Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Blush in Parasol + Free Bracelet

Hey guys! It’s been a little bit of a tough week for me as I’m dealing with yet another muscle spasm and have had a pretty bad migraine since mid-yesterday. My doctors disagree on whether my headaches are more like migraines or tension headaches, in that they’re stress-triggered but sound more like migraines…? Anyway, usually the best thing I can do is actually treat myself to something nice and fun, so when SO decided to go rock climbing with friends tonight, I decided to take myself out for dinner and a little shopping with the Sephora gift card I’ve been saving up.

I ended up getting Tarina Tarantino’s Dollskin Blush in Parasol ($25), which I’ve been lemming big-time ever since Karen posted her swatches of the entire line. It’s described as a “shimmering bright pink coral,” and it looks like it’s everything I wanted NARS Orgasm (too frosty) and Deep Throat (too flat) to be! AND – if you’re a VIB, you should have just received an email about getting a free Tarina Tarantino bracelet with any online order – well you can get it in-store too! I was chatting with my favorite SA when he told me about it! Apparently they just got a huge bin of them, you just have to mention you’re a VIB!

The blush came in a pink organza bag inside the box. Ingredients. =)

The box is really cute and actually reminds me a lot of Jill Stuart’s boxes. It’s printed with the logo in silver on hot pink on the inside too. I thought the organza bag was somewhat overkill, but the printed ribbon is cute. Unfortunately, my compact already has a few scratches on the pink mirrored part on the outside… I think it’s actually from the organza rubbing against it, but it’s not that noticeable. The mirrored part is a scratch and fingerprint magnet though, so you’ll want to be careful with it. =/

The compact. The label.

I have mixed feelings about the compact. I love rhinestones, but for some reason I just can’t understand why Westerners can’t do cute as well as Asian brands? I like the idea of the packaging, but I find it to be a little tacky, honestly. I think it would have been better if they made the mirrored part clear so you can see the color of the blush rather than have it just be a magnet for fingerprints and dust. Apparently all the rhinestones are hand-placed.

Oh well, the product inside is nice enough that I can look past the packaging. I just tried the blush on, so I can’t really speak to wear time and how it looks in daylight yet, but so far I love the texture of Parasol. It’s a bit creamier feeling than Shu Uemura’s Glow Ons, and a bit more pigmented. More of the blush comes off on my EcoTools mineral powder/blush brush versus my Shu Glow Ons, so one or two gentle taps results in a brighter flush on the face. The Dollskin powder is just as finely milled and melts into the skin the same way the Shu Uemura Glow Ons do though. It’s easier to blend and much softer than NARS. Parasol is much more pink/coral than NARS Orgasm. It has the same kind of gold shimmer, but much less of it per amount of color, so it’s a lot less frosty and so far I love it! Hopefully I’ll be able to do a good FOTD later this week.

And the free bracelet is actually really cute too! I chose the red one because I thought it’d be easier to wear in Spring and Summer. It also comes in purple and black.

PSA: If you liked my Sephora for Harujuku Lovers Wallet, the entire collection is 50% off on Sephora’s website right now.

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were purchased by me with a gift card from a friend. I am not affiliated with the manufacturers/distributors of any of these products and received no compensation for this post.

Tags: ,

37 Responses to “Tarina Tarantino Dollskin Blush in Parasol + Free Bracelet”

1. Annabel says:

my dear you should definitely STOP sleeping at 5AM LOL. ahha i bought nars orgasm the other day; it looks decent….i think. i havent the faintest idea abt blushes but i believed the sales lady at sephora anyway :P i think one sells every 2 mins in the states no?
    .-= Annabel´s last blog ..the other end of ridiculousness =-.

DUDE TELL ME ABOUT IT! It’s all SO’s fault the dumb bugger. We’re still trying to get back on a normal schedule. T_T;

And oooooh. I really liked the color of NARS Orgasm, I just didn’t like how frosty it was to get that color (though I totally support whoever wants to wear it that way), plus I get pretty bad 5pm shine if I forget to blot my face, so I try to stay away from really shimmery cheeks unless it’s nighttime.

It’s pretty amazing how much they sell that one though (and NARS in general)!! I think it’s kind of sad because there are so many other pretty peachy-pink blushes out there… and I think there are quite a few that are better textured than NARS.

2. Annabel says:

ps feel better soon :(
    .-= Annabel´s last blog ..the other end of ridiculousness =-.

Aww, thanks. =)

3. Denysia says:

Wow, I haven’t purchased anything from Tarina Tarantino’s line, but your totally tempting me to!
    .-= Denysia´s last blog ..Megan Fox Curly Hair Tutorial! =-.

LOL don’t feel bad – it just came out! From what I’ve seen I’m pretty impressed by the line though. I think a lot of people expected it to be just tacky packaging and nothing else, but I really love the blush (I wish they had a larger shade selection) and all the eye and lip stuff looks really nice. I really, really, really want the pink kabuki brush too, but I think I’m putting that on my birthday wishlist. :D

aww, I hope you get well soon , muscle spasms are never good! By the way, the Tarantino blush looks cool, plus bracelet!!!
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..Readers’ Corner: Looking Good in 5 Steps =-.

Thanks, Nikki! I usually get 3-4 really bad ones a year, but recently I’ve been suffering from a whole lot of more minor ones… not bad enough that I can’t get out of bed, but bad enough that they keep me from going to school, and sitting at a desk for long periods of time… so mostly really irritating. T_T; Hopefully this one will go away soon though.

Yea! I was really pleasantly surprised by the TT stuff. =)

Actually I find the packaging quite cute haha!

It looks so much nicer and pinker than Orgasm! $25? Isn’t it priced the same as a NARS blush?
    .-= Blair´s last blog ..Lunasol Skin Modeling Eyes 01 Beige Beige =-.

Hehe, I’m glad you like it! I think Jill Stuart and Etude House are way prettier though…

It is way nicer than NARS Orgasm and you know what!? The NARS blushes are up to $26 now (and Shu Uemura’s Glow Ons are up to $23 from $21), so this is actually just a smidge cheaper!

aww feel better soon!!! you need rest :)

ooo I really want to go look at her products. and the price is not too bad! (compared to many other brands). I just got the email about the bracelet, I want it :)

Thanks, trying, but it’s a pretty tough week for me. =/

The line is actually quite nice and the price points are pretty reasonable, in my opinion! Maybe my perception is skewed LOL… but I think the quality is definitely there to justify it.

I do agree that the packaging is not as cute as Japanese cosmetic but it’s cute in western cosmetic term :) and the blush shade is so pretty too!
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..Review: Tea Related Masks =-.

This is true… and it’s definitely in line with Tarina Tarantino’s style, so I can’t complain too much. The quality of the cosmetics is really there, I’m overall pretty impressed. =)

Gee… this pink blush looks really cute and pretty! Both the color of the blush itself and the packaging! Seems to be a natural pink color!
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..R E V I E W : Chanel Hydramax+Active Nutrition Lip Care =-.

It is *super* pretty! I think it’d look even better on you Jess, actually!!

9. I love them both! Yummy!

:D :D :D

10. Caitlin says:

I’m so sorry about your migraine, I had one yesterday and was in bed all day :/ they’re VERY annoying! The blush is really pretty, but I really really love the braclete! It’s so cute with the little roses, eek! xo

Aww, sorry to hear about yours! I know right?! In the whole scheme of things they’re not that serious they just make you worthless for a day or so, soo irritating!! T_T;

Hahaha, the bracelet is really cute, no? Reminds me a lot of Anna Sui. =)

11. Marce says:

That’s a pretty blush! I like the colour but I’m not a fan of the packaging…the bracelet is really cute though!
    .-= Marce´s last blog ..Look – Through the Looking Glass =-.

I’m right there with you! I’m not really a fan of the packaging… though I’m hoping it will grow on me. I do really like her gloss packaging, I think that’s super cute, and the brushes, and that adorable sparkle powder atomizer teeheehee. Happily the quality of the blush is there though, so I can overlook the packaging. =)

Marce responds:

Well of course, you buy a product for the product itself! Although I have a weak spot for pacakging, LOL I’ve seen the glosses in photos and they’re really cute! XO
    .-= Marce´s last blog ..Look – Through the Looking Glass =-.

Sorry to hear about the migraines/tension headaches and the muscle spasming again. Must realy suck..! Well, at least you got the blush! The colour looks so nice, but I really don’t like the packaging..I think it’s tacky too. I completely agree..I don’t see why it’s so difficult for western brands to make things look as pretty! The bracelet is definitely cute though =)
    .-= Jian´s last blog ..Proportions of Emphasis on Eyes, Lips and Cheeks Makeup Translation + ‘Elegant Princess’ FOTD =-.

Dude. They have been bothering me all quarter and it’s sooooo irritating. They’re not debilitating by any means, but it cuts down my productivity so much. I haven’t been to campus since last Thursday because of the spasms and the doctors can’t do anything except give me muscle relaxants that don’t work for me. So frustrating. T_T;

IKR?! It’s *really* weird, but it’s like when I compare Disney to Sanrio or something… it just doesn’t match up, and I see this across the board! I do like the bracelet though, I was really pleasantly surprised, but funny enough, it reminds me a LOT of Anna Sui.

13. Maggie says:

I’m really impressed with the new TT line so far. The powder eyeshadows are really smooth, almost creamy, too! I need to check out the cream ones next time. I got one of the Conditioning Lip Sheens…so creamy, moisturizing, and fairly pigmented for a lip SHEEN. :D

I was so drawn in because the whole display/section was pink! It was blinding. @_@ I looked at the blushes too, but didn’t see any I liked. But I’m definitely adding Parasol to my list! I guess I wasn’t looking at the setup too closely. I like how it came with a little card and pouch!

The bracelet’s very cute. I heart roses/anything floral!
    .-= Maggie´s last blog ..February 2010 Favorites =-.

Ooh, I opted for blush since I’ve been on a blush kick lately, but I really want to check out her lip sheens too! I have to admit, I like the packaging of her lipsticks even less LOL… so shallow of me, but I swatched a few and they look *really* nice, especially Fuschia Lining. There’d been so much bashing of this line before it even launched, I’m really happy to see that it’s exceeding expectations. =)

And ME TOO! The first time I walked by Sephora they had everything out right in front and super pink! I just *had* to go see. Sadly they didn’t quite have testers for everything yet, but I really want that sparkle powder atomizer (even though I realistically will never use it LOL) and the Kapinki brush. Parasol is really pretty, I don’t think you’ll regret it. I wish they had more color selection for the blushes! The texture is really quite nice!

wow! sounds like it’s an amazing blush, but yea i stay away from american rhinestones too >__<
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Still alive! =-.

IKR? I can think of so many ways they could have made it cuter…

Dude I totally agree with what you said about the tacky packaging! I don’t know, there’s just something off about it…maybe it would have been nicer if the rhinestones were smaller. Ah well, too late now lol. Packaging aside, the color is prettyyyy and I love the name – Parasol, so old-fashioned ;P
    .-= ilyana´s last blog ..The Weight Loss Entry =-.

Yea!! I mean like… it’s pink and sparkly and it has all the ingredients that you need to be cute, yet it’s not! But the blush inside is really pretty. And dude. I so want a parasol!!!!!

16. Sorry to hear about the muscle spasm and headaches. =( Hope you’re able to get some rest this weekend! Love the pink packaging but I have to agree with you on them not knowing how to do CUTE. The color you chose is very nice. I can’t believe they are giving out free bracelets!
    .-= Shop N’ Chomp´s last blog ..Weekend Snapshots =-.

TY! Unfortunately I had to fly this weekend and even though it was recruitment at Davis and not interviews it was still kinda stressful and low-sleep lol… but I’m back now! Thanks for your well wishes though! ♥

I know right! I do love the color though, looking forward to wearing it a lot in the spring. :D

17. aw man, hope you get better soon. migraines are the worst, I tend to get them whenever I drink coffee for months, and then suddenly stop (those are probably the worst) or when I’m extremely stressed. yeah, I find that asian brands do ‘cute’ so much better, even with their drugstore stuff. the color of the blush is extremely purty, and the name is so cute too ^.^ reminds me of mary poppins. good choice on the bracelet color as well

Thanks hon! And LOL. Those are withdrawal headaches!!! It’s because caffeine dilates the blood vessels, so when you suddenly stop drinking, your blood vessels go back to being the normal size, which is a shrinkage, and therefore you’re suddenly getting much much less oxygen to your brain than when you were on caffeine. It’s… kinda bad for you, so you shouldn’t do it. =P & yea… I mostly get migraines when I’m stressed too.

Awww, lol, I didn’t even think of Mary Poppins but now that you mention it it totally fits!

I was so tempted to get TT blushes too when I checked them out at Sephora, but I didn’t think any of the colors look too interesting. The packaging is really cute, please let us know how they look on the cheeks! I really wanted to splurge on their brush set because it was pink, but i’m suppose to be on a low buy…arghhh

Dude, the formula is sooooo nice. I do agree their colors aren’t *that* unique though, and the selection isn’t that good. I think the color of Parasol is basically one that practically every brand has, I just happen to like this a whole lot more than Orgasm or Torrid. I’ll be sure to do a FOTD soon! I just have to recover from my recruitment-weekend acne first. Ugh. My skin hates flying & interview stress.

& OMG I am totally with you! I actually have a huuuuge lemming for the Kapinki brush – it’s SO CUTE! I think I might get it for my birthday… especially since I need a new kabuki. Lisa at Shop’n’Chomp got one (iirc) and she really likes hers! I totally wanted the brush set too for the pink handles… but I already have more than enough other eye and face brushes… LOL.