NOTW: Girly Pink w/ Bows & Gems

Hey guys! First Monday NOTD in a while lol. As predicted, my recruitment visit to UC Davis was super-busy and packed with events. It didn’t help that I was working on my Senior Design Team’s final report on the plane ride there and on the plane ride back. I landed back in San Diego yesterday before noon, and then after lunch with SO headed straight to CSE to work with my group members on our report for 9 hours. So happy it’s turned in now though! I just about passed out after I redid my mani upon getting home. I decided to go super-girly this week.

Orly Bonder, 2 coats Borghese Flora Peony, China Glaze Jetstream, Sinful Opal Glitter, eternal nail stickers, Fing’rs rhinestones, Sally Hansen Diamond Strength 01 Flawless, Seche Vite Quick-Dry Topcoat

Don’t get the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Flawless as a topcoat. I don’t think it’s actually meant to be used as a topcoat… I’m using it because it came free with one of the polishes I bought in the past and my regular topcoats are in desperate need of thinning (and I keep forgetting to buy one!). Flawless is really thin and bubbles pretty badly, especially under a thicker topcoat like Seche Vite. You can’t really tell in this NOTW because I used a metallic polish + glitter, but it looks pretty bad over softer shimmers.

My Laura Mercier haul from Hautelook finally came in this weekend! Hopefully will be able to take pictures of that tomorrow. I woke up a little too late to do much picture-taking today. I also got the newest issue of Spring that has a really adorable Jill Stuart tote. I’ll definitely try to do a few FOTDs soon, but I have to let my skin recover a bit. High-stress trips and flying always really mess up my skin and make me dehydrated and oily. Yesterday I used a MBD Intensive Rice Peptides mask and it dried out in a little over half an hour whereas I can usually leave those masks on for well over two hours!

Hope everyone’s having a great Monday!

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were purchased by me with my own money. I am not affiliated with the manufacturers/distributors of any of these products and received no compensation for this post.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

43 Responses to “NOTW: Girly Pink w/ Bows & Gems”

1. Stephanie says:

ooh, I really like how you put the gems at the top vs the bottom! very cute. sometimes I think man, I should’ve gotten those stick glosses, but I’ll just live vicariously through you. :)
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Just what I was looking for =-.

Thanks! I’ve seen it a lot in Japanese 3D Nail Art designs but I was always shy of putting that much *stuff* on my nails, especially since they usually use much larger gems… but this time, it just kinda worked! I think it helped to keep alternating nails simpler.

And LOL. As you wish. =P

(But seriously, I think I live vicariously through all of you too! :D)

2. Eva says:

haha you’re like the queen of nails!! i love the bows so cute!
    .-= Eva´s last blog ..Mini Sephora haul, FOTD and exciting news!! =-.

Aww lol, thanks!

another cute nail art design! you can always make such girly design that looks really romantic!!!!
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..Eureka Moment: Disposable Mascara Wands =-.

Thank you! I think I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that I am just a girly-girl at heart. No shame in that. =)

4. omg love!! you can do no wrong with your manicures, they always look amazing. well, I go for anything with bows, but I love how you balanced them out with the chunky rhinestones
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..SPF-ing It Up =-.

Aww, thanks!! I am rather proud of this mani. I’ve always wanted to do clustered rhinestones but it never really turned out looking right. I think alternating with something lower key really helped. :D

5. eri says:

super cute! i love the bows! you have the cutest nail designs!
    .-= eri´s last blog ..renovation part 1 =-.

Thanks! I love bows. I think I’d wear them every single week if I had enough stickers LOL!

very cute!! as always, I love the bows :) I just ordered some gems in my wowsocool order, inspired by youu! I can’t wait to play with them :)

OOOOOH! I can’t wait to see what you do with them!

PS: I *finally* got everything and I’m sending you a package tomorrow! :D

the bows are adorable :) love seeing your super girly manicures!
    .-= mayaari´s last blog ..Sasa and Zirh Purchases =-.

Thanks! Yea… I think I’ve just come to terms with the fact that I am a super girly-girl when it comes to my nails. ^^;;

8. missmicchan says:

I love your NOTD, you’re so talented…if I got my nails to look half as good, I’d be super happy! haha
    .-= missmicchan´s last blog ..Eki Love =-.

Thanks! And awww lol – it just takes practice! I bet in several manicures you’d be even better than me!

always love your nails :D
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..A Piece of Me…. in March 2010 =-.

:D :D :D

10. Georgina says:

another cute NOTD from the nail art guru! :D the bows make me happy, theyre so pretty and the gems are so fab! :)

Awww lol, that’s so sweet of you to say. Glad you like it. =)

11. pfefi says:

cute cute! hey so i’m traveling to hk/taipei/tokyo. let me know if you want something couriered back to CA. c:
    .-= pfefi´s last blog ..sally hansen scandal! =-.

Thanks!

And OMG – that’s so generous of you!!!!! I will let you know, definitely! :D

pfefi responds:

okaaaaay~ sometime before march 31. n_n
    .-= pfefi´s last blog ..sally hansen scandal! =-.

12. Sarah says:

Oh my Lordy Catherine these are the cutest nails ever! Oh I love them so much, you are so talented hun!!! Love the little bows too, so cute!!! can’t wait for your LM haul too : )
    Thanks so much for your comment! I know what you mean it is so hard to find that perfect nude colour! I struggle big time too!!!!
    .-= Sarah´s last blog ..My favourite lip products- Part I =-.

LOL thank you! :D

I know!!! I used to have MAC Hug Me which I liked the color of, but the lustre formula is really drying on my lips, so I ended up swapping it. Haven’t found a perfect nude in a formula I like yet.

this is way too cute and girly!!! You make my plain nails look so boring haha I need to jump on this nail bandwagon and start blinging them out :)

LOL. Dooooooo iitt!!!!

14. Arianne says:

Love it! It’s the second time I’ve seen you use these bows; are they available online? I want want want them.
    .-= Arianne´s last blog ..An Oh So Pretty! Introduction to LIFT Cosmetics. =-.

Hehe, I do love these bows. Um, Orangelighthouse.com sells pa and eternal nail stickers… I don’t know if they have the exact set I’ve used, but they do have other bow ones. I’ve ordered pa polishes from them before and had a pretty good experience. (They didn’t send me tracking info accidentally and FedEx forgot to leave a note on my door… so I got kinda frustrated waiting but my order had arrived in about 4 days and sat at my leasing office for a whole week.)

15. BoB says:

You seem to have the most adorable mani’s – they remind me of the ones I see in Japanese magazines but cuter!
    .-= BoB´s last blog ..Bloom Eye Shadow =-.

Aww, thank you! I actually get much of my inspiration from there, but I sort of tone it down so it’s more acceptable for everyday here (and for being able to do regular tasks… like typing lol).

16. ect says:

Ahh cute cute cute!! I looove the bows :3 I really gotta get my hands on some of those pretty gems & stickers!
    .-= ect´s last blog ..A piece of me in… March 2010! =-.

Thanks! I think they’re soooo fun! And the stickers and gems are super easy to use. I really like Asian brands of stickers because they tend to be rubbery and so they adhere to wet polish really well whereas most of the ones I’ve gotten in American drugstores must be put on dry nail polish (they peel up your wet polish T_T;). The gems are super easy. Dip a toothpick in water and then touch it to a rhinestone. The water tension will pick it up and stick it to the toothpick until you touch it to wet nail polish, which is a stronger adhesive.

tehehee, so cute! those bows are adorable.
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Hana from Misikko & Imee =-.

Aww, glad you like them! :D :D :D

18. carolinee says:

WOW!! Congrats on having your own domain now!! You’re a such a diligent and serious beauty blogger!

OMG! Cat!! you always do the BEST nails! I swear…my 2 top favorite girls for NOTDs are you and Jen (frmheadtotoe)!! You two are just so talented and have such a steady hand and so much patience! lol :P I especially LOVE this combo that you did! I need to go find that China Glaze polish that you have in Jetstream!! Borghese is really pretty too! <3

hehe I just recently got into nails. I bought my first polish this past wknd and it's China Glaze For Audrey! :P I'm in LOVEE with it! (lol i've been raving and ranting about how wonderful and pretty this color is in my comments on everyone's nail entries) You girls are RIGHT! For Audrey is such a pretty color, and I'm really happy with it. I'm really impressed with the wear, opacity, and non-chipping! soo happy ^_^ Oh, the day until I can do my nails and make them look half as PRETTY and GIRLY PRINCESS status like yours! :) You really did a great job with this NOTD and assembling all the gems and made great use of the adorable bow stickers! I love it!!

Thank you so much for welcoming me back!<3 You still care to hear from little me hehe! It makes me soo happy! ^_^

miss you!
    <3 caroline

ps. Good luck on your finals! Try to get some rest because that sounds like a monster report–9 hours! yikes! Take your vitamins and load up on that Vitamin C. :) and I'll definitely take you up on that offer hehe :P

Hey girl! Yea LOL. I got fed up with Blogger and decided to go back to self-hosted WordPress. I’ve actually been blogging (on various topics) for the better part of the last 10 years (that makes me feel so OLD! LOL) and WordPress is what I know best. =)

& thanks!! I’m so glad you like them! It’s hard to imagine that less than a year ago I could barely paint them one color LOL! But practice makes perfect, seriously! I’m so excited too because I just got my first Konad stuff!! And ooooooh, For Audrey is a gorgeous color! I actually don’t have it LOL… for some reason it just didn’t suit my skintone, but I’ve been hunting for a color like it. I always love it on everyone else!

And aww, well I really enjoyed your posts. =)

(& thanks! I’m definitely taking all my vitamins like my life depends on it LOL!)

19. Ooh, thanks for the heads up on the Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Flawless. Love, love, love this!!
    .-= Shop N’ Chomp´s last blog ..And The Winner Is… =-.

Yea, so not worth it LOL. I just haven’t been to Ulta to get polish thinner yet.

Glad you like the mani! I think it’s one of my favorites yet!

20. VERY pretty! Are those ribbons also stickers? They are super cute!!

Hahaha, sorry for the late comment. I’m finally getting my google reader under control!
    .-= K / bihadadiaries´s last blog ..Birthday Presents from Diana! =-.

Thanks! Actually, only the ribbons are stickers. The rhinestones I placed individually.

& no worries lol – sorry for the late reply!

21. Mona says:

wahhhh these nails are sooooo cute!
    .-= Mona´s last blog ..MAC Give Me Liberty Of London Mini Haul & Blue India Swatch + Review =-.

Aww, TY! :D