Zoya Polish Exchange, part 2 (VERY PICTURE HEAVY)

Hi guys! To help people decide on which Zoya nail polishes to exchange for, I’m going to post swatches of (almost) all of my Zoya nail polishes, with a short description of the consistency/application. All of the following swatches were done with no base coat or top coat. For each swatch, I started with one coat on the pinky nail, then two on the ringfinger nail and so on until I reached enough coats for full coverage, to try and show the opacity of the polish. I also did not clean up any of my swatches because I thought it would show how easy or hard a particular polish was to work with (well, and it would have taken me hours longer lol). Every picture can be clicked on to see the full-size version. I apologize for my cuticles in advance, but I did swatch 17 polishes and then 12 polishes at a time!

Zoya Dulcinea, in shade, up to four coats.
This one unfortunately was fairly streaky, even with many coats. I don’t know if trying to use Seche Vite over it would help it self-level better.
Zoya Cassi, indirect sunlight, up to three coats.
This one was surprisingly opaque and easy to use! It has a little bit more of a goopy consistency, but it didn’t run all over the place and self-leveled incredibly well. I am really happy with this one because I’ve been looking for a color like this forever. :D
Zoya Bijou, indirect sunlight, up to 4 coats.
Bijou is very sheer. It’s also fairly goopy, but in the bad non-drying, I’m going to streak all over the place kind of way. I assume if I had given it longer to dry, it would have turned out better, but it’s one of those polishes I’m not sure will ever reach opacity. That being said, it IS a neon jelly.
Zoya Sylvie, direct & indirect sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Sylvie is pretty much a perfect 3-coater. It has a medium consistency and is one of my favorite Zoya polishes. It’s not quite as orange/red as the pictures show. In real life it has a distinct strawberry pink tone (especially if you stand it next to real red polishes).
Zoya Gilda, direct sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Gilda is from the most recent Sparkle collection. It’s a bright fuschia pink jelly with glass fleck glitter. It’s really beautiful. The formula was pretty good. It looks a bit thin and watery at first but it builds very nicely. Not too hard to control either.
Zoya Lola, indirect and direct sunlight, 1 coat only.
Lola is a very impressive neon pink with slight blue pearl. It really really really is that bright, if not a tad brighter. Lovely formula too.
Zoya Hayden, indirect sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Hayden is also a neon pink, but it’s got more blue shimmer and is much less warm and much less bright than Lola. It’s a lot sheerer, as well and it has glass fleck glitters in it. The application of this one was ok, a little watery.
Zoya Happi, direct and indirect sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Happi is gorgeous. It’s an electric pink shot through with a very yellow gold duochrome shimmer. I positively love it. The formula is quite nice too. It floods a little if you aren’t careful but overall no biggie.
Zoya Deidra, indirect and direct sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Deidra is like Zara’s sophisticated mom. It’s a mauvey light purple with understated gold duochrome shimmer. It’s a work-safe polish, but it is beautiful. The formula is average but non-streaky and levels well. It would be lovely as a sheer if you didn’t have stained nails like me.
Zoya Zara, direct and indirect sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Oh Zara is beautiful. Probably my favorite Zoya polish. Light lavender purple with amazing gold duochrome shimmer. It’s got a fairly nice formula. It can pool around the outer edges of your nails if you apply too much, but other than that, it’s pretty nice, self-leveling, non-streaky. It is also beautiful as a sheer.
Zoya Shivon, direct and indirect sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Shivon is a gorgeous medium plummy berry with gold shimmer duochrome. You know, Zara is really popular, but Zoya has a lot of shades with beautiful gold shimmer! It really comes to life in Shivon. The base color is much more like the indirect light pinky berry than as red as the direct light picture. The formula is really easy to work with. A little thin, but it doesn’t run everywhere.
Zoya Rihana, indirect and direct sunlight, up to 2 coats.
Rihana is a little more berry and a bit less red than the pictures show. The formula is a little on the watery side, but not so bad that it goes all over the place.
Zoya Kalista, direct and indirect sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Kalista is a really pretty brown burgundy. The formula is a little thin and goopy on this one, makes it just streaky enough that it’s not easy to put on and you have to go with three coats.
Zoya Divincia, direct and indirect sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Divincia is more berry than as red as it looks here. It’s a nice fall vampy color without being all that vampy. It has a very thin texture though, that I had a hard time keeping from flooding my cuticles and the sides of my nails.
Zoya Yasmeen, direct and indirect sunlight, up to 3 coats.
So… everyone who said I need Zoya Yasmeen was right. They said it was the most awesome purple ever and I just wasn’t convinced by the swatches but WAOH that berry/gold duochrome lit from within glow is amazing! Yasmeen’s formula is only mediocre, a little thin and watery and goopy at the same time like many Zoyas I have, but it evens out nicely in three coats.
Zoya Hope, direct and indirect sunlight, up to 2 coats.
I wish I could capture what a beautiful royal red-purple Hope is. This swatch is pretty weak… My NOTD here shows the color much better, and even then Hope is about 10x glowier and more beautiful. Formula floods a little, but overall is not too bad.
Zoya Mimi, direct and indirect light, up to 3 coats.
I wish my camera would capture Mimi. I had to color correct the images because my camera turns Mimi blue. It’s also a beautiful royal purple jelly, a little less red than Hope. It’s bright like the first picture, but closer in color to the second. The formula on this one was REALLY sheer and thin and watery on the first coat but it quite amazingly became pretty much opaque on the third.
Zoya Harmonie, direct and indirect sunlight, up to 4 coats.
Harmonie is a cool-toned lavender for sure, but it’s still just a little less blue than the pictures show. (My camera wants to turn everything blue.) It’s a little streaky and very sheer.
Zoya Adina, direct and indirect sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Man look at the crazy duochrome in that! The formula is average for Zoya. Not super easy to work with, but not particularly hard either. It’s medium consistency, not too goopy.
Zoya Freja, direct sunlight, up to 3 coats.
You could probably get away with 2 coats on this one, but I went up to 3. The formula is that streaky, starting to get goopy consistency that I hate some Zoyas for. It does mostly fix itself by the third coat though.
Zoya Akyra, direct sunlight, up to 5 coats.
First off, my camera hates me. I’m not that orange and Akyra is more blue. I really love the color of this one but it’s just such a PITA. It’s really really sheer and it has that same goopy/streaky, mess of a formula that Freja has except it’s compounded because it’s sheer.
Zoya Suvi, direct sunlight, up to 3 coats.
So, Suvy is similar to Akyra in the sheer department, but it has a less goopy, more watery consistency that means it leaves mad bald patches and floods to the sides of your nails if you try to put on too much at a time. Miraculously, it fixes itself within 3 coats.
Zoya Irene, direct and indirect sunlight, up to 3 coats.
Irene has a decent formula. It’s not particularly goopy or gross. It’s probably one of the nicer Zoyas I first got.

Whoo! That was 23 nail polishes! The only Zoyas I have I didn’t swatch are Ginessa and Ibiza. Ginessa is a goopy piece of crap (brilliant white glass fleck shimmer) which I only use for french tips (I plan on thinning it though) and Ibiza is a gorgeous deep navy blue that stains my nails after 5 seconds (I swatched it here). Well, I do hope that helped someone out there. Remember, the Zoya Polish Exchange runs until June 30th!

Tags:

29 Responses to “Zoya Polish Exchange, part 2 (VERY PICTURE HEAVY)”

1. Thanks for the swatches, they look really great! I’m definitely heading over to Zoya right now to browse through the polishes!
    .-= kaisermimivii´s last blog ..NYC Blush Sticks,Ulta and Essence Eye Shadows & Orly =-.

Have fun!!! :D :D :D

i loveee cassi and bijou.. you know, for being pink. hahaha. sylvie looks pretty too! and of course i love happi :D

crap, now i need yasmeen. hahahaa. *adds to wishlist with a resigned look on my face*
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..One reason why… =-.

Aren’t they cuuuuute?! And aw come on! Bijou is a neon coral and Cassi is totally a soft peach. And actually, Sylvie does pretty much look like a bright red in isolation (it’s similar to China Glaze Raspberry Festival), it’s just not a true red, iykwim. And none of them are anywhere near the kind of pink that Lola is! =P I think Bijou would be super hot on you, actually! :D

& LOL. SORRY!

3. eri says:

wow! thanks for all the swatches! such great colors!
    .-= eri´s last blog ..may already?!!? =-.

You’re welcome! :D

4. yayy props to you for doing all these swatches. omg I love Zara!! so much. the duochrome is just incredibly gorgeous. I’m considering doing this, so I could get some of the colors I really want.
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..Miscellaneous Monday Morsels 5/10 =-.

You’re very welcome! Oh yes, Zara is really stunning! You should try and see if you can find 6 polishes if you can. It’s really a great deal, especially considering that Zoya truly has some gorgeous colors. And you have ’till June 30th! :D

5. sizbelle says:

wow thats a whole lots of polishes you swatched on. no wonder you complained on your poor cuticles now i know why! haha

is pink your very now fav?? i see lots of pink…
    .-= sizbelle´s last blog ..Winner – Draw 2 of K-Palette Eyeliner + Surprise Gift =-.

Dude, that’s not even all of them! There are some more other polishes I’ll put up next week or so lol. But yes… my poor cuticles lol, they’re so angry at me right now! I’m trying to remember to use hand creme every day but I forget a lot.

And hahaha. Pink & purple are my absolute favs. I can’t really choose between the two but I think I have more pinks than purples at the moment.

OMGGGG thank you so much my dear!!! ahhh this was really helpful, I hope your cuticles are okay! hahaha. maybe you could try to leave a gap between your cuticles and the polish in your next swatches so your poor cuticles won’t suffer :( *hugs* Thank you thank you so much for the swatches, and I am really happy that “happi” is such a gorgeous color! yay now i’m even more excited about getitng my package, hopeufly tomorrow!!

You also gave me the idea to swatch my nail polishes in my upcoming blogposts. I also really liked how you did 1 coat, 2 coats, etc variations on each nails so we can see the opacity. *big hugs*
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..Finished Products in April =-.

Aww yayyyyy! I’m glad you found it helpful. You’re gonna LOVE Happi! :D

& dude, I tried as hard as possible to not flood my cuticles, but the polish remover got them no matter what ’cause I was using the bucket thingy lol. I also have shimmer/glitter all the way up my fingers LOL.

7. tomi says:

Your nails look great and so nicely shaped! It’s too bad bijou applies messily because that color looks awesome!! Very jelly-ish. I’m still regretting not buying Adina… darn..
    .-= tomi´s last blog ..Turquoise with Warm Browns =-.

Aww thank you! They’re all short and stubby right now because I went rock climbing with SO last week. Bijou is really awesome. I think if I were actually painting the nails on both my hands it wouldn’t have been as bad. And if I didn’t have half orange nails from Sinful Cloud 9. T_T;

Adina is really pretty. I actually haven’t worn it yet though! It feels like more of a winter color to me for some reason. But I’m weird like that lol. I don’t think I’ve worn a dark purple since February.

8. Denysia says:

I love the pinks! Their all so pretty looking! :D
    .-= Denysia´s last blog ..Busy! =-.

Pinks and purples are my favorites! :D

wow, I salute you for all the swatches! I find it so lazy to remove polishes ;)
    .-= Nikki´s last blog ..AMW Reviews: Maybelline Volum’ Express Magnum Waterproof Mascara =-.

LOL thanks!! These weren’t bad at all though, I actually did them in two sittings in a few hours each. I photographed all these before they were totally dry to move on to the next one (running out of sunlight!) so they were all pretty easy to take off. Just my nails and cuticles are totally dried out because of it lol.

LOL, i just commented that I wanted to see your swatches, didn’t know that you’ve swatched them already :D. Love all the colors, esp. Cassi and Happi!
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..Love Package from Katie & Y =-.

Hahaha, no worries! I wanted them to be up quickly but I thought it’d be a little overwhelming if everything were in one post lol.

I love Cassi and Happi too! :D

11. Sabrina says:

Amazing work here! I can’t believe how many swatches there are! You’ve stirred up quite a few lemmings already for me. TY!

Thanks Sabrina! :D

Which ones are you eyeing?

12. Linda says:

Whoa! That’s a lot of nail polishes! =] I really like Zoya Cassi. It’s such a pretty color. I liked how you did gradual coats of nail polish so we can see the color build up.
    .-= Linda´s last blog ..Chocolate Covered Strawberries =-.

Dude, IKR? I think a over a fourth of my collection is Zoya now. But I really do love their nail polish haha. & Cassi is such a cute color. It’s my new interview/conference/presentation color. :D

& glad you liked the swatches! :D

13. lol you almost have their whole collection! Im really digging the nude tones of the nail polish a lot.
    .-= Pop Champagne´s last blog ..Sizzling Champagne: Marisa Miller =-.

LOL. Not even close! If I did my math correctly they have 352 colors of nail polish!! O_O;

And hahaha, I am sadly not a nudes fan at all. I’m too much of a magpie lol.

ok, totally going to find 6 more polishes to exchange *just* so I can get Lola and Deidre :) thanks for doing all of these swatches, hope you slather on some hand cream and give your cuticles some TLC! I’m going to try and do at least a few swatches of the ones I got tonight :)
    .-= mayaari´s last blog ..New Makeup Organization =-.

LOL! But you will love them! Deidra is such a cool work-safe polish and Lola is just WOW! & you can send pens, minis, treatments, whatever!

& you’re very welcome! I’m glad that they were helpful. I am definitely slathering on the hand cream like mad. I STILL have some shimmer/glitter stuck on my fingers from using the CVS tub for removal LOL!!

Can’t wait to see your swatches! :D

15. [...] sale right now! Use code BOGO5 ’til Nov. 5th! You can see all my Zoya nail polish swatches here, and all my posts mentioning Zoya here (NOTDs, hauls, etc). I’m a huge fan of Zoya polishes [...]