Friday FOTD: Fyrinnae Gold Smoky Eye and R&R All-Nighter

Hi guys, super quick post today! Here’s a FOTD from last week where I’m wearing Rock & Republic All-Nighter blush and a smoky Fyrinnae eye. I’m wearing All-Nighter with a pretty light hand and with bronzer, but it’s a lovely natural, glowy orange-coral. Great for summer!

Eyes: Fyrinnae Polar Bear, Newcastle, Bastet, HIP Chrome Gold, UD Gunmetal; Cheeks: R&R All-Nighter, tokidoki Diavolina; Lips: Laura Mercier Peach Sorbet;

I’m sad to report that our derby car didn’t do so well in the time trials. We had some structural issues with welding last night… BUT – today’s SunGod Festival. I’m about to jump in the shower and head out with my BFFs. We’ll be doing nails & makeup at my place later. Will probably update with posts and pics about the derby and the festival this weekend. Stay tuned. =)

Tags: , , , , ,

31 Responses to “Friday FOTD: Fyrinnae Gold Smoky Eye and R&R All-Nighter”

This is one of the most beautiful looks ever, Catherine! I think the darker eyeliner really defines your eyes and adds so much more depth! The gold smoky shades are stunning! LOVE this look! <3
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..Mini MAC Haul : Pret À Papier and To The Beach + Moto Jewelry + Mix n Match Outfits For Spring/Summer =-.

Aww thank you Jess! :D

2. Stephanie says:

very pretty! I’m a fan of gold on the lower lash line! Love it!
    .-= Stephanie´s last blog ..Key of Love + photo shoot =-.

Thanks!! That’s actually Fyrinnae Polar Bear over the HIP gold liner. The gold liner by itself is a little less bright and warmer, but when I layer powder over it it sticks like GLUE for HOURS!

3. Maggie says:

I love Chrome Gold, it just (for lack of better term) POPS!! :D
    .-= Maggie´s last blog ..Happy (almost) Mother’s Day! + BBLL (5/8/10) =-.

Hehe thanks! That’s actually Fyrinnae Polar Bear layered over Chrome Gold. The liner by itself is a bit more muted but it acts as an amazing creamy base and makes Polar Bear really stand out. :D

beautiful! the gold liner on the bottom lid is a really nice addition! yay have fun doing nails and makeup soon!! :)
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..Shopping in SF with May =-.

Thank you!! I love doing bold liner on the bottom. I’m top-eyeliner-challenged LOL, so that’s the most fun I can have with liner.

& thanks!! We were a little pressed for time, but it was still a lot of fun! Post coming tomorrow probably. :D

5. Crystal says:

I think the gold color really flatters Asian Skin tones. Very pretty look!^0^

Thank you! Golds make me look so bronze, I think because my skintone is very very warm, but I love them anyway haha.

6. Definitely a great summer look. Have fun this weekend!! =D

Thank you!! My friends and I had a pretty untraditional SunGod (we opted to not freeze our butts off on the field and instead left the concert to have Tofu House and watch Iron Man 2 LOL) but I don’t know, I’ve never been much of a concerts person LOL. SO on the other hand is probably still partying it up haha.

7. oooh I love this look. Your eyes look absolutely stunning. and huge! Good combo of the gold liner which brightens up your eyes w/ the dark liner which defines them really well. Have fun at the sungod festival!
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..Love Thy Sunscreen =-.

Thank you! Brights on the inner corner of my bottom lashline and a deep dark color on the outer corner do the best job at accentuating my eye shape. It’s my only trick LOL.

& thanks! It was a pretty fun evening even if my friends and I didn’t stay for the entire concert (wayyyy too cold and we’re just not much of concerts people). We did have an awesome dinner at Tofu House and then went to see Iron Man 2 which was GREAT though! LOL!

makeup morsels responds:

aaaaaah tofu house! yumyum. what’d you get? hahah I was thinking of seeing iron man 2. the movie I really want to see when it comes out is avatar: the last airbender! lol looks so epic
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..Zip Zap Zorp =-.

Very pretty! Looks so golden-y :D. Have fun with your BFF!
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..Review: The Face Shop Post-Acne Nighttime Spot Eraser =-.

Thank you! I love golds for summer! :D

& thanks! We had a pretty awesome girls’ night out and we’re trying to hang out more now. :D

9. Caroline says:

Cat!♥

aww, what a perfect golden summer look!! I LOVES it!! dang, girl!! Hope you have a blast @ SunGod!! lol take lots of pics!! I expect it to be a PIC-HEAVY and not a text heavy post!! ;) i love eye candy!! yayy! haha :D

♥ caroline
    .-= Caroline´s last blog ..My Sasa Haul! =-.

Thanks!! Golds make my skin look soooooo tan LOL, I think because I’m so warm-toned but hey! it’s great for summer hahaha.

& thanks! I’m gonna try to put up pictures tomorrow. We actually didn’t end up staying at the concert for long at all since it was so cold and we didn’t really know anyone playing (sadly we missed Michelle Branch ;_;) but we had an awesome girl’s night out anyway. :D

Love the gold eyes! I was thinking of doing gold eyes today actually. Hmmmm…!!

Hope you have a great weekend! I wish I had such a fun weekend planned. In fact, I don’t have any plans..apart from a little bit of work T__T
    .-= Jian´s last blog ..Review: MAC Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 in NC20 & Video Review of Clarisonic PLUS =-.

Oh do do! I wanna see a gold FOTD from you! :D

& haha, SunGod is only Friday but I guess some people do party it up the whole weekend. I have to get back to work tomorrow too though poo. But I think Sunday SO’s taking me to get my bangs trimmed so I’m excited about that. Hope you have a relaxing weekend! :D

11. jen says:

This is my all time favorite look that you did so far! :D You look so beautiful and glowing!!! :D Hmm, Sun God.. sounds familiar!! Is it a concert in San Diego?! Maybe I am wrong! :p I went to a Sun God festival a few yrs ago!
    .-= jen´s last blog ..ELF, elf and more ELF! =-.

12. Cecilia says:

I agree with the person above, you look really glowy. I love the whole look, the blush and lip colour really compliment you!
    .-= Cecilia´s last blog ..Nail of The Day : Lancome Pop Petrol =-.

The gold that you used made your face really glowy and blooming! that’s a nice idea!

14. Ji says:

Wow the gold on the lower lash line really stands out! Love the look!♥
    .-= Ji´s last blog ..✿ deep winter sleep ✿ =-.

15. dblchin says:

omg! u look so pretty!!!

I love tha makeup on you!
    .-= dblchin´s last blog ..Hada Labo Preview Launch =-.

16. Anita says:

pretty look! i like the added touch of gold, it’s so flattering on you! xx
    .-= Anita´s last blog ..Cellnique – Gotta See It To Believe It – Review and Giveaway! =-.

Thanks! I’m a big fan of golds, peach-golds and beige-golds as inner tearduct highlights. :D

gorgeous look! i think your hair looks GREAT here :D
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Canadian Brand Makeup =-.

Aww thank you!! One of my rare good hair days LOL. (No, I’m kidding, my stylist is amazing and I’m continuously amazed at how I don’t have to do *anything* to my hair except part it properly in the morning.)

18. Very pretty! I love the gold on the lower part of your eyes!
    .-= K / bihadadiaries´s last blog ..Comparison: Beauty Blender vs Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge =-.