SunGod Festival

Hi guys, short post with lots of pictures today haha. Here are some pics from the SunGod Festival last Friday. My friends and I ended up not actually spending all that much time at the concert because it was SO COLD out! We left around 7pm and went to Tofu House for dinner before catching Iron Man 2. None of us are really concert or drinking people, so I think it was actually our best SunGod yet LOL.

Me, J & T at my apt.

We met up at my place first to play with makeup and nail polish, as is our pre-concert/dance tradition. T and I actually went out to lunch first, poor J got stuck at work and had to meet us about an hour late.

T‘s probably the least girly of the three of us so J and I always do her makeup. It’s kind of become a tradition by now haha, and I hope she does actually enjoy getting dolled up lol. I don’t have any pictures of nail polish, but T chose China Glaze Ruby Pumps for her fingers and Sinful Daddy’s Girl for her toes. For her eyes, she picked out Fyrinnae Parental Advisory from my collection and I put the rest together.

T, eye & face makeup by me, liner by J.
Eyes: Kat von D Galeano, Rad Purple, Lucifer (Beethoven), Fyrinnae Parental Advisory, HIP Chrome Violet Volt, Urban Decay Zero, Shiseido Perfect Mascara; Cheeks: Hard Candy Living Doll, Laura Mercier Gilded Garden; Lips: Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited in PK 369;

I chose to do a dramatic purple smoky eye paired with a soft pink cheek and toned down MLBB lips. Can you believe T‘s only wearing that bright shu lipstick sheerly? She has such perfect lips! & of course, I can’t and have never been able to do top liner, so I defer to J who is the queen of winged black liner. She always does such a perfect job! T was so funny, she kept on commenting that her eyes looked so big she was freaked out by them LMAO! :D

J‘s quickly becoming an expert at eyeshadow! I was unfortunately between doing my own makeup and T‘s while she did hers so I didn’t get to see what she used except that she borrowed my Kat von D Beethoven palette.

J did her own makeup.
Eyes: Kat von D Beethoven palette; Lips: clear lip gloss;

She did a really pretty blue smoky eye and kept the rest of the face light and fresh. I totally want to know what blush she used now teeheehee. We sadly didn’t get a chance to do J‘s nails since we were pressed for time (and actually we ended up missing the only part of the concert we really wanted to see…) but hopefully we’ll have another girl’s night in soon. =)

& I did mine.
Eyes: MAC Mutiny, HIP Showy duo teal, Fyrinnae Polar Bear, HIP Chrome Gold, Prestige WP Surf; Cheeks: Shu Uemura Lolly Cherry, Laura Mercier Gilded Garden; Lips: Chanel Egerie;

I opted to go with a bright teal and gold eye with coral pink cheeks and lips, almost exactly like a recent FOTD. It came out a little different though, I think because I didn’t layer 5 blushes LOL.

Anyway, like I alluded to earlier, the only part of the concert we were really interested in seeing was Michelle Branch, but we just barely missed her performance. Unfortunately neither J or I had gotten wristbands for the concert (they ran out at 3pm … wtf???) and so we used SO and his friends’ to get in, but by the time we managed to she was already leaving the stage. So we just kind of milled around for about two hours and watched a couple dance performances before we got too bored and too cold and left for a girls’ night out.

At the festival.

But we have pictures to prove we were there. =) I’m still sorting through Junkyard Derby pictures. That post will probably come later this week. =)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

33 Responses to “SunGod Festival”

Looks like you had so much fun! I’ve never played makeup with my friends, I think we should do that one day :D You all look so cute :)
    ryc: we haven’t named him yet, we just call him little puppy now :D
    .-= Dina (XYYan)´s last blog ..Food: Homemade Dumpling =-.

Aww, you totally should! It’s sort of our pre-dance/concert tradition though this was the first time we’ve gotten together like this in about a year and a half. Still lots of fun though!

2. tomi says:

Awh this is really cute!! I’m so excited I just got my Fyrinnae order (amazing!). Parental Advisory is made of win. I saw Iron Man II as well… It was AMAZING in my humble opinion. The plot wasn’t great but I mean come on how does that matter when there’s a ROBERT DOWNEY JR. somewhere in the picture!? Plus. I kind of have an obsession with the Marvel Universe :)
    .-= tomi´s last blog ..Review :: Dior 5 Color in Night Butterfly [swatches] =-.

Dude, Parental Advisory is AWESOME! I couldn’t get it to stick to T‘s lids very well, unfortunately, but I was afraid to try Epoxy on her since her lid space is so small to begin with.

& lol ITA. I loved Iron Man 2. :D

oo looks like so much fun! and you girls look really cute :)
    .-= Lulu´s last blog ..April rains ruined my Cherry Blossom Festival =-.

It was awesome! & thanks! :D

4. sizbelle says:

its soo fun to play dolling up, esp your gf! hmm wats sungod festival i wonder? we dun have this here!
    .-= sizbelle´s last blog ..Winners – 3rd round of K-Palette Real Lasting Eyeliner + Surprise Gift Pack Giveaway =-.

Yea! It was a blast, especially since it was the first time in about a year and a half!

& lol, the “Sun God Festival” is my campus’s biggest administration sponsored concert which is held every Spring Quarter at the end of 7th week.

Getting ready with your friends sounds like so much fun! It’s a pity that you missed Michelle Branch’s part :(
    .-= Blair´s last blog ..Weekend Acquisitions & Reviews =-.

It was! And it was the first time in like a year and a half! We used to go to dances more often when J was less busy… so it was definitely a treat!

6. Linda says:

Looks like so much fun! Yay for girl’s night out. =] Everyone’s makeup looks so nice too. Too bad you guys missed Michelle Branch. I loved her music back in the day. hahah
    .-= Linda´s last blog ..Weekend Update =-.

Yea! Our first one in forever!!!! I feel bad because we’re graduating soon and all going different places. We’re planning on maxing out spending time together this summer though LOL.

& duuuude I am still really sad about missing Michelle Branch even though other people have told me she was just ok. I really loved her music too. Haven’t heard much from her since though.

7. May says:

All of three of you look gorgeous! I love the eye makeup! It must have been so fun to play makeup with your friends. =) I never got the chance to do it with my friends as none of them are makeup junkies like me. =(

Aww thanks!! It’s the first time we’ve been able to get together and get all dolled up together in about a year and a half so I definitely missed it. I’m lucky that J is similarly obsessed like I am (though probably less so LOL) and T is so good natured LOL. =)

8. omg I would LOVE to see michelle branch in concert!! I do love her songs. Has she had any new songs out since her album “Hotel Paper”? You girls look fab btw!!
    .-= Pop Champagne´s last blog ..Blake Lively is a Bikini Hottie in Vogue =-.

Duuuude I’m still so sad we missed her! And I have no idea… I haven’t really heard anything from Michelle Branch in the last several years…?

AWww I love getting together and do each other’s make up :D That sounds like such a fun time w/ your friends!
    .-= ndoodles´s last blog .."i’m feeling rough, i’m feeling raw…" =-.

It was a blast! I only wish we’d had more time! LOL. I think it’s the first time we’ve gotten all dolled up together in about a year and a half… so it’s been a while!

10. fuz says:

How cute!! You look great wiht blue~~
    .-= fuz´s last blog ..Wanna Get to Know You =-.

Thanks Fuz! :D

yay for girl’s glam day :) I miss doing that with my friends. I love J’s threadless shirt too!

that’s a shame that you weren’t able to see Michelle Branch, but it looks like you had plenty of fun for the rest of the day :)
    .-= mayaari´s last blog ..Product Review: Urban Decay De-Slick In A Tube & Makeup Setting Spray =-.

It’s the first time we’ve been able to get together and get all dolled up together for almost a year and a half, I think! T‘s really big on t-shirts. She and her SO have matching PB&J ones LOL.

& yea… we’re not really much of concert people anyway and from what I hear we didn’t miss out on all that much.

12. Aw, you all look so pretty! *^_^* I love that blowup chicken/rooster in the background…hee hee.

Thanks!

& LOL – that’s the Sun God!!! =P

13. wow J’s got super winged liner skills, something that I will never have either. I love how all three of you did your makeup, very pretty and perfect for a girl’s night! LMAO I kind of want a miniature sun god to put in my bedroom, looks so funny
    .-= makeup morsels´s last blog ..Miscellaneous Monday Morsels 5/17 =-.

I KNOW RIGHT?!?! I’m so jealous lol, all my attempts are fail.

& haha thanks! Dude, I totally wish they would make Sun God plush toys for our school store. I would buy one. :D

14. jen says:

You guys all look so nice and pretty! Perfect concert attire :D The teal shadow looks gorgeous on you! :)
    .-= jen´s last blog ..Finally posted some things =) =-.

Thank you! :D

Yay for girls day out/night out, hehe… All of you looked super pretty! I love your fresh bright teal eyes. The blue smoky look of J is gorgeous too – so sexy, hehe…

I’m not a concert and drinking person either, but a big movie person, hehe… Iron Man 2 was the last movie I saw. It was not bad, huh? ;)
    .-= Jess´s last blog ..R E V I E W : Sisley Neck Cream + Goodies from Shainghainese Dumpling =-.

I was so happy to finally get to hang out with them! We haven’t gotten all dolled up together for like practically a year and a half! & duuude J is getting SO good at eye makeup! It’s really challenging for her since her eye shape is so unique, but I loooooved her eye makeup too. :D

& haha, yay for us. I LOVED Iron Man 2! The plot was ok, but it was just so funny!! :D

16. blu3 says:

girls night out is always fun! i love doing other people’s makeup :)
    .-= blu3´s last blog ..Purple x MAC =-.

so cuteeee! i love outing pics :)
    .-= sarah´s last blog ..Canadian Brand Makeup =-.

Thanks! :D