Fall Favorites ♥ Makeup Edition

Hi guys! Can you believe my last favorites post was in July!?! I meant to do both October and November favorites, but somehow I just never got around to it… so today I decided I’d do a combined Fall favorites post. Better late than never right? LOL. So, anyway, today I wanted to share the makeup items I’ve been loving since I moved to the city.

1. Visee Blossom Eyes PK-1, 2. Crayon 38E, 3. Bobbi Brown Day to Night Warm Eyes Palette, 4. MAC Improvise, 5. HIP Gold Charge, UD 24/7s in Underground and Bourbon, 6. MUFE Full Cover Concealer 6, 7. Chanel Roue Coco in Egerie, 8. Chanel Rouge Allure in Delicieuse, 9. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited BR710, 10. Lush Maple Taffy, 11. Canmake Nudy Glow Brownie Chocolate, 12. Sara Happ the lip slip, 13. Jill Stuart Mix Blush 09 Little Bouquet, 14. R&R Bedroom, 15. R&R Spank
  1. Visee Blossom Eyes PK-1 ♥ From Ilyana, this is one of my favorite new palettes. It’s my first set of pink eyeshadows and while I don’t wear it very often since it’s on the sparkly side, I do love it for going out during the daytime. It lends a really pretty feminine touch.
  2. Crayon 38E ♥ From Yumeko, another well-loved set of eyeshadows. I think I wore this for at least a week straight when I first got it and then had to force myself to try the other shadows Yume sent me LOL. It’s so easy-to-use and pretty.
  3. Bobbi Brown Day to Night Warm Eyes Palette ♥ I just reviewed this and I LOVE it. If I could only wear one palette of eyeshadows for the rest of my life, this would be it.
  4. MAC Improvise ♥ My go-to highlighter as of late. It’s a really pretty soft gold over warm-toned blushes.
  5. HIP Gold Charge, UD 24/7s in Underground and Bourbon ♥ Still loving these liners. Gold Charge is the base for my tearduct highlight and I’ve been alternating Underground (for taupes) and Bourbon (for bronzes and browns) for the bottom outer corner daily.
  6. MUFE Full Cover Concealer 6 ♥ This is a fantastic concealer! I’ve been using it for my undereyes and I love it (can’t comment on how it works for acne or scars). It’s a great match for my skintone and it looks natural and stays put forever. Plus, it actually works as a great foundation in a pinch when sheered out with water with a stippling brush!
  7. Chanel Roue Coco in Egerie ♥ Not my favorite lipstick formula, but I keep coming back to this lipstick because the color is just so beautiful. I love wearing it with JS Little Bouquet.
  8. Chanel Rouge Allure in Delicieuse ♥ The Rouge Allures may displace the Rouge Unlimiteds and Stickglosses for my favorite lipstick formula ever. They are so nice. Deliciuese is the only one I have yet, but it’s such a beautiful soft peach with a hint of coral.
  9. Shu Uemura Rouge Unlimited BR710 ♥ Amazing Rouge Unlimited formula, perfect everday nudy-pink cream.
  10. Lush Maple Taffy ♥ Great for softening lips when they’re dry, smells amazing!
  11. 11. Canmake Nudy Glow Brownie Chocolate ♥ From Yumeko, perfect nude lip! The gloss formula is really lovely and moisturizing too. The only gloss I’ve worn more than one day in a row, EVER.
  12. Sara Happ the lip slip ♥ Finally! An overnight lip treatment that’s moisturizing but not ridiculously goopy, that doesn’t give me milia along the lipline, and actually lasts all night. LOVE.
  13. Jill Stuart Mix Blush 09 Little Bouquet ♥ I got this from Amynaree’s blogsale. I love love love it. Such a cute, happy color. Wearing it always puts me in a good mood.
  14. R&R Bedroom ♥ My new go-to blush. Perfect for everyday wear and particularly lovely as a fall/winter cheek color without being too dramatic.
  15. R&R Spank ♥ My perfect pale pink blush! I used to think I couldn’t pull it off, but Spank is the right color for me. It goes really beautifully with the Canmake gloss too!

Are there any items that have really stood out to you as favorites for this fall?

I have a body care edition coming soon, and I’m also working on an updated skincare post. Hopefully that’ll come after the quarter is over but before I go on vacation haha, so stay tuned!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

30 Responses to “Fall Favorites ♥ Makeup Edition”

1. Faye Lu says:

ohhh la la so pretty — i love what you said about the Jill Stuart Blush: “it makes you feel happy”! So true, bright pink blush always makes me happy too =DDD ohhh such a pretty VisEE palette. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog xo

Hehehe, isn’t blush amazing?? & thanks so much for stopping by! :D

2. Georgina says:

more and more BB’s are raving about Sara Happ’s lip balms! im definitely adding that to my list of products to try next year. ^_^

I adore the Sara Happ lip slip! I actually wanted it for a really long time but put off ordering it, so when I finally found it in a little boutique I just had to get it! I have to say, for the amount of product you get the price isn’t so bad (not to say it isn’t expensive b/c Rosebud Salve tins are huge too and they’re only like $6 lol, but it’s not as ridiculous as I originally thought) and it really works!

3. I love looking at your favorites posts :) so much pretty makeup. You’re really making me want to try the Chanel Rouge Allures!! This month, I’ve been loving Prestige WP Liner in Granite, Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara, and the lippie you sent me xD That’s pretty much the only makeup I wear these days (at least on the weekdays lol. I have no energy for anything fancier). ooh and I’m also loving my Koji lash curlers that I picked up in Taiwan last summer.

Aww thanks haha. I try. I’m actually super bummed about not being able to take as pretty pictures as I used to… & heeheehee… I do have to say the Rouge Allures are amazing and I love that they have more creme finishes. I think I stayed away from them because I heard they were pretty sheer (and from my swatching there are a number that are pretty sheer, like Mythic which is also super popular lol) but man, Delicieuse is just so beautiful and the texture is really lovely! It’s less slippery than the Stickglosses and Rouge Unlimiteds, but not more drying (stickglosses still win for hydration though), and the finish is just so pretty. It’s glowy, but not really shiny, in a way I can’t really describe or catch on camera…

& ooh. You know, I haven’t pulled out Granite in a really long time. I should do that soon hehe. =)

4. switch says:

I really need to try more Shu lipsticks! BR710 looks like a color I could wear everyday. I agree with you, Delicieuse and Spank are awesome :)

If you can get your hands on them I think the Shu lipsticks are definitely worth it! & thanks! :D

thanks for sharing youst list! so much goodies to look into hahaha. I bought the other LUSH lipbalm, the snow fairy one (pink), i love the smell but i found it a little hard to soften and apply. i wonder if the maple taffy formulation is softer, or do you have a special way of applying it? :)

Edna responds:

Lulu’s gonna literally murder me if I say I still haven’t opened my Naked Palette.

Damn it, I”m dead :(

LOL! ^^;;

Sure thing! :D & you know, I don’t think the Maple Taffy formulation is softer but I do actually have a kind of “special” way of applying it. I talk about it in the next video that I’m going to upload (hopefully soon LOL) but I actually apply it directly to my lips from the tin haha. Since the balm is hard and waxy I felt like it would have made more sense to put it in a tube… so I just use my tin as a tube, does that make sense? My lips are usually naturally warm and so that melts the balm on easier and I’ve found it works really well. Plus, then I don’t have to get my fingers sticky and my hands are usually ice cold anyway lol. HTH!

Lulu responds:

Heyy that worked! I just tried it, haha you are so clever :) I hated how I have to dip my finger in the pot when I’m at work (plus it has a pink stain) and it never works with my cold fingers. now I can use this more often, it was totally sleeping in my makeup bag for over 2 weeks now since the last use. sweet! hahaha thanks dear :p

I really need to get one of the Canmake’s glosses because I don’t have a reason not to, now that I’m back home where everything’s cheaper than when I was in Australia! I’m glad you’re still loving the palette I sent you <3 <3

Oh doooooooo! I love Brownie Chocolate so much! :D

& dude I do really really love it! It’s a little too SHIMMER for school I think, but for daytime not-school it’s like my go-to hehe. :D

7. Dovey says:

Favorite posts are the best! Everything looks so pink and feminine

I agree with the Bobbi Brown palette, it’s really really awesome and I love it too! I’m coveting Spank, and I’ve never seen the Jill Stuart Blush (or Jill stuart cosmetics!) before, so I’m intrigued. It’s so mod and pretty =)

Dovey responds:

Oh, and forgot to ask— are the rouge allures more hydrating than the rouge coco’s ? I thought the point of Rouge coco was to be hydrating! I’ve never gotten a chanel before, but I really really like the spring 2011 collection (but I have really dry lips… sad)

I really love reading other peoples’ favorites posts too. :D

Glad to hear you’re loving the BB palette! I’m totally in love hehehe. :D & ahhh, Spank’s definitely one of the more coveted R&R blushes. It’s a little hard to find now, but I think not totally impossible if you keep an eye out for sales on Hautelook and the like – good luck finding it! & oh! Jill Stuart cosmetics is one of my favorite lines in terms of eye candy. The blush is my first JS makeup item (I have two makeup bags) and I bought it secondhand but I do love it. Everything they make is so beautiful…

& yes. The Rouge Allures are way more hydrating than the Rouge Cocos in my opinion. I know the Rouge Cocos were supposed to be billed as these full-color but moisturizing lipsticks… and in comparison to many lipstick formulas (coughMACcough) they are hydrating, but they come nowhere close to the Rouge Allures, Shu Rouge Unlimiteds or Laura Mercier Stickglosses. (Though, I think some of the SAs are kind of brainwashed about it, I once brought it up at a counter and the SA there shot back that the Rouge Cocos weren’t less moisturizing they were just different for different people. Um… ok. o_O;)

Anyway, in my experience, my lips have to be in tip top shape to wear the Rouge Coco I have and it does start to dry my lips out a bit after a few hours of wear. It’s nowhere near as bad as say some other lipsticks which cause a whole layer of my lips to flake off, but I wouldn’t call them moisturizing. Also since they’re pretty thick, opaque lipsticks, I find they really accentuate any dryness you might have. So yea, I only kept Egerie because I LOVE the color and had been looking for it forever. I always have to make sure my lips are exfoliated and properly moisturized with two layers of balm before I wear it.

For Delicieuse, it doesn’t go on looking super amazing if my lips are dry, but after I give it a chance to “sink in” a bit it like, magically softens the dryness, evens out and makes my lips look pretty amazing. I was initially disappointed the first time I wore Delicieuse, but I was seriously in shock about a minute later at how it had magically transformed my lips lol. And it looks even better when your lips are in good condition! :D So yea, I definitely prefer the Rouge Allures. I think many of the Rouge Allures are much sheerer than the Rouge Cocos though.

(And keep in mind, I have REALLY REALLY REALLY dry lips. I basically can’t go without really heavy lip balms all the time and my lips are especially sensitive and allergic… so it’s complicated for me lol.)

Dovey responds:

Thanks so much Catherine! Note to self, don’t ask the SA’s the same question =P. Dry lips make me so scared to try any lipsticks, so I’m kinda excited about Rouge Allure’s now! Unfortunately, the spring 2011 color I was lemming is a Rouge Coco. x_X. Oh, and Burt’s bees lip balm is my best friend— if I forget to bring it somewhere, I start freaking out!

8. Linda says:

I have a few that are my favorites that are in your favorites! Like the underground and bourbon eyeliner and also the bedroom R&R blush! Awesome! I’m eyeing that bobbi brown eyeshadow palette….so tempting…

Great minds, Linda! :D

9. Wee! Do you know how excited I was to see all this makeup in one picture!! XD
    I’m excited to try them as I haven’t tried ANY of these!! Is the HIP Liner a gold colour? I’m sad that only the HIP eyeshadow duos are sold here and none of the other awesome stuff =(

The R&R Bedroom blush looks really pretty and so does the Canmake lipgloss! ^^

LOL. Glad it made you happy. :D

The HIP liner is a gold color. It’s called Gold Charge. It’s really pretty, I like it a lot, but most days I just use it as a base for my inner tearduct highlight which is actually a shimmery pale champagne (I should really just get a champagne liner lol). It works really awesome for this purpose though, since it’s a very creamy, soft liner that grabs powder really well. HTH =)

10. Nice faves list, babe! MUFE hasn’t worked for me in the past but my panda eyes make me want to look beyond this. Think I’ll pick up a tube to try. ;)

(Thank you for the rec’s! I’ve been meaning to check out LM’s Stickgloss)

Very great faves! Bourbon is my fave e/l ever!

12. Eva says:

Great list! love your blush choices ;)

the color palette makes me happy ^^ and at least you DO favorites posts.. hahaha i’m such a bad beauty blogger!

14. Jen says:

What a sweet collection. I see you must love pink! (me too) =)

15. Stephanie says:

Yay for favorites! I’m glad you finally found a lipgloss that you like! I have yet to try the Canmake ones but I’ve only heard good things. Btw, I’m curious of your thoughts on the Chanel Spring collection! I got a chance to look at it and I love the polishes and lipsticks (and the palette of 5!). I really want to finally purchase one of their lipsticks but I’m not sure which one yet.

16. WorshipBlues says:

OH THIS IS ONE FAB COLLECTION!!!

I recently was given a couple of R&R blushes and I cannot wait to try them!