Valentine’s Day Fun in San Francisco Part 1

Hi guys! I just wanted to share some pictures from our weekend in SF. As you guys know, I flew up Thursday morning to have lunch with my former PI and GRA (Principal Investigator, my boss, and Graduate Research Advisor, the grad student I worked with) before my interviews. SO flew up later on Thursday to hang out with the guys he’s interning for. We decided to celebrate Valentine’s Day early on Saturday since we would be flying back Sunday afternoon.

SO always makes fun of my inability to aim the camera for these kinds of pictures lol…

After getting a rather slow start in the morning, we spent the afternoon in Golden Gate Park and had tea in the Japanese Tea Garden. I had the Genmai-cha and SO had the Hoji-cha. It was really good tea! We also got the 10-piece mochi. It was seriously probably the best mochi I ever had – the flavors were mango, green tea, lychee, peanut and strawberry!

Here’s a closeup of the makeup I did for the day and a picture of SO enjoying his tea. The makeup is obviously what I’m wearing, not what he’s wearing LOL.

Eyes: NYX Aloha, Cherry, Hot Pink Glitter, shu uemura Fleur de Source taupe, Prestige WP Granite
Cheeks: NARS Sin, shu uemura Lolly Cherry; Lips: shu uemura Venus Pink

Here are some more pictures of the Japanese Tea Garden and the Botanical Gardens. It’s really beautiful there!

If anyone’s interested, I’m wearing a black blazer and pink argyle sweaterdress, both from Puffy from the Yesstyle store in San Francisco along with dark grey skinny jeans from Forever 21 and black suede slouchy ankle boots from Target. I unfortunately have to stop here since guests are arriving for our CNY/Valentine’s Day dinner/dessert in about half an hour, but I’ll be finishing up Saturday night and Sunday morning very soon. Stay tuned! :D

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were purchased by me with my own money or by my SO for me with the money he gets paid to go to school. Neither he nor I am affiliated with the manufacturers/distributors of any of these products and we received no compensation for this post.

Tags: , , ,

26 Responses to “Valentine’s Day Fun in San Francisco Part 1”

1. Denysia says:

Wow, that mochi looks yummmmyyy! :D
    .-= Denysia´s last blog ..Short update, Smokey eye tutorial =-.

It was AMAZING. :D

2. Maggie says:

Looks like you guys had fun! Now I want to try some Japanese(?) tea!
    I think I have some Genmai-cha somewhere, lying around.

I was like “AWWWWWW!” when I saw the cute little picture of the turtles on the rock. I love turtles. >_< I must go to the tea/botanical gardens when/if I go to Cali!

Hope you did well (or will do well, errr…if you didn't do them yet) on your interviews! LOL
    .-= Maggie´s last blog ..Can you Mauve Yet!? =-.

I love all kinds of tea, but this was really high quality stuff.

Hehehe, you definitely should visit once in your lifetime if you get the chance. It’s really gorgeous. We were really lucky with the animals that day.

& thanks! My last ones were on Friday so I’m officially done with interviews. I just have one decision to wait on now. Keep your fingers crossed for me! :D

Mochi!!! Yum!! such a nice quiet date!

Hehehe, it was actually ridiculously packed there, I think everyone else had the same idea as us since it was such a beautiful day in SF. We had to wait for seats!

wow! sounds like your vday was awesome :D i want to get some mochi now. those flavors sound delicious!
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Secret Valentine.. v blogger ;P =-.

It was a pretty sweet Valentine’s Day. And duuuuuuude. I want mochi too!!

5. eki says:

aww looks like you had wonderful time! such a beautiful place! :3 I want some of those mochi!!! X3

It was a gorgeous day in SF. I hope you get a chance to visit sometime, I know you’d absolutely love it there. =)

6. that mochi looks so yummy mm it’s been awhile since I’ve gone to Little Tokyo and had some good mochi. yay for Prestige Granite! I’ve been wearing it every day lately instead of black.
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..Here’s The Blue! =-.

Good mochi is fantastic and this was really quality mochi!

Granite is my favorite liner ever! It’s about half the size of my other ones and I’m sad I can’t even keep it in my cup anymore b/c it’s too short LOL. I think it makes a lovely alternative to black. :D

what a great way to spend Valentine! would love to try the mochi too :D
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..Happy Chinese New Year & Valentine’s Day! =-.

It was a really gorgeous day. Hope you get a chance to visit the Tea Garden someday – it’s definitely worth it!

looks like so much fun!! i haven’t visited the Japanese tea garden myself, need to go!!
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..Saint Valentine’s Day, 2010 =-.

OMG, you have to go!! Definitely worth it!

9. What a lovely Valentine’s day! I loooooooooove Mochi!

You two are so adorable!
    .-= Jamilla Camel´s last blog ..Test Drive – Avene Antirougeurs Rich Moisturizing Cream – Vascular and climatic protection for Dry to Very Dry Sensitive Skin =-.

Hehehe, thanks!! :D

that mochi looks delicious! cute outfit – argyle prints are always fab :)

ooh, maybe you could get a camera arm extender (my sis-in-law and my little brother’s gf both love it) to take photos of you & SO without accidentally cropping heads/faces – it’s about $30 at REI, but I’m sure you could find it elsewhere online :) here’s a pic link: http://media.rei.com/media/zz/25376835-e583-436d-8bb1-8c349d6a642c.jpg
    .-= mayaari´s last blog ..My Secret Valentine from Sarah =-.

Hehe, thanks!!

Ooooooh, thanks for the rec! I’m definitely going to look into it! :D

Oh wow!! The tea and mochi looks so lovely~ And hte park is pretty!! What a nice environment to have tea in! ^^

Btw, hope all the interview stuff is going well! =)

It was really gorgeous. I hope you have a chance to visit someday!

& thanks! My last interviews actually went really well and I got my acceptance to the UCSD Biology program (which I interviewed for two Fridays ago) yesterday, so yay! Hoping to hear good news from my last interviews soon too. Keep your fingers crossed for me! =)

wow looks like you had an amazing time!! I was so happy that the weather was extremely nice on Valentine’s Day weekend it definitely felt like spring/summer was around the corner :)
    .-= amynaree´s last blog ..Lush Seaweed Mask and Steam Eye Masks =-.

It was so gorgeous! And it’s beautiful in San Diego now too – it totally doesn’t feel like winter anymore lol.

13. kym says:

the pictures are beautiful! i miss SF! I can’t even remember the last time i was there ! =[

Awww. I adore SF!! Hope you get to visit again soon!