FOTD: P&J Tango & Strawberry Jam

Eyes: MAC Golden Olive, Vintage Gold & Kelly Green pigments, UD Stash
Cheeks: P&J Tango (10), NARS Orgasm; Lips: P&J Strawberry Jam (14)

Hi guys, here’s the P&J FOTD, as promised. I would have posted earlier but then I had an unexpected meeting on campus (PI forgot to hit reply-all and I got left out of the loop ;_;). This was last Saturday’s FOTD. I decided to pair up Tango and Strawberry Jam with some pretty gold/greens since they’re both fairly red. Strawberry Jam photographs a little pinker than it actually looks in real life where the orange/gold shimmer makes it a good bit warmer. I also recently acquired NARS Orgasm in swap and I’m wearing it here as a highlighter, barely on and above the apples of my cheeks. You can’t really tell because I’m standing in the shade. I personally found Orgasm to be very frosty and I rather prefer Laura Mercier Orange Blossom which has a much subtler pearlised finish (it’s also just a tad more peach). So… I’m thinking about getting Deep Throat which is much less frosty but I’m not sure if it’d be worth it if it’s so similar to Orange Blossom… LOL. I’ll post my epic blush swatch comparison sometime this week.

As a mini update, I’ve been using Mario Badescu’s Buffering Lotion and Drying Cream for a little less than a week now. The worst of the cystic acne has diminished a lot though it’s not totally under control yet (I have a slight suspicion that the Buffering Lotion’s causing some purging, especially on my nose). During the day, I’m using Murad’s Acne Treatment Concealer in Medium (which is a little too light for my NC30ish skin, but blends ok). It’s certainly not the best textured concealer ever, but it has excellent ingredients (salicylic acid to keep pores clear as well as Vitamin A, C, & E and green tea extract to help resurface/heal) and I do actually feel like it helps heal. So, that’s what I used in the FOTD. Surprisingly actually, I’ve found it works and looks way better patted over my mineral makeup. I’ll be doing full reviews of all these products in probably about a month’s time?

In other news, I was able to pick up two of the L’Oreal HIP Chrome liners yesterday at CVS since they’re $5 for all HIP eye products this week. Suuuuuper excited because I’ve been wanting the gold and purple ones FOREVER! :D :D :D

Also, I realize I’m a total idiot and that I failed to put my contact information anywhere on this site. My email address is on the PDF of my resume but I guess that’s typically too difficult for most people to find… ANYWAY – if you have any questions, or just want to say hi, feel free to email me at catherine@strawberrymochi.com. =)

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were purchased by me with my own money. I am not affiliated with the manufacturers/distributors of any of these products and received no compensation for this post.

Tags: , , ,

37 Responses to “FOTD: P&J Tango & Strawberry Jam”

1. pfefi says:

mario badescu drying cream! i tried a sample and i’m not sure if it accomplished anything, but it definitely made me want to try their drying lotion.

also, have you tried vitamin e oil before? i’ve read about it but not heard from anyone personally if it worked or not. :o [sorry, i would have replied on twitter but i don't have one, haha xD]

I think the Drying Cream is definitely much, much gentler than either the Drying Lotion or the Buffering Lotion. From what I’ve read though, the Drying Lotion seems to be better for whiteheads and the Buffering Lotion for cystic acne, so that’s the one I picked up. Andd… so far putting the Drying Cream on whiteheads has worked pretty well (though I’ve only had like… two tiny ones in the last week) and it helps over the Buffering Lotion as well since that one is pretty drying.

I just picked up a bottle of vit. e oil last night actually! I haven’t used it long enough to judge efficacy but I sure do hope it works lol. Thank you for the recs. :D

2. Denysia says:

Awesome FOTD! :)

By the way, you mentioned in a previous post about a lush product being good for eczema, and I don’t know where that post is anymore. Can you let me know what that product is? I have mild eczema on my legs and arms, and I totally know how you feel about it.
    .-= Denysia´s last blog ..My Pretty Sample Bag =-.

Aww, thank you. =)

Yes – that was the Lush Dream Cream. I really love it – I think it’s probably the best lotion I’ve ever used. SO had really good luck with the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion (green label) for his eczema too. Good luck!! I hope your eczema gets better soon!

good to hear that there’s a GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN concealer! haha :) hope your cystic acne clears up soon!

love the pop of color in your inner tear duct :D
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Blushers (random) =-.

Hahaha, IKR?! I was always so freaking paranoid about putting concealer on my acne. & thank you! I sure hope so too!

& thanks! It’s the first time I’ve used Kelly Green and I thought it was a fun look. =)

Which HiP ones did you get?? That’s really exciting – that’s almost like 50% off or something. Very pretty FOTD! I’m too chicken to use colors outside the house… as you know, I always stick to my neutrals!
    .-= ndoodles´s last blog ..Neutrals Are My Best Friends =-.

The purple and gold. :D And totally! I rarely see 50% off at the drugstore anymore (usually BOGO50%) so I pounced. :D

And aww, don’t be afraid of colors! I totally consider purple and gold/green to be neutrals LOL. I guess I’m lucky because very little of my lid actually shows when my eyes are open.

5. Maggie says:

I think Deep Throat is kinda glittery and a little bit lacking in actual color though. D:
    I have the purple and gold HiP liners too! But my purple one broke so I’m most def. gonna go out and get it! :D
    .-= Maggie´s last blog ..January 2010 Favorites! =-.

Oh really?? How interesting. I just swatched it last weekend and I found exactly the opposite LOL. Well… all the shimmer NARS blushes have kind of large-ish disseminated shimmer (but not glitter, to my knowledge) but none are as frosty and low pigment as Orgasm.

Oooh, def get another purple! It’s soooooo pretty! If I didn’t only line the outer 1/3 of my bottom lashline I’d totally get a back up too LOL.

fresh looking and super pretty! I love this FOTD :)

Aww, thank you! :D

a very pretty FOTD! the Murad’s Acne Treatment Concealer sounds great. I always try to use concealer that’s good for acne/blemish.
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..I Just Wanna Say… =-.

Thank you! :D I do like the Murad – it’s the first concealer I’ve really used to cover acne. I’m usually too paranoid about putting anything except moisturizer and mineral foundation on pimples lol…

8. Cute FOTD, the Strawberry Jam lippie is very pretty. And very exciting about the H.I.P. liners, I remember you saying you wanted a vibrant purple one. Hope that one works out for you! I was eyeing the silver one, but then I went with Prestige Pewter instead, which I wear practically every day, so that was definitely a great buy

Thank you! I am really happy with the Strawberry Jam lipstick. And yea!!! I’m so excited teeheehee. I wore the gold one today, probably will wear the purple one tomorrow. :D I wish they had more colors!! I don’t look very good in silvers so I didn’t get that one, and I don’t wear black eyeliner. If they made teal, copper, navy, plum, etc I’d be ALL OVER them!

makeup morsels responds:

omg a teal one would be super pretty
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..Dessert Obsessions: Tiramisu =-.

9. Eva says:

i love that lippy! so pretty! oooh i really want to try the MB buffering lotion and drying cream! i use the drying lotion its not bad
    .-= Eva´s last blog ..Revlon Creme Gloss Review =-.

It is really pretty, no? I’m so happy it shows up on my lips. :D

The MB Buffering Lotion so far as been awesome for drying up cystic zits. I think it’s specially formulated to do that. It’s super weird though because it’s basically just allantoin and sulfur solution – not lotion-y at all! LOL. The drying cream is really nice too, it’s a lot gentler than the buffering lotion, but I think it’s less effective on cystic zits and more meant for whiteheads? It has sulphur in it too, but it’s less drying and kinda whipped in texture. I haven’t really had a chance to test it on non-cystic zits yet though since I don’t have any of those at the moment LOL…

pretty :) I think you should go to sephora and swatch deep throat to see if you like it :)

I really want to try MB’s drying lotion, have you tried that before? everytime I go to ulta, those little bottles sit on the shelves and taunt me!
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..January Favorites ♥ =-.

Thanks! I did actually! But I did it during nighttime. I think I have to try on some of these blushes because I just can’t really picture how they translate to the cheeks when I swatch them on my hands. If I have time I might post my pictures tomorrow, I did a crazy blush comparison teeheehee.

I actually haven’t tried MB’s drying lotion. I picked up the buffering lotion because it’s supposed to be good for cystic acne whereas the drying lotion and drying cream are better for whiteheads. Christine from Temptalia said that the drying cream is super for those little flesh colored bumps too, so that’s why I picked it up. I actually don’t get a lot of whiteheads…. so I didn’t really see the point of getting the drying lotion. In the past it’s just been one or two cystic zits per time of month but right now it’s all cystic. The buffering lotion is doing fantastic, I think. I want to say it’s drying up giant cystic zits in 2-4 days, but I haven’t quite had enough time to really analyze the lifespan of a cystic pimple and how the buffering lotion is doing with all of them. And the ones on my nose just take longer to heal, I think. T_T;

11. Very pretty look!

Good luck with the acne…really sucks!
    .-= Jamilla Camel´s last blog ..Test Drive – Fair and Lovely skinClarity Night Cream =-.

Thanks! On both counts. =)

i love the lip color on you! gives you very cute berry stained lips *yummy*!

glad mario badescu stuff is working out for you, I am currently loving their dry cream and gel eye cream as well :)
    .-= amynaree´s last blog ..Blogger Meet Up with my Revlon Eyelashes =-.

I really love the lipstick – the balm texture is so nice too!!

Ooh, these are my first MB products though I did get some samples. I haven’t tried the eye cream yet.

13. I love this look. So soft and beautiful. :) NARS Orgasm didn’t work for me either.
    .-= Shop N’ Chomp´s last blog ..A Day In Hollywood =-.

Aww yay – thank you!

Have you tried LM Orange Blossom? I like it wayyyy better. =)

14. omgg I want gold and silver eyeliners too!! especially if they are actually pigmented like they show up really well. That sucks to hear nars orgasm didn’t work esp hearing a lot of people rave about it. Oh well I guess that’s why there are so many diff brands of make up! :)
    .-= Pop Champagne´s last blog ..Emma Watson’s with People Tree Clothing Line =-.

Hehehe, they are actually quite awesome. I think they’re actually even softer than the UD 24/7s, one swipe was enough to deposit solid color on my lashline – they’re seriously like liquid pencils. I wore the gold one yesterday and it did sort of disappear a little throughout the day, but it didn’t smudge or fade the way normal eyeliners do on me, and the part closest to my lashline was still perfect like 9 hrs later. You should *definitely* try them out if you want a gold and silver. They’re truly chrome/metallic. :D

Catherine, you look sooooo fresh and pretty!
    I HATE acne break outs too! Actually, I’m currently concerned with lots of pimples around my mouth and chin area! :/
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..R E V I E W : My Skincare Routine with La Mer =-.

Aww thank you!

I’m right there with you except mine are around my nose, on my nose, on my forehead and around my brows. T_T;

Dude I swear you will Sin better than Orgasm lmao! I couldn’t even tell that you’re suffering from acne right now because your skin looks good actually – I guess the Murad concealer is a godsend, how are you liking it so far? I can’t wait to read all your reviews! The only three products I have from Mario Badescu are the Drying Mask, Healing and Soothing Mask and the Special Treatment Powder. I’m loving all three so far – the drying mask really works but it smells like a pot of tar :/
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..Green tea tiramisu I would sell my Guccis for. =-.

TEEHEEHEE. I believe you!! I think I’m posting my blush comparison pics tomorrow (I covered the back of my hand in blush swatches LOL) and Orgasm is by far the FROSTIEST blush from NARS.

LOL. It’s only because I’m standing in the shade in this pic. I took sunlight pics too and you can see every single imperfection and all the uneven-ness in my skin (esp on my forehead T_T;) but I do have to say the Murad is pretty damn awesome. It lasts a good 5hrs on me before the oilies make it a little patchy, but it’s so easy to blot and reapply I don’t even mind at all.

17. jian says:

Acne? What acne. =_= I don’t think I can upload my photos without some conspicious photoshopping of blemishes at the moment!

The look is really pretty and feels spring-like! I think it must be the lipstick’s doing! xD

Where is Mario Badescu actually from? I had never heard of it until I started blogging, really. O_O But then, I hear about many many great things by reading people’s blogs, such as JS and P&J xD

Awww, you’re too sweet. It’s only because I’m standing in the shade with the flash off. I took some daylight pictures too and you can see every single uneven-ness and imperfection in my skin (esp on my poor forehead). I think one of the things that threw me off most about this acne episode is that I’ve traditionally been against covering up blemishes since I feel like I’m entitled to have imperfections too (that’s a little weird no? LOL) – I guess I just never had enough to hide. I promised myself I would never photoshop my pictures though, I only color/brightness/contrast correct.

Thanks!! I can’t wait until Spring comes!

Hmm. Their website says they’re from New York, but I’d never heard of it until fairly recently (the last year or so?) too. So far I’m pretty impressed! =)

very pretty look :) I tried a few P&J products and for whatever reason, I wasn’t that impressed =T I think I was lured in by the sweet, girly packaging, haha

ahhhh cystic acne…I seem to get more cystic pimples these days, whether it’s stress or being off BC or the loooovely onset of adult acne screwing with the balance level of my skin, more often than not I get a painful bump under the skin instead of a whitehead. Untreated, they can last for weeks, since they never really form a head and therefore you can’t really extract the gunk…and if they happen to go away on their own, they usually come back in the same spot. The Buffering Lotion has helped me when I remember to use it regularly after noticing a cystic pimple, so that I only have to deal with them for a few days/up to a week rather than multiple weeks, so keep on using it! I use q-tips to apply it, since it’s so runny. Untreated or not though, I’m still looking for a way to treat the scarring that’s left behind.

I’m trying out a night cream that’s supposed to help fade scars/dark spots really quickly, so I’ll be posting my thoughts on it soon :)
    .-= mayaari´s last blog ..MAC 3N Giveaway Winner, New Nail Colors =-.

Thanks! I think P&J is kind of hit and miss depending on what you’re looking for. I haven’t been impressed with any of their face color powders and I thought my first lipstick was a total bust (it was too light and had a duochrome frost finish and super sheer, so if you wanted it to show at all it was a really weird effect) but I love both blushes (Disney Flower & Tango) and the Strawberry Jam lipstick. Knowing that their lipsticks are very sheer helped because I made sure to pick one that was really bright looking in the tube.

Awww. I hear you girl. Almost all of my acne is cystic and it’s so frustrating. I’m usually able to get pimples to come to the surface using a clay mask, but the recent blighters have been way more resilient. T_T; I don’t usually have them come back in the same spot, but I get multiple cystic pimples close together so I end up with clusters of scars. I’m definitely applying the MB Buffering Lotion religiously and it’s helped a lot! Unfortunately I keep getting more zits. T_T;

Oooh, I hope the night cream works out for you!! Can’t wait for your review. =)