Valentine’s Day Love from Lulu ♥

Hey guys! Can’t believe I haven’t blogged for almost a week. It’s been a little insane here as I’ve been volunteering for the American Academy of the Arts and Sciences (they publish Science) 2010 Conference since Thursday and also trying to keep up on my schoolwork (and miserably failing in that regard) as well. Overall it was a fantastic experience though, and I got to hear Dr. Carol Greider speak on her Nobel-prize winning work on telomerase as well as learn a LOT about sustainable development and how science can partner up with media and policy experts to help make a greater impact on the world.

In any case, I just wanted to share this very belated surprise Valentine’s Day package from the lovely Lulu.

I wasn’t able to participate in the Valentine’s Day blogger swap arranged by Diana and Kay because I’m on a very-low-buy (which has actually been going pretty ok!) and still trying to make sure I can save enough to cover all of Spring Quarter’s tuition, so Lulu sent me an adorable package so I wouldn’t feel left out. Isn’t she the sweetest?! The cake thing is actually the cutest kitchen sponge EVER (I can’t bear to use it lol…) and I particularly adore the little heart clip she sent with her note. I’ve already devoured everything and now I’m on a hunt for more of those Jasmine milk tea packets – it was delicious! Thank you so much Lulu!! :D :D :D

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were sent to me as a gift by a friend. I am not affiliated with the manufacturers/distributors of any of these products and received no compensation for this post.

38 Responses to “Valentine’s Day Love from Lulu ♥”

awwww what a sweet package from Lulu! that cake sponge does look way too adorable to clean up any kind of nastiness hehe

the secret valentine budget was actually really low, you should of joined in!
    .-= amynaree´s last blog ..Review: Illamasqua Climax and Move =-.

Isn’t she a sweetheart? It was actually so funny b/c SO looked at it when I opened the package and totally wanted to eat it at first LOL.

Duuude I’m kind of kicking myself now! The no-max stipulation scared me off… ^^;;

2. Denysia says:

Everything looks so cute! :D

I really like that cake sponge! I wouldn’t use it either. It’s too cute to use!
    .-= Denysia´s last blog ..Suqqu collective haul! =-.

I agree!! I haven’t even opened yet because it’s just perfection lol…

Denysia responds:

Haha. I love cute items, I can never manage to open it and use it!
    .-= Denysia´s last blog ..Suqqu collective haul! =-.

3. Carol L says:

Awwww….. isn’t Lulu a sweetie? I think my mom has one of those cake sponges, but she refuses to open it to use it bc it’s so cute! Ha ha.

Hahahaha, I know right?! How could anyone use it?!

4. Lulu’s such a total sweetheart! I heart that piece of cake! Uber uber cute!!

She definitely is. I don’t even know where she found that piece of absolute perfection LOL!

hahaha I lol’ed at how your adorable SO wanted to eat the cake! hahahah :) I hope you will be able to track down more of those jasmine milk tea packets, it is my absolute favorite! if not i’ll have to supply you with moreeee!! and regarding your comment earlier — what package?? hehehe :p
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre =-.

Hiiii! Yea, he’s pretty hilarious. =)

Ooooooh, where did you get yours? I’m going to have to look when I go to 99 Ranch and Marukai next. I’ve never looked for Jasmine milk tea before!

:D

Wow that sounds really cool conference to be part of! Ah yes – the telomerase! What would our cells do without them? What was her research about?
    On a beauty related comment: what an awesome present!! VERY CUTE <3
    .-= ndoodles´s last blog ..K, I’m gonna make this fast =-.

She’s the one who discovered it! Or at least with her PI Elizabeth Blackburn and their collaborator Jack Szostack. She talked about their early work in finding telomerase and then some recent work on the clinical impact of the loss of telomerase activity. I forget the name of the disease and what it does (I was really brain dead… then) but it was pretty crazy stuff.

& teeheehee. :D

7. ect says:

What a sweet love package! Aww that cake sponge is too cute! ♥
    .-= ect´s last blog ..40 Beauty Q’s =-.

Lulu’s awesome. :D

8. Miss. P says:

Cute little blog:) I like.
    And so sweet of “Lulu” to send you a love-pack.

Miss. P

Aww, thanks Miss P! =)

9. kylie says:

how nice of her! u got a great friend :) and i wouldnt be able to use the strawberry cake sponge either! unless i had a backup ;)
    .-= kylie´s last blog ..LOVE: OOH-LA-LA FOR VIVA GAGA & BDAY PRESENTS! =-.

I’ve met a lot of awesome people through my blog and I’m so very grateful for it. =)

LOL! Hm… I wonder if I *could* get a backup….

10. wow that cake is a sponge? that is sooo cute. I’d be way too afraid to actually use it lol! And yeah I’m on a low buy too, gotta figure out how much taxes I have to pay this year before any further major purchases -_-

Isn’t it?!

And dude… I have to do my taxes too. So not looking forward to it. I think it’s ridiculous I don’t get to take a bigger deduction b/c my parents claim me for the tuition benefits that they’re not freaking paying for. Last year I was set back by about half a month’s worth of expenditures AND THEN I was audited and they wanted another $60 for some unexplained reason. T_T;

aww, that little cake sponge is definitely too cute to use :) shoot, I’m pretty sure Lulu sent me a jasmine milk tea packet for Christmas and I’m drawing a blank as to where I kept it! I need to go on a low/no buy next month so I can save up and budget for April =P

oh, my birthday is April 17 (Lulu is my bday twin!)…and I know yours is in April as well :) hehehehehehe
    .-= mayaari´s last blog ..February Blogga Luv =-.

Heeheehee. Aww, you have to find it! It’s delicious!

Ooooooh, that’s such a good idea! I think I was just going to raise my budget for April but come to think of it I don’t know if I’m going to be broke by then yet LOL. I’m really bad at long-term budgeting… & thanks! It’s on my calendar now. :D

12. Keerthi says:

Lovely package! Those jasmine milk tea packets sound amazing, I’m going to stalk the shops in my area for them!
    .-= Keerthi´s last blog ..swatch: bb couture impact driver =-.

Ooh, if you find some do let me know where! I haven’t gotten a chance to go to my Marukai or 99 Ranch yet but I’m really hoping they stock ‘em.

13. Great love package! Yeah, I remember those HUMONGOUS tuition payments! And the text books!!

Good luck!
    .-= Jamilla Camel´s last blog ..A Taste of the Kasbah: Tagine Cooking =-.

Lulu’s a sweetheart! Duuuude. I know… ;_; Engineering textbooks SUCK. I’m actually pretty fortunate this year to have a very generous amount of financial aid but it’s still a challenge every quarter. And I’m unfortunately still in that stage where I don’t really have a reserve of funds saved up to deal with unplanned expenses like a flight for grad school interviews before it’s reimbursed + having to pay my taxes at the same time… It’s kind of embarrassing… ;_;

14. Arianne says:

Aww so sweet of your friend to send you a care package! I’ve never done swaps before and I would just LOVE to participate in one.
    .-= Arianne´s last blog ..Fighting a Makeup Rut EOTD: I’ve Got the Blues. =-.

Lulu is a sweetheart. I actually didn’t even realize until earlier today that the mochi she sent me were strawberry mochis!!! LOL!

Aww, I love swapping!! I actually first got into it on MUA and … there are definitely ups and downs, but overall I’ve been very lucky, I think. It’s a lot of fun if you have the right attitude about it. =)

15. haha same haven’t blogged in awhile either, but got back on top of it today. Dudee the sponge looks adorable! I know they make face towels that are folded to look like cakes, but I’ve never seen the sponges before. Jasmine milk tea is delicious, I also love Jasmine green tea, have you tried that before?

IKR?! I’d never seen a sponge cake before either! And I think it’s so cool it holds it’s shape. I don’t think I’d be able to use a towel cake ever, b/c it wouldn’t be a cake after you took it apart right?!

So, jasmine tea is a type of green tea, technically, in that it’s not roasted/dried the same way black tea is, and it comes from a specific plant. In that regard all jasmine teas are jasmine green teas. Milk tea is just tea + milk. I have a couple different jasmine green teas and I love all of them, but my favorite green tea is actually an orchid green tea! It’s similar in character to the jasmine green tea in that it has a floral quality to it, but it’s an altogether different floral. :D

makeup morsels responds:

nope sadly they don’t keep their shape after you take them out of the box, which is why I never bought one before. ooh interesting I never knew that, the orchid green tea sounds yum. I’ll go look for that
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..Celebrity Perfumes =-.

16. JMEJME says:

OMGOSH WHAT A CUTE PACKAGE…I LOVE those towel cakes….most adorable tyep of towels every kekek
    .-= JMEJME´s last blog ..AFTER DARK…ALL NIGHT…FROM DUST TILL DAWN =-.

Hahaha. It is a super cute package, but the cake is actually a sponge, not a towel. =)

Hi Catherine! Thought I’d just let you know, I think I sussed the subscription thing (unless you didn’t want to use FeedBurner). I’m not sure if it works, but I got the little box in the side of my blog now! It actually was very simple (no html required) xD
    .-= Jian´s last blog ..FINALLY a new layout. =-.

18. May says:

Lulu is such a sweetheart:) The cake sponge is too cute.

DUDEEE I want the cake sponge! Omg my life wouldn’t be complete without a pink cake sponge *_*
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..Guilty. =-.

oh i loveeee the “food” towels.. haha xD crazy japanese people.
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Still alive! =-.