NOTD: China Glaze Strawberry Fields & Cherry Blossoms

China Glaze Strawberry Fields + Fing’rs Nail Art Rhinestones + pa Nail Stickers

Hi guys! Short post tonight as I’ve got class ’till 9:30pm and have been running around campus all day between meetings, lab, class and OH. Here’s this week’s NOTD. I actually did this last Thursday after my P&J 27 manicure chipped. It’s Orly Bonder, two coats of China Glaze Strawberry Fields, pa Nail Stickers and Fing’rs Nail Art Rhinestones with a layer of Sally Hansen Invisible Shield topcoat and Seche Vite quick-dry topcoat. I find that if I seal the rhinestones with a thick coat of regular topcoat first before the quick-dry layer they last very well. I actually can’t remember the last time I lost a rhinestone before I decided to take it off. =)

The result is quite girly and pretty no? I actually want to get through all my “untried” (read: not worn for a full manicure) polishes but last Thursday I just couldn’t pick which one to wear until I was just like eh, screw it, I’ll wear an old favorite lol. =)

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were purchased by me with my own money. I am not affiliated with the manufacturers/distributors of any of these products and received no compensation for this post.

35 Responses to “NOTD: China Glaze Strawberry Fields & Cherry Blossoms”

1. ect says:

Very cute and sweet!<3
    .-= ect´s last blog ..Formspring Q&A – Do you have a Facebook? =-.

Thanks! :D

veeerrryyyy cute! and you KNOW that means something.. i don’t even like pink hahah xD
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..FOTD?! =-.

LOLZ. Thanks!!! :D :D :D

such a cute nail art! I love it!
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..AMW Reports: Enjoying the Day with GlamBox & Friends =-.

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with this one. =)

China Glaze Strawberry Fields, WHERE HAVE U BEEN ALL MY LIFE! That is such a pretty shade of pink! I love the teardrop rhinestones, it’s a lovely touch when you have it with the cherry blossoms :3
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..Long overdue: Secret Santa Gift Swap! =-.

LOLZ. I told you you need it!! I didn’t know you didn’t have it yet but I’ll find it for you! :D :D :D

5. Very purty! Makes me think of spring. =)
    .-= Shop N’ Chomp´s last blog ..Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! =-.

Thanks! It’s definitely a fun polish to bring out in the dead of winter. :D

very pretty! i like it a lot :) haha yea same here, i always want to get through my untried polish at least once, but most often i settle w/ an old favorite, and a work-safe color instead. sorry my blacks and purples and dark blues!!!
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..BF’s Adventures in Sephora and LUSH =-.

Thanks! I think this is one of my personal favorites. :D

And duuuude I know. I love my purples and I wear them pretty often, but I’m just not a huge fan of teals, blues and greens on my fingers, iono why. I LOVE them in the bottle but I get so bored of them so quickly. =/

7. such a pretty color! Makes me think of Trader Joe’s Strawberry popsicles yumm. I love the stickers/rhinestones, so cute and summery

OH MAN. I haven’t tried those yet!! Am totally gonna go get some this week TEEHEEHEE.

& thanks. :D

makeup morsels responds:

they’re so delicious! And I’m the type of person who prefers popsicles over ice cream, so it’s always nice to find healthy ones that aren’t just sugar and food coloring

I love the stickers and rhinestones!!
    .-= Blair´s last blog ..Sasa Shopping =-.

Thanks! I like the pa stickers a lot more than the Fing’rs ones… I’ll be doing a review on both soon. =)

VERY CUTE indeed – I’ve never tried anything like that. But I’ve been good enough to give myself weekly manicures. Kinda like a spa time for me :)
    .-= ndoodles´s last blog ..Sales Are Just Marvelous! =-.

Thanks! And yay! It’s a nice ritual, no? That’s what it’s like for me too. :D

10. Denysia says:

LOVE your nails! How do you make them look so nice? I can never stand still enough without touching something, and then my nails are ruined.
    .-= Denysia ´s last blog ..Maybelline Eyestudio application =-.

Aww, thanks!

Quick-dry topcoat!! And nail polishes that are fairly quick drying, thin and pigmented in and of themselves. Most of my OPI polishes are totally dry on my left hand by the time I’m done painting the right hand (pretty good considering it takes me on average 2 minutes ish per hand). My other nail polishes are a little slower, but most are pretty good. I don’t have patience for nail polishes that never dry or require too many layers. I usually do 2 layers. And Seche Vite or Poshe quick dry top coat will literally have your nails dry to the touch in 4-5 minutes flat. The combination means that I surf at my computer and type sparingly on the pads of my fingers for 10-15 minutes to be safe until my polish is 100% dry. Which is pretty impressive considering that I often wear 7-9 layers!

Also, I’ve found that putting on a nice medium thick layer of any regular top coat followed immediately by the quick dry topcoat & wrapping the tips of my nails (that’s the free edge of your nail versus the whole surface) with base coat, one coat of color and last topcoat REALLY helps my nail polish to last on average 5-6 days without any chips. I do wear gloves/use a scrubby brush when I wash dishes though, and I typically do laundry the day before or the day that I redo my manicure. HTH!

the color is really cute! it reminds me of juicy berries which makes me hungry atm
    .-= amynaree´s last blog ..FOTD – Love, love, love I want your love =-.

I think it’s my favorite nail polish color! :D

12. BofB says:

Oh my goodness that is so lovely! I love the gold shimmer in Strawberry Fields! I never usually do anything fancy with my mani’s (painting them is a big enough hassle) but man, I need to put some more effort into it so they can look as pretty as this!
    .-= BofB´s last blog ..Barry M Lip Lacquer Crayons =-.

Aww, thank you! The gold shimmer really makes this polish super special! :D

Practice makes perfect!! I only started wearing nail polish in the last half a year or so, and it used to take forever, but now I’ve gotten a regular color change down to about 20 minutes. :D

13. jian says:

I absolutely LOVE ITTTT!!! It’s so pretty! I was trying to grow my nails out, but then when I was slicing carrots yesterday, I managed to slice half my nail off!!! So now one nail is much shorter.

And wow, a day until 9pm?! You must be really really busy!! I can’t imagine a day at uni until 9…we start fidgeting and complaining if we finish at 6pm…

Hehehe, thanks!!

& aww, oh no! Your nails must have been doing really well though! It’ll grow back soon enough. =)

& yea… the class is three hours 6:30-9:30pm. It’s only once a week but it’s so depressing getting out of class and going home and not having any time to do anything. It’s actually a super interesting Poli Sci class though, so it could be a lot worse lol.

14. kristie says:

hey there^^ i love your nails! you’re so talented :)
    .-= kristie´s last blog ..♥ DHC haul *yay! =-.

Aww, thank you! :D

15. I like the color combination a lot. It’s also flashy but plain enough that it’s classy and can wear it anywhere :D
    .-= Pop Champagne´s last blog ..Lance Bass looking like Fight Club =-.

I agree!! That’s why I love this polish so much! It’s super fun to wear but it’s not so over the top that it’d be inappropriate in most circumstances. :D

16. Lina says:

That pink is gorgeous on your nails! I must try and locate it. Love the designs. How long do they typically last? I can rarely get a regular manicure to last more than 2 days on me.

Hi Lina! Thanks! I think Strawberry Fields is one of those must-have polishes! Definitely worth your time to try and locate… if I recall correctly it should still be on most of the etailers like 8ty8beauty and transdesign. This one lasted me … Thursday evening to the following Friday morning, with pretty bad tipwear but minimal chipping. Just about 7 days? I would say 5-6 days of nothing but tipwear, 3 minor chips the next day and then I actually ripped up part of my right thumbnail in the shower the last day.

I don’t think I particularly baby my nails, but I do wrap my tips (so, the free edge of the nail) with base coat, one color coat, and both top coats. I think what makes the biggest difference for me is that I seal the nail art with a nice thick layer of regular topcoat first and then with a quick-dry topcoat. Whenever I only do color with no nail art, I only use quick-dry topcoat and those manicures inevitably only last 3-4 days, even with wrapped tips. In the same vein, I’ve found topping a polish with a layer or two of glitter makes it virtually indestructable! Two layers of topcoat works wonders for nail art too though! I can’t remember the last time I lost a rhinestone before I was ready to take it off. I don’t even use nail glue or anything to secure them, I just press them gently into tacky polish. HTH =)

17. Arianne says:

I love this colour! Reminds me of watermelons. :) Super girly!

How do stickers like that hold up with everyday wear?
    .-= Arianne´s last blog ..Friday Fun: Your Favourite Spam Comment. =-.

Thanks! I do love this color. :D

The stickers actually last fabulously – these are from pa, a Japanese brand and I bought them at my local Marukai Living. I seal the stickers and rhinestones with one thickish coat of regular topcoat and a thin coat of quick-dry topcoat and I can’t remember the last time I lost a rhinestone or sticker before I took it off myself. =)