Birthday Love from Jess ♥ & FOTD!

Hi guys! As if my birthday couldn’t get any better, yesterday night after I got home I discovered a birthday package from Jess of Ohh… Pretty! all the way from Austria! Jess is such a sweetheart – she didn’t even know exactly when my birthday was and had to send the package twice because the post returned the package to her the first time LOL! But amazingly it came exactly on my birthday!

Surprise birthday package from Jess ♥ – all the way from Austria!!

Jess, I was truly amazed by your generosity! Jess sent me yummy caramel and pineapple candies, a bunch of samples, the Dr. Brandt Pores No More primer which I had expressed an interest in when it was on her blogsale & my first YSL!! She sent me the eyeshadow duo #23. She actually wrote that she originally bought me the RV in #9 Caress Pink but then remembered I can’t wear chemical SPFs so she went back to exchange it for something I could wear. ♥ She wrapped everything so beautifully too!!

My first YSL! The eyeshadow duo #23. Swatches

And so of course, here is my first FOTD with the YSL duo! I hope I did it justice – I am so happy with it because I’ve been looking for a good neutral duo for the longest time and I think this might just be the perfect color combination for me! The pink is peachy enough that it’s eye brightening but doesn’t make me look a little sick and the brown is really lovely, almost taupe. The finish is absolutely perfect too. Matte, but with little subtle sparkles so it’s not too flat or uninteresting. Thank you, Jess! ♥

Eyes: YSL Duo #23, UD Bourbon; Cheeks: Shu Uemura P Peach 45; Lips: Chanel Rouge Coco in Egerie

I’m also wearing the Shu Uemura blush and Chanel lipstick I bought yesterday. I think they really go well together – I’m finally able to do a sweet peachy FOTD like Jess is so good at! :D

THANK YOU SO MUCH JESS!!! ♥ ♥ ♥

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were sent to me as a gift from a friend. I am not affiliated with the manufacturers/distributors of any of these products and received no compensation for this post.

Tags: , , , ,

38 Responses to “Birthday Love from Jess ♥ & FOTD!”

1. Sheila says:

I agree, Jess is SO generous!! And one of the nicest people ever =D

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a really great one =)
    .-= Sheila´s last blog ..New shoes!! So purrty~ =-.

She is really so lovely. :D

Thank you! :D

Haha… yes the Austrian post is so stupid! :p
    Catherine, I think, the colors of the eyeshadow duo looks awesome on you! The peachy shade makes your eyes gleam so beautifully. Ohh… I’m so happy!

Rouge Coco Egerie looks stunning on you! The prettiest peachy look Ive seen on you!
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..Haul March 29th : In Love With Yves Saint Laurent… + F O T D : Fresh Peachy Spring Look =-.

You picked the perfect colors Jess!! I am so happy hehehe, I’ve always admired how elegant your FOTDs are and now I feel like I can achieve a similar look too – thank you so much Jess!!! ♥

& I am so happy to have found Egerie as well! I’ve been looking for a color like this for AGES!! :D

Jess responds:

It’s always super satisfying to have found something that oneself has been looking for the longest, right? I can totally feel with you, Catherine! ;)
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..Mini Haul : Estee Lauder Michael Kors Very Hollywood Collection =-.

3. Yes, you did do it justice…it looks gorgeous on you! How sweet of Jess to send that amazing b-day gift. Oh and yep, I’ve been to Griffith Observatory. I agree. :D
    .-= Shop N’ Chomp´s last blog ..Weekend Snapshots =-.

Aww thank you! :D

& dude, isn’t it a cool place? I visited with SO’s dad actually, when we drove down from the Bay Area at the end of winter break and it’d been on his “to-see” list since he came to the United States because of James Dean & Rebel Without a Cause LOL.

Shop N' Chomp responds:

Omg, how cute!!!!
    .-= Shop N’ Chomp´s last blog ..Paul & Joe To Open First U.S Store =-.

Awwww Jess is superrr sweet!!! And that she went to exchange the product after remembering that u r allergic to spf’s. I just tried out that pores no
    more pore refiner too and I am loving it, it’s the only successful product I’ve tried so far that keeps my oilys at bay!! I am going to need go buy a bigger bottle next time for sure :D and I love ur eotd, so fresh looking :)

Isn’t she such a sweetie?!

Unfortunately I’m not having quite as much luck with the Pores No More this time (I remember the first time I tried it it worked awesomely!) but I’m not using the same sunscreen and my skin’s been all weird lately too so that might have something to do with it lol. I’ll have to keep testing.

& aww, thank you! I am so happy because I can finally easily achieve a fresh-faced look! Jess does it so well and so effortlessly.

5. coffretgorge says:

ohhh look at that gorgeous love bomb! Jess is sooo sweet and thoughtful (im amazed by her ability to retain the info regarding the chemical SPF’s!)

lovely FOTD catherine! the colors look great on you, so sweet and pretty. :)
    .-= coffretgorge´s last blog ..The Junkisei Prime Mask + Thank you’s =-.

I was so shocked when I received everything & more touched when I read her note.

& thank you! I try to go for sweet and pretty for everyday and now she’s made it so easy for me. :D

6. I’m glad you’re having a good birthday :) this is so sweet, especially that she remembered about the sunscreen. and omg egerie is pure amazingness on you
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..Shimmery Taupe Nails =-.

I have to say, this is probably the best birthday I’ve ever had. =)

& ty! I’ve been looking for a color like this for AGES! I was trying to decide between it and Orchidee (which went better with my makeup and dress when I was trying it on) but I told the SA as much as she told me they actually only had one of Egerie left so it must be fate LOL.

7. jen says:

The shadows are very pretty! :) What a sweet gift :) The Chanel lipstick is SO pretty!!!! :) I love the color on your lips. Very peachy :) You’re lucky to have full lips…it rocks any lipstick!
    .-= jen´s last blog ..Mini ELF haul & new apartment =-.

Thank you!

& lol, you’re too kind. Up close my lips are dry, flaky and deeply lined, but I do agree the Rouge Coco and Stickglosses do photograph well so I can pretend I have pretty lips lol. =)

the eyeshadow looks really pretty on you! :)
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..A Piece of Me… in April 2010 =-.

Yay, thank you! :D

9. Charlotte says:

So much birthday love! \(^o^)/
    Looks like overall you did really well this year. Hehe. The YSL eye-shadows suit you so well. You’ve got the perfect colouring for them and they blend in naturally.
    .-= Charlotte´s last blog ..D’Beauty Shop Dueba Circle Lenses Review =-.

I have been so overwhelmed, really!! My birthday is usually somewhat depressing but I’m really happy to have made some wonderful friends through blogger this year (and especially ones who understand this whole makeup and skincare thing!).

& thank you! Jess really did an amazing job picking them out for me. =)

what color chanel lippie did you get? What a sweet b-day love pack! Your FOTD is so cute, very fresh!
    .-= amynaree´s last blog ..Dupe Discovery: Chanel Coco Rouge 05 – Revlon Soft Rose =-.

I got Egerie! I think I swatched every single one they had a tester of and tried on 4 of them (Mademoiselle, Orchidee, Taffetas Rose were the other ones). I was kind of torn between Egerie and Orchidee because both are so pretty, but I’ve been looking for a color like Egerie FOREVER. Plus, when the SA went to look there was only one of Egerie left so then she said I HAD to get it LOL. And I’m really glad I did!

& ty! :D

11. *Anita* says:

what a lovely gift pkg from jess!! the shadow looks very pretty on you, i think you did a great job!! :) xx
    .-= *Anita*´s last blog ..March Madness =-.

I was so surprised!!

& thank you! :D

12. Vicki says:

hey my dear!! was it your birthday on monday? Mine too!!!! :)
    fabulous gifts!! :)
    vicki xo
    .-= Vicki´s last blog ..Let me eat cake…! =-.

Yes it was!! And how funny! Well happy belated to you too!!! :D

13. Marce says:

That’s so sweet of Jess! Your gift is so pretty! And the FOTD you did with it is very nice. XO
    .-= Marce´s last blog ..Review – Natura_faces Máscara Fantástica + Tagged! =-.

I was so surprised and touched by everything she sent!

& thank you! I felt like a ballerina a little. :D

14. sizbelle says:

lovely pressies frm jess and so lucky to reach on actual day! she is so thoughtful to get you those stuffs. hope you enjoy your bday!! and everyday!!

What are the chances, right?! Especially since she had to mail it out twice!!

& awww, thank you hon! :D

15. innerchild says:

Wow, Jess is the sweetest ever! Your YSL duo makes me drool, perfect for spring!
    .-= innerchild´s last blog ..Sephora VIB 15% Off Sale Event =-.

She really is! And the duo is so perfect, I ♥ it!

16. Tomi says:

That YSL Duo looks so sweet! The finish looks really unique in the picture of the swatches… I really like how your eye makeup turned out.

Thanks Tomi! :D

17. Caroline says:

Jess is so sweet & generous! hehe you lucky girl, Cat! I love the look you did! It’s such a light, springy, and sweet, pretty girly look! it’s LOVE on you hehe!! ^__^ You did a wonderful job, and I love that YSL shadow duo Jess gave you! Suits you perfectly! Congrats on your first YSL product! hehe I’ve yet to get mine sometime. :P lemming for the Nude Beige lipstick that all the beauty bloggers have and rave about! hehe ^_~ I think the Chanel lip stick that you chose compliments your look so well! So, great taste on that, as well! You look so effortlessly pretty in those pics!<3

<3 caroline
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..New Year…New Resolutions…New Blog Coming… =-.

Hey Caroline!! Thanks for all the compliments. :D

WOW jess is quite generous xD hehe! love the eyeshadow duo on you.. ohhh. sooooo pretty looking! i wish i was more of a pink person :P
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Lipstick Swatches on NC35 =-.

I was totally shocked!! & actually upon further investigation the #23 is actually described as a pale peach + mink brown… but it totally looks light pink on me, no? I think it’s because I’m yellow lol.

& LOL. I kind of wish I were more a red person, but it’s so much harder for me to wear!