First Konad NOTW! Purple on purple. :D

Hi guys! I’m finally done with Winter Quarter! Hopefully I passed all my classes… it would really suck if I didn’t because upper division BENG classes are only offered once a year. =/ ANYWAY, I actually did this NOTW on Monday after my first exam. I bought China Glaze Harmony way back when for the express purpose of Konad-ing, as I had heard they’re really good for it. So happy to use it for the first time teehee. I got my Konad order in from WowSoCool.com two weeks ago? I know I haven’t shown pictures of my plates yet, but I’m pretty happy with my order so far. :D

Orly Bonder, China Glaze Let’s Groove, Seche Vite, China Glaze Harmony with Konad plate m73, Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Flawless

It took a few tries to figure out, but konading is actually pretty easy to get the hang of. The China Glaze chromes are every bit as good as people said too. I thought Harmony was actually easier to work with than the two special polishes I ordered (gold and silver). I’m definitely collecting a few more China Glazes for konading. I’ve also heard great things about the holos, and I think they’d look AMAZING. =)

SO and I don’t really have any plans for Spring Break this year. I wasn’t really interested in going on a camping trip with a bunch of other people we don’t know and he’s got a huge, important project for the firm he’s interning for to complete before the start of April so we’re just going to stay home and work/be lazy. Unfortunately, it looks like I’m starting out the vacation with a sinus infection (it actually hit right at the start of my last exam), so I expect I’ll be online a lot since I can’t sleep practically at all when I have sinus infections. =/ Hope that means I can get through a post-a-day for break though! =)

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were all purchased by me with my own money which I earn at my day job. I am not affiliated with the manufacturers or distributors of these products and I received no compensation for this post.

Tags: , , , ,

51 Responses to “First Konad NOTW! Purple on purple. :D”

oooo good job!!! your konadicure was so beautifully done! i shall be looking for harmony to do my konad in the future, it looks so pretty!! :D

aww sorry about your sinus infection :( feel better soon and now that spring break is here, rest lots hun!! <3

Oh Lulu, you so need to get some of these China Glaze chromes – they’re a dream to work with! I’m seriously kicking myself in the butt for not having picked up a few more of them lol! I picked up purple because I figured it’d be the most versatile for my collection lol… but now I want the green, teal, grey … heck I just want all of them!

& thanks! Happily the sinus part is a lot better after yesterday, but now I have ridiculous body ache. T_T;

2. Lisa says:

Pretty nails!! You make me want to bust out my konad kit that’s been sitting in my drawer XD

I hope you get well soon <3
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..It’s Spring Break! =-.

Thanks! & OMG lol – you have konad stuff and you haven’t been using it?! Get on it, girl!! =P

& thanks! Really hoping it won’t totally ruin my break… T_T;

Hope you feel better soon! Your nails look absolutely amazing…I’m completely serious. Definitely envious, and definitely want to check out konad stamps now!! Although when I’ll have the time to do my nails I don’t know. I don’t get an Easter break this year, so my next break is the Summer (July). Waaaaah!!!
    .-= Jian´s last blog ..What a hectic week… =-.

Thanks hon! I’m feeling a bit better – really hope I can beat whatever it is quickly!

& thank you! I was pretty proud of it as my first one hehe. But I did spend like two hours swatching my nails and trying different combinations before I settled on this one, so I had a lot of practice.

Aww no! No spring break?! Hope you’re doing well and getting some “me-time” to yourself still! Don’t work too hard!! *hugs*

4. Susie says:

Wow, so darn good. Love it,
    Susie
    .-= Susie´s last blog ..My daughter in law Erica surprised me today…. =-.

Thanks! :D

5. Absoultely stunning!!

Get well soon!
    .-= Jamilla Camel´s last blog ..Lunasol Skin Modelling Eyes Starter Kit from Ichibankao.com =-.

Thank you, Jamilla, on both counts!

6. ect says:

So pretty! I’m still trying to get the hang of Konading :/ Hope you feel better soon!
    .-= ect´s last blog ..Review: LUSH Honey Trap & Chocolate Whipstick Lip balm =-.

Thanks! I did spend about two hours testing out different combinations before I settled on this one, so I got a lot of practice in lol. You’ll get the hang of it soon!

& thank you!

7. pfefi says:

isn’t it… purple on purple on purple? xD

feel better~
    .-= pfefi´s last blog ..oni-don’t-eat-me-giri! =-.

LOL. I think you are technically right. =)

& thanks, hon!

8. Sorry you don’t feel well. At lest your nails are fabulous!!!

Hahaha, this is true. =)

9. Jules says:

BEAUT design! Loving the purples, i’m a mahoosive fan of purple colours :D xx

Thanks! Purples are probably my faaaaavorite color too!! It’s actually really weird how I have practically no light purples and more pinks and reds in my collection, lol…. =/

10. yayy I’m so glad you posted your konadicure. It’s super pretty :D sorry about your sinus infection, hope you get well soon

Thanks! I’ve actually already done the second one since I managed to royally chip the above one up during my last final exam (how? I have no clue either…). Hope to take pictures of this one and share soon too. It’s so much fun! :D

& thanks!! This happens to me all the time – it’s like my immune system holds out just until it needs to and then is like “ok bye sorry.” Well, at least it’s better than getting sick during finals week. LOL.

11. May says:

Great job for the first time:) Very pretty!

Sorry to hear about your sinus infection. Get well soon!
    .-= May´s last blog ..Happy New Year! =-.

Thanks! I admit I did spend about two hours trying out different color and design combinations before settling, so I got in a lot more practice lol. Glad you like it. =)

& thanks! I’m hoping to, otherwise my break will be quite sad…

May responds:

You always have pretty nails. I’m a newbie to Konad, surely need more practice.
    .-= May´s last blog ..Happy New Year! =-.

Aww, well thank you! :D

Konad definitely takes a bit getting used to, but in my opinion it’s easier to get the hang of than learning how to actually paint one’s nails (that took me FOREVER LOL…), so keep practicing! It’s so much fun once you get the hang of it. :D

12. Maggie says:

Gorgeous! I could never do anything like that on the first time. :D
    The purple and the pattern just make me think of royalty. Like I don’t know, it just makes me think of the words “purple” and “reign”. I lurrrrbe it!

I hope you feel better soon! Best wishes.
    .-= Maggie´s last blog ..I never thought that I’d be in a Showroom =-.

Thanks! And lol, well I admit I did spend about two hours trying out different color and design combinations, so I might have cheated a little lol. It’s a lot easier than it looks though!!

& thank you! Drinking fluids and taking lots of vitamin C here.

Very very pretty!! I want to try some Konads too :D Hope you feel better soon :)
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..40 Beauty Questions =-.

Oh I think you’d love it! It’s a lot of fun. :D

& thank you!

14. Rae says:

Aww! Very very cute :) I love it! Hope you feel better soon, hon.
    .-= Rae´s last blog ..FOTD: for the love of cheeks! =-.

Yay!

& thanks, I’ve been doing my best to stay hydrated all day… and I think it’s helping?

15. Sorry to hear about your sinus infection, sweets. Hope the down time will allow you to get back to 100% soon. :) Love this purty purple NOTW!!

Thanks hon! I hope so too! Spring quarter starts way too soon! LOL…

& thanks! :D

16. Linda says:

Aww…hope you get better soon. Your nails turned out really awesome! You picked out great colors! =]
    .-= Linda´s last blog ..Boys Before Flowers =-.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Glad you liked it! I love purples hehehe. :D

Oooooh, it turned out reaaaally nice! :)

Sweetie, did you see the visuals for the newest LE Visee quads? Are you getting any? You can start a collection since you bought last fall’s LE quint haha XD

Thanks!

And OMG yes I did!! I kind of want to see swatches first as the color combinations look a little pastel-y and the seafoam green color never shows up on me well, but the packaging is just so cute lol. I’d love to build up a Visee collection. :D

18. BoB says:

Don’t worry, I’m sure you’ve done really well on your exams!! And sorry to hear about your sinus infection, I hope you get well soon!
    .-= BoB´s last blog ..Nails of The Day : H&M Bad Temper =-.

Aww, thanks hon! I hope so!!!

And I’m surprisingly feeling much better already, so I’m hoping the trend continues! Thanks for your well wishes. :D

Oh my dear, this is super pretty!! Doesn’t even look like Konad but just super impressive polish!!!!

Heeheehee, awww that’s too sweet of you, Nikki!

20. diana says:

Wow, your nails look gorgeous!! I hope you passed all of your classes, although I’m sure you have nothing to worry about!
    .-= diana´s last blog ..DHC Goodies =-.

Thanks, hon! I hope so too!

21. OMG your nails look amazing!! i absolutely LOVE this combo!! i can’t stop staring at your nails LOL <33
    .-= Anita (*swtexcape*)´s last blog ..MAC Cremeblend Blush vs. NYX Cream Blush =-.

LOL. Well really glad you like them! Purples are my absolute fav. :D

So I bought the Seche Vite at Target and it was $10… so I took it back b/c that was too much for me. Anyways – your nails look awesome :D As usual you got the best nails every. Oh and as far as classes, I’m sure you kicked butt in all of them – don’t even talk about passing :)

Awww lol. It’s really worth it!! I think you can get it a bit cheaper online. Otherwise I think Poshe topcoat is $8, so a little cheaper, but I do love Seche Vite. It’s really an investment if you think about it! It completely dries a flat color (3 coats of just one color, no glitter or rhinestones) in 4 minutes flat for me – like totally undentable! It takes about half an hour if I’ve layered on a bunch of stuff including rhinestones, but that’s still really impressive considering it used to take up to 3 hours for my manicures to dry!

And lol, thanks! I hope so!!

this is super pretty! i’m loving the patterns and the purple, reminds me of a really cute wallpaper :)

Thanks! I think it’s my favorite pattern out of the ones I bought this time, but I really want to get the zebra and leopard print ones too teehee. :D

24. luv2smilexo says:

this is gorgeous! I need to use my konad more i think :P
    .-= luv2smilexo´s last blog ..Bored Poll =-.

25. Oh my gosh!!! I can’t believe how great of a job you did & it was your first time using Konad!! ^__^ So impressed.

I’m like one of the few people around on Blogger who has yet to jump onto the Konad bandwagon. I’m waiting to save up a bit more before I jump in though. I know once I start using Konad, I’ll become addicted and buy a whole bunch XD lol
    .-= DanaYoshimizu´s last blog ..D♥T Charms =-.

PURPLE ON PURPLE! omg <3 hahahaa. love this posttttt! what pretty nails <3