Hi guys! I’m back from my post-graduation trip to Germany and Greece! It was, for the most part, amazing, and I’m definitely going to do a couple posts regarding my trip soon (I’m just beginning to sort through pictures right now and I took about 2000 for the entire trip so……………..).
First off though, I’d like to thank everyone who stopped by and left me well wishes for the trip and/or congratulations for my graduation. I know I haven’t been able to respond to everyone, but it really means a lot to me, so thank you! :D
Anyway, I thought I would get back into things with my June Favorites since I’m trying to do them every month now. I actually made two videos for my skincare and makeup favorites because my boyfriend kept my camera in Germany (he’ll be back on Wednesday, just spending a few extra days with the relatives) so he could show his grandmother pictures from our trip (she doesn’t own a computer – isn’t that cuuuute though? :D).
So, here are my June Favorites: (I apologize in advance for being so long-winded.)
- Alba Botanica Very Emollient Sunblock Mineral Protection SPF30: This high protection mineral-only sunblock wears weightlessly and colorlessly after I rub it in and blot, hadn’t caused any adverse skin reactions and only costs $10 for a 4oz tube. I’m almost happy Proctor and Gamble discontinued all of DDF’s sunscreens (except one) so I was forced to go out and find something so much better!
- Kanebo Kracie Naive Olive Deep Cleansing Oil: Recommended to me by Lulu and Diana, this cleansing oil removes all traces of makeup on my face in 20 seconds flat – including the infamously difficult-to-remove Kiss Me Heroine Make mascaras. It does leave a bit of a residue for me so I use my regular cleanser afterwards, but as a makeup remover, it is AMAZING.
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Clear Skin Cream: I haven’t had one full blown cystic pimple on my face since I started to use this treatment twice a day. It’s a miracle!
- Avalon Organics Lavender Renewal Facial Serum: This vitamin C serum works similarly to the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum for a fraction of the price, and the creamy texture allows it to sink into my skin and blend seamlessly with my oil moisturizer whereas gels tend to sit on top and pill when I rub an oil over them.
- Vichy Thermal Spa Water: Pretty much identical to the Shu Uemura Depsea Water, and about the same price per oz, this convenient travel bottle was a lifesaver on planes, and in hot, humid Greece even when I wasn’t wearing makeup.
- Natural sea sponge from Greece: This real sea sponge was harvested off the island of Kalymnos in the Dodecanese, and makes for the perfect, gentle face scrubbie.
- Hard Candy Sheer Envy Primer ($8, 1.6oz): Works really well to reduce oiliness and keeps my makeup in place. It has a similar texture to the Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner (for a FRACTION of the cost), but doesn’t give me the sudden after-7hrs catastrophic oil slick the Dr. Brandt did.
- Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Makeup ($38, 1.69oz): The perfect light, dewy, summer foundation. It has a really weird texture in the bottle, but looks like real skin on the face and holds up incredibly well to sweat, oil, etc. (I also love that it’s cheaper than most high end foundations.)
- shu uemura Cream Eyeshadow in P Beige ($30): Expensive, but amazing. This neutral beige is the perfect easy everyday eye for me, blends well and outperforms other eye primers and cream shadows I’ve tried.
Like I said in my makeup vid, June was really not a month of makeup or beauty for me, but I think it really gave me a chance to focus on the essentials that I really rely on. All the products I’ve mentioned have become everyday staples for me. What did you love in June?