually didn’t know that! Thanks for letting me know! :D

8. Lisa says:

Oh! This is such a pretty color. Too bad it chipped. Never knew nail polish could smell like flowers lol.

Anyways, I hope you do great with interviews. Will be looking forward to hearing some good news from you girl :)
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..The raindrops keep falling! =-.

Thanks! I know, I was definitely caught off guard when I first opened the bottle lol.

& thanks!! I’m pretty nervous but hoping it’ll turn out ok since I’ve made it this far…

Oh… #27 is such a beautiful color! I don’t know why, but it still reminds me of Chanel Trapèze for some reason. I think. it’s the shine and sparkles in it that looks similar. Wanna get my hands on this nail polish too, seeing how awesome it looks on you, Catherine! ♥
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..Scuba TV =-.

Thanks! And lol, really? Trapèze was much lighter and white/silvery, like platinum, when I swatched it. I want to see a NOTD from you with Trapèze!! I kind of regret letting it go LOL.

Jess responds:

Not similar in color, but something makes me feel like this, haha… :p
    I’ve already swatched it here:
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..F O T D : Soft Peach Look with Coffret D’or Jewelcious Eyes 04 + Flower Ring from Shanghainese Dumpling =-.

OH LOL! I totally forgot about that! Hmm… wait until I wear P&J 02. I think that one’s more similar. =)

Ooh – Sherlock Holmes! Def. a good movie to see. I think that’s a pretty color! Very nice neutral color for the summer I feel. I don’t know – when I think of bronzy I think SUMMER! I hope you had a great weekend also.
    .-= ndoodles´s last blog ..Sales Are Just Marvelous! =-.

I really enjoyed the movie! It was very entertaining. :D

& thanks! It is a pretty summer color. =) I don’t really wear colors by season, except that I feel weird wearing vamps in spring/summer.

11. ooh I love your nails. I actually don’t find the chemical-y smell of nail polish that annoying anymore, maybe I’m getting used to it *uh oh* That’s a gorgeous color, understated and sparkly at the same time? = :D

Thanks! You know what? I don’t either! LOL. There are still definitely some polishes that are worse offenders than others, but overall I’ve grown not to mind very much. I was much caught off guard by the smell of the P&J nail polishes and I… don’t know if it’s an improvement LOL. I think I just don’t like powdery scents very much… but I agree! It’s like the best of both worlds! Quiet, yet interesting enough for me to be happy with it. :D

makeup morsels responds:

hahah, I think I would be caught off guard too. Nail polish is just way too closely associated with the chemical smell in my head. gahhh my blog/comments is going haywire right now, posted about it on my blog, please let me know if you know how to fix it.

I took a look and replied on your blog. HTH.

makeup morsels responds:

dudeee thank you so so much for your help, for awhile today (being the technologically illiterate person i am) i was scared that i was being hacked or my account was going haywire. now i can go back to having a normal heartrate! :D

oooo very pretty! i love your nail shape!

Thanks! :D

love the color! i have always been curious about P&J nail polishes and they seem nice and suitable for everyday wear :)
    .-= amynaree´s last blog ..FOTD – Love, love, love I want your love =-.

Thanks! I do think that the majority of their colors are very work-suitable. I like their collection of golds best though – I think they’re very unique since I can find nudes/peaches/pinks for much less than $14.

14. Love the color but sorry it chipped so soon. Hope you enjoyed the movie, sweets! =)
    .-= Shop N’ Chomp´s last blog ..Cheap Cheap Hooray! =-.

Thanks! I was sad too. I think next time I wear it I’ll layer top coats to see if it helps.

15. HT says:

Pretty! I love P&J makeup but I haven’t tried their nail polish yet. Hope the movie was great!

Thanks! I think P&J makes a lot of really gorgeous soft gold polishes that are pretty unique. I had a hard time picking out these two hehe.

16. Mona says:

ohhh that’s so pwitty!

how was the movie?!?!

Thanks! I really like it too. :D

The movie was great! It was a little contrived at points (something SO hates, especially in action scenes) but we both agreed that it was very entertaining and worthwhile to see. It looks like they’re going to make a series out of it so I can’t wait ’till the next one comes out!! :D

17. Tomi says:

Whoa this is so very pretty! I’ve been looking for a subtle metallic…
    .-= Tomi´s last blog ..Review :: Coastal Scents Gel Liners =-.