NOTD – Royal Purple French

Hi guys, just wanted to share my most recent NOTD. I did this last Wednesday, I think. I was really happy I finally got to use the beautiful Zoya Hope that Diana sent me for my birthday (it’s her birthday today, btw!). It’s seriously one of the most beautiful, glowiest purples I’ve seen yet. It’s a medium, red-based royal purple. I can’t even capture the full glowiness because the polish is just so shiny!!

Orly Bonder, 2 coats Zoya Hope, french tip with OPI Merry Midnight, stripe with LA Colors ArtDeco Burnt Gold striping polish, Seche Vite

I wanted to do a glitter tip and figured what better than purple flaky glitter?! I was actually pretty happy with the way OPI Merry Midnight dried. It didn’t look all that good when I first put it on lol, and I added the gold stripe to camouflage the line. I really need more colors of striping polish! Anyway, hope you guys like this. I really love it. And I totally wore this to two poster presentations this week LOL.

Disclaimer: The products featured in this post were purchased by me with my own money which I earn at my day job or sent to me by a friend. Neither I nor my friend are affiliated with the manufacturers/distributors of any of these products and received no compensation for this post.

Tags: , , , ,

30 Responses to “NOTD – Royal Purple French”

1. Annabel says:

i like this! it matches my sweater. you were wearing this yesterday right at lunch? lol. good, now you can rest!
    .-= Annabel´s last blog ..be my japanese girl =-.

It totally does! And yup.

Duuuude, the weekends just aren’t long enough!! D:

Oh, Cat you have one of the biggest nail polish collection here I think, hehe… The purple looks great with the gold stripe.
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..Love Package + Yves Saint Laurent La Laque 41 Beige Mousseline Swatch =-.

Teeheehee. I probably do. But I swear there are ladies on the MUA Nail board with 3x the number of polishes I have!

3. Denysia says:

LOVE LOVE the nail polish! I’ve been looking for some purple! :D
    .-= Denysia´s last blog ..Shopping and shoes! =-.

Thanks! Ohhh, you have to check out this one then. Zoya makes some really lovely purples – do look at Zara too, it’s a light purple with gold shimmer, it’s really gorgeous. China Glaze Let’s Groove is amazing as well, and L.A. Colors Purple Glitter. Those are probably my favorite purples. =)

4. Caroline says:

I always lovee your NOTDs!! You have such a creative & artistic mind, Ms. Cat! :P The purple looks very royal indeed! ^_^ Hope you’re having a splendid weekend so far, love!

♥ caroline

p.s. I set my blog to private bc I was working on my post…BUT I didn’t end up finishing!! haha so FAIL! ;___;
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..All You Can Eat SUSHI~!! =-.

Aww thanks hon! The weekend was pretty good, but too short! Always too short lol!

& ahhhh, I see. Well hope you finish it soon. =P

5. dude you’re so skilled lol. OPI Merry Midnight is so freaking pretty! You should do a full nail manicure with that sometime. Doing anything fun this weekend?
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..EOTD: (Wearable) Starburst (Inspired) =-.

Aww thanks hon. I’m really not lol – I totally suck at french-tipping but the gold glitter brush is so easy to use and it covers up all the evidence lol. I did do a full manicure with Merry Midnight here. I really need to wear it again though – it’s such a gorgeous polish.

this purple is so lovely! gah every time I look at your nails, I droll over them (not in a perverted way) because your nails are simply perfect, and the way I want mine to be, but they don’t want to behave! grrr! I noticed my nails have been getting weaker recently too and chip off easily, make I shouldn’t have stopped taking biotin to keep my nails strong and long! New nail polish day is always an exciting day, which reminds me, I need to go paint my nails tonight <3 Right after I admire all the goodies I got in the mail from YOU of course, hehehe <3
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..Happy Friday (& Giveaway Reminder!) =-.

Isn’t it beautiful!? It’s really honestly even better in real life. Absolutely gorgeous. The application was ok too. I’m not a huge fan of Zoyas for consistency, but Hope was one of the better ones.

& awww, hope you figure out your nails. It definitely took me a while to get mine here and what you don’t see is my right hand every week lol! My left hand always looks MILES better than my right hand – the left corners of my index and middle finger nails keep flaking and breaking all the time. I’m still trying to figure out how to fix them. T_T;

Hope you had a chance to paint your nails! And yay! Glad to hear you got the package safely! :D :D :D Happy birthday again!!!! ♥

your nails definitely reminded me of the ROYALTY! I love this!
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..Eureka Moment: My Popcorn Pen =-.

Awww, thank you Nikki!! You’re the nail art queen so that means a lot to me. :D :D :D

Love the shade! It’s so pretty :)
    I got my drawer in my local supermarket. I think you can easily find one there too :)
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..How I Store My Makeup (Temporary) =-.

It’s so much better in real life too!

& oooh, thanks! I’ll definitely keep my eye out. It’s really such the cutest perfect little organizer!

9. missmicchan says:

Love the colour, it pops! :)

I wish you guys could see it in real life! It’s seriously amazing!

10. yumeko says:

thats hot
    but then u know i love purple!
    .-= yumeko´s last blog ..BYS Cosmetics Review + EOTD! =-.

Hahaha, thanks!! I love purple too! :D

11. Claryn says:

Love the purple + gold combination… classic!!!
    .-= Claryn´s last blog ..First Bloggy: Cream Collon =-.

Thanks hon! :D

Preeeeetty!!! Hope is so gorgeous and elegant!!!
    .-= Blair´s last blog ..Pink Leopard Print =-.

Hehe, thanks! Hope is really beautiful. It looks 10x better in real life, at least! My camera just wouldn’t capture the depth and glowiness!

13. the glitter tip is pretty! The gold and the purple create a neat contrast.
    .-= Pop Champagne´s last blog ..Hello Sexy… =-.

Thanks! I was really pleased at how it came out. I never really thought of using Merry Midnight as a glitter before since it’s so gorgeous on it’s own but I’m glad I thought of it hahahaha.

cute cute cute!! makes me want to make purple+gold earrings, hahaha xD
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..MAC Pigment Swatches NC35 =-.

15. I heart the purple and gold combo! =D

16. Tomi says:

OMG This is the bombb!!!

eeeeee hope looks so pretty! i like the subtle difference of the purple tip too :)
    .-= mayaari´s last blog ..Dim Sum, Shopping, and Dinner with Kay =-.