“Friday” FOTD – Shu Uemura PK 369

Hey guys! So it’s not exactly Friday anymore, but I’m still posting a “Friday” FOTD LOL. This is actually from two Tuesdays ago, I believe? I’ve been really into wearing minimal eye makeup and bright lips/cheeks, especially since I seem to be so pressed for time every morning nowadays! A bright lip is way easier to just swipe on as you’re rushing out the door. Shu Uemura’s Rouge Unlimited in PK 369 ($23) is my new favorite bright lip.

Eyes: UD 24/7 Underground; Cheeks: R&R X-Rated, Laura Mercier Gilded Garden Shimmer Bloc; Lips: Shu Uemura Rouge Unlmited PK 369

I got it fairly recently at my last stop to the Shu Uemura counter at my local Neimans before it’s gone for good. (The only other thing I got was the Face Architect Smoothing foundation in 754, which is a perfect match for me right now.) PK 369 came out in Shu Uemura’s recent “Pink Collection” where they claim to have engineered actual pink pigment (rather than mixing red and white) for a truer, neutral pink color. PK 369 is described as a hot vivid pink and it’s very similar to MAC’s Girl About Town (bright, slightly blue-based), at least from the swatches I’ve seen. While I like MAC’s Amplified Cremes ok (I have and love Impassioned), I didn’t want to buy Girl About Town because they’re still a little drying and high maintenance for me (though admittedly about 40% cheaper). Lucky for me Shu Uemura had a Rouge Unlimited in almost the same color. :D

Shu Uemura’s Rouge Unlimiteds are my second favorite lipstick formula (my first favorite is Laura Mercier’s Stickglosses and we all know how much I LOVE those). PK 369 is my third Rouge Unlimited, and it’s my FAVORITE. It’s a creme finish, and in my opinion way smoother and more hydrating than the two shimmers I have. It’s a pretty pigmented color, but it can be sheered out or layered for full opacity. I’m wearing about 2 layers on my lips in the above FOTD.

The swatch shown here is one swipe. I don’t find any of my Rouge Unlimiteds to be particularly moisturizing or conditioning, but they don’t dry out my lips at all (which is more than can be said about practically every other lipstick formula!) and they always photograph SO WELL! I think, in real life, the Stickglosses look more forgiving to liplines and dryness, but because they are so glossy and less pigmented, they don’t always photograph as nicely. On the other hand, the Rouge Unlimiteds can look not so amazing in real life, but blur away every imperfection on film. Furthermore, the Rouge Unlimiteds come in a much wider variety of colors and finishes compared to the Stickglosses. Between the two formulas I think they have almost every lipstick color I’ll ever want. =)

The product featured in the post was purchased by me. I am not affiliated to the manufacturers/distributors of this product and received no compensation for this post.

Tags: , , ,

30 Responses to ““Friday” FOTD – Shu Uemura PK 369”

that is a super pretty pink, and totally brightens up your look, and matches your outfit too :) I really like shu lippies’ packaging. Just looks so different, and I like how we can see the color right outside of the tube!
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..Finished Products in April =-.

Isn’t it gorgeous?! And yes… because I am tacky and matchy matchy like that lol.

& LOL. I think you might be one of the only people that likes Shu’s lipstick packaging. I don’t mind it so much per se, but it’s definitely not as pretty as I think it should be LOL. The regular packaging is also so sad looking compared to the Tsumori Chisato LE packaging. I agree it’s really convenient to see the color though!

2. Bright Pink looks STUNNING on you! Beautiful look!
    .-= Jamilla Camel´s last blog ..What is the biggest regret in your life thus far? (if any at all) =-.

Thanks Jamilla! :D

Catherine, you look great with that bright pink lipstick! Also, your lips look super smooth and moisturized!
    Love how you took the pictures of the lipstick!
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..A non beauty related post… Fashion related?! =-.

Thanks! & yeaaaa – that’s totally the lipstick! I’m continually amazed at how well the Rouge Unlimiteds photograph! My lips can look all dry and gross in real life and on camera they capture as totally smooth and perfect!!

the lippie looks gorgeous!!!
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..Nail Art Tutorial: Simplest Nail Art Design Ever! =-.

Thanks Nikki! :D

Love it! Your makeup and outfit reminds me of a candycane! Such pretty bright colours! I think a bright lip makes your whole being kind of..light up and seem happier! Maybe I should try it too! =D
    .-= Jian´s last blog ..Chanel Foundation & Mac Fix+ Spray Haul, Skirts and Shoes =-.

Thanks! And LOL. That’s my new favorite scarf. :D

& duuuuuude I totally agree!!! The right lipstick will just totally light up your face because it will bring out the natural rosiness of your cheeks. Barring finding that (I’m still looking for my perfect bronze/coppper… all the ones I have are too drying to wear often), matching your blush with your lipstick accomplishes the same goal. :D

hahaha oh the delicate balance between what looks good in photographs VS real life :P haha!
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Hair Dye – PIC HEAVY! =-.

LOL IKR?! Ideally I would have something that looks PERFECT in real life and in photographs, but oh well LOL.

7. fuz says:

That lip color is adorable!
    .-= fuz´s last blog ..Weekend Shopping Therapy =-.

Thanks! It’s a really fun color for Spring/Summer I think. :D

8. jen says:

That shade of pink is gorgeous on you! I have to try some of Shu Umera lipsticks. They look highly moisturizing and I love cream finishes. What a nice color to go out in :)
    .-= jen´s last blog ..weekend haulage =-.

Thanks! Oh you really do! Shu Uemura’s Rouge Unlimiteds are some of the most moisturizing out there. I’m only a bit hard on them because I have really desert-dry, sensitive lips (like, most cult favorites aren’t moisturizing enough for me). I think just about everyone else loves them haha. The cremes are definitely my favorite. The shimmer finishes just aren’t as smooth feeling. They have such a lovely range of colors too! :D

The color is really vibrant, it looks great on you :). But I don’t I will be able to pull that color… :D
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..Love Package from Katie & Y =-.

Thanks! And aww, of course you could! It’s just all about finding the right blush to go with it and then getting used to seeing yourself in brights. Like with bright eyeshadow too. =)

10. Arianne says:

You’re pretty in pink!

I’ve been loving bright lipsticks now too! And I’m usually an eye makeup kinda girl. But you’re right, sometimes you just can’t get bothered with a lot of eye makeup, and a bright lipstick is the way to go.
    .-= Arianne´s last blog ..My Adventures at Target. =-.

LOL! Ok I feel kinda bad that I still haven’t seen that movie.

Duuude I hear you! Sometimes all I have time for is mascara & then a bright lip just instantly makes you look put together. =)

11. blu3 says:

love the lipstick! Its such a pretty pink :) I still need to show my Shu lippies more love…they’re, erm, untouched in boxes still :P
    .-= blu3´s last blog ..The Face Shop sheet masks =-.

Oh man, the blasphemy!! LOL!! =P They are really lovely lipsticks – I hope you have fun trying them out! :D

12. Katy says:

That’s a really pretty lip color… I love it. I always wear pinks and corals in the spring/summer. You look great too babe!
    .-= Katy´s last blog ..Fitness Classes  =-.

Thanks!! :D

I have yet to find my perfect bright coral – got any recs?

13. tomi says:

Hey Catherine! Dude I always love the lipsticks that have clear packaging, that way I’m not picking up a lipstick and then realizing it’s not the one I wanted.. :(. The pink is cute!

Hahaha, it’s funny that Shu’s lipsticks have lovers and haters on both sides. I have to agree the packaging isn’t exactly awe-inspiring, but I do agree it’s way more functional! I am always picking through my LM lipsticks (and the stupid things’ caps are angled so I can’t stick them upside down!!). I kind of wish they had nicer packaging with just the top of the lid clear. Actually, I wish ALL LIPSTICKS were like this. Like the Covergirl Trushines!

14. That color looks super super pretty on you! I think brights go so well with your skintone, especially bright pinks. I really like Shu’s packaging too, it looks cool (and useful!)
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..Miscellaneous Monday Morsels 5/10 =-.

Thanks hon! I love wearing brights! I think a lot of people are scared of them and think they can’t pull ‘em off, but it’s really just about finding the right pairings and then wearing it with confidence. Brights are fun! :D

& lol, I think everyone’s torn on Shu’s packaging. I do wish more of my lipsticks were see through! It’s so annoying rooting around in my lippie drawer. T_T;

15. Caroline says:

Cat!!♥

lol…i am slowly but surely catching up all of your posts that I’ve missed/been behind on! haha so, you can expect some sporadic notifications of comments from me!

I lovee bright lips! Girl, you are so ready for summer!!<3 gotta love the neutral eyes (haha i'm lazy) and yes, a bright lippy is way easier to swipe on while you're rushing out the door…OR when you get to the bathroom of wherever you're going to haha :P I love your outfit, cat! so colorful and bright and cute! YOU!!<3 lol ^_^

♥ caroline
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..Randomness: Walgreens Mini Haul + Nail Polish Haul + FOTN =-.

Aww hahaha. You’re too sweet. I don’t really expect anyone to read ALL my posts lol!

& aww thanks! I love wearing brights – I find it kind of … brightening! LOL! & thanks!! I’m just tacky and matchy-matchy like that lol. =)