Visee Glam Hunt Eyes G-6

Hi guys, today I just wanted to share my thoughts on the limited edition Visee Glam Hunt Eyes palette in G-6. The lovely Mona twitpic’d a FOTD of herself wearing this palette a couple weeks ago and I just fell in love with it! It’s sold out nearly everywhere except on AdamBeauty, where I bought it from. I seriously jumped on it when I found it LOL, and decided it’d be a nice treat for the end of the quarter. It took about a week to get to me (AdamBeauty ships out of Hong Kong) and I only paid $2 shipping, so I was pretty happy. I’ve been playing with this palette for the last few days and I absolutely love it!

I kinda messed up the packaging when I took it out the first time lol… The compact – very luxe and pretty!

First of all, the packaging for Visee palettes are really nice! I only have one other Japanese drugstore palette (an LE Majolica Majorca), but I love the compact Visee put this palette in. It’s very pretty and it feels very sturdy too. I paid $21.50 for it, which is definitely expensive for drugstore (compared to the US, pretty standard for Japan, I think) but the quality is just so much better, and still cheap compared to most high-end brands.

The eyeshadows – this is the G-6 Beige Brown palette, limited edition from Fall ’09

The eyeshadows are beautifully coordinated, with five shades. The packaging did come with instructions on how to use them, but I didn’t bother taking pictures because I can’t actually read any of it haha. Basically, the top most color is supposed to be the brow highlight, the second color is the lid color, the third, the crease, fourth is the liner and fifth is the tearduct highlight. That’s certainly not the only way to wear the palette though.

Swatches are left to right in order of the palette bottom to top. Swatched dry, with fingers, no primer.

The shadows are suuuuuper smooth, very pigmented and they swatch like butter. I lightly rubbed my fingers over the powders to get these swatches (it was only a bit difficult since the pans are so narrow). In this regard I like them way better than the one Majolica Majorca palette I have. I really love these shadows. They’re not quite as creamy as Shu Uemura’s ME eyeshadows or the best metallic MAC shadows, but they’re definitely among the least powdery ones I have. As you can see, the shadows do contain a good amount of sparkle, but the sparkle is really fine and flaky, if that makes any sense, and on the lid gives the appearance of glistening water, much like the Stila Jewel palette. The fifth color (tearduct highlight) has the most flaky sparkle.

Eyes: Visee Glam Hunt Eyes G-6, UD Bourbon; Cheeks: Shu Uemura Glow On P Wine 25; Lips: Tsumori Chisato for Shu Uemura Venus Pink

For this FOTD, I actually took the 5th shade and patted it on the inner half of my lid for extra sparkle. Please click to full-size the image with my eyes closed so you can see how pretty and reflective the shadows are. The shadows look sheer and transparent in photos, but they’re not. They’re just beautifully sparkly. I wouldn’t necessarily say they’re really work-safe neutrals if you work in a very conservative environment, but they are really gorgeous. I’ve already worn them 3 or 4 times this week since they’re so easy to throw on. So far my favorite combination is the second color all over the lid with the fourth in the crease – it’s such an easy combo and it looks like a very softly defined taupe eye on me.

I’m really happy with my purchase and I’m looking forward to collecting more Visee palettes! (Though, perhaps ones with less sparkle than these.)

Disclaimer: This product was purchased with my own money which I earn working at my day job because I thought it was pretty. I am not affiliated with the manufacturer or distributor of this product and received no compensation for this review.

Tags: , , ,

26 Responses to “Visee Glam Hunt Eyes G-6”

the palette is so pretty! and the colors are very wearable for me :)
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..The Face Shop Haul =-.

I really love the colors – they’re practically the perfect neutrals!

2. Lisa says:

eek! the colors look so good on you! I am definitely thinking about picking it up now XD
    .-= Lisa´s last blog ..Camera Question Answered! =-.

Hehehe… it’s seriously beautiful though!

3. Love it! So pretty *^_^*

:D

4. eri says:

love this look on you!
    .-= eri´s last blog ..happy baby =-.

Aww, thank you! :D

Looks so pretty!!! The colors are really suitable for everyday wear, I love palettes like these!
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..Haul: Nail Polishes =-.

It’s seriously so easy and fun to wear! I need more palettes like this hehehe.

Very nice palette, Catherine! But I wonder all shades are brown-ish, since the 4th shade looks like a blue one when looking at the pan.

I love the natural fotd, and I think you skin has cleared up quite much!

Thanks! Hm, unfortunately I think that’s just the colors aren’t totally accurate in that picture. If you look at the swatches, the fourth shade is a pretty neutral brown. It’s not really blue at all.

& thanks! It gets better and worse day by day… so it’s kind of frustrating, but I am doing my best.

7. Those shades are so sweet and flattering! A very pretty look.
    .-= Jamilla Camel´s last blog ..Test Drive – L’Oreal Color Riche Serum S500 Ardent Sunset =-.

Aww, thank you! That’s what I aim for. :D

NICEEEEE :) Can I drool NOW? ;D
    .-= Blair´s last blog ..Reviews: Etude House, Givenchy =-.

LMAO!! Sure! :D

Those do look really pretty :) I love neutrals that is so easy to apply you don’t even have to think!
    .-= ndoodles´s last blog ..Wipe it! Wipe it good. =-.

This palette is seriously so easy to wear, and I think it’s actually the first neutrals palette I really love. If it weren’t so sparkly it’d be the perfect interview palette too! I’m still hunting for the *perfect* one of those though….

10. I looove asian drugstore makeup, it’s always a bit pricey if you think of it as drugstore, but the quality is so good I think it’s well worth it. I have a brown/neutral palette from Lavshuca which has amazing quality considering it’s drugstore. This is a lovely palette, the EOTD you did defines your eyes really well while looking nice and natural. Hope you’re having a good weekend! :D
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..Does Nutritic Lips Match Up to Ceralip? =-.

So true!! Ooh, I haven’t tried Lavshuca yet, but I love their packaging. I’ll probably cave on one sometime soon hehehe.

& thanks! The weekend was pretty good, lots of sightseeing and shopping hehe. :D

11. missmicchan says:

Really pretty colours, and it looks great on you! I’ve used Adambeauty before too — great shipping prices, takes a little long though
    .-= missmicchan´s last blog ..Stila 40% off sale at Hautelook =-.

Thanks! And oh, I actually didn’t think it was bad at all considering it comes all the way from Hong Kong. I am in California though so the package basically just has to get across the Pacific to get to me, versus other parts of the country.

Collecting more Visee palette? You should! you look gorgeous in this FOTD! I haven’t been purchasing any eye makeup for a while! I don’t know why, I guessed I purchased so much in the past and I have to use them!!!
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..Weekend Food Tripping at: =-.

I am totally eyeing the x Mercury Duo LEs!

And LOL. I really have to work on using all my eyeshadows too…. ^^;;

13. Popcorn says:

It looks sooo pretty! I think I’m going to get it~ The colors look sooo pigmented!
    Did you know that the new Visee palettes are on Ichibankao now. I was just looking through their wedsite and saw it! The case is sooo pretty!

Anyways I really like your ETOD~
    .-= Popcorn´s last blog ..Laura Mercier Goodies =-.

Aww, if you do I hope you love it as much as I do! It’s really the easiest neutral palette to throw on in the morning!

And OMG – thanks for letting me know!! :D